Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

They're all positioning themselves for when Sevenbins crashes and burns later this year. I have no idea who the next Tory leader will be but if is Lettuce Liz I will be truly amazed..
Not that it matters the next Tory leader is just going to be a placeholder.

"Liz Truss says Sunak’s government has failed to take on 'left-wing extremists'
Former prime minister Liz Truss has told the PopCons event in London that Britons want to see lower immigration and want illegal immigrants deported, but that ministers’ efforts are “constantly being stymied”, and that “Conservatives have not taken on the left-wing extremists.”

Saying that for two decades Tories had tried to “appease these people”, and also argued that ministers have “responsibility without having power”, because of institutions having greater sway.

“I’m afraid we have not taken on the left enough” she said.

She claimed the ideology of leftists disguising themselves as environmentalists is about “taking power away from families and giving it to the state and unelected bodies” and is drowning out the need for cheaper energy, and hit out at the government for “pandering to the anti-capitalists”, while ordinary people believe “the wokery that is going on is nonsense”. She said “wokeism seems to be on the curriculum” in s"chools.

Former prime minister Liz Truss has told the PopCons event in London that Britons want to see lower immigration and want illegal immigrants deported, but that ministers’ efforts are “constantly being stymied”, and that “Conservatives have not taken on the left-wing extremists.”

Saying that for two decades Tories had tried to “appease these people”, and also argued that ministers have “responsibility without having power”, because of institutions having greater sway.

She claimed the ideology of leftists disguising themselves as environmentalists is about “taking power away from families and giving it to the state and unelected bodies” and is drowning out the need for cheaper energy, and hit out at the government for “pandering to the anti-capitalists”, while ordinary people believe “the wokery that is going on is nonsense”. She said “wokeism seems to be on the curriculum” in s"chools.
I'd have to say, she's right. Extinction Rebellion making people a bit late for work is probably the worst thing going on in the world right now.

She is totally Upminster*
I read that earlier and thought, how can she be this deluded? She wrecked the economy, working with Rees-Mogg, who is just about as popular, and she made a lettuce famous. It's not that people hate her; they think she's a joke.

*Many stops past Barking
Ninja'd by cupid_stunt

The line about not taking on the anti-capitalists is rich (arf arf) given the current Prime Minister is a billionaire and the leader of the opposition is a knight.

Truss got the biggest laugh when she derided her Westminster colleagues for indulging in progressive causes like Net Zero and LGBT rights because they want to be popular at London dinner parties, saying this wasn’t an issue for her because “I never get invited to dinner parties”. It was an odd thing to admit, at the launch of a movement that has “popular” in the name.
miaow

I genuinely can't believe that someone sat down with Lizz Truss and decided to call it 'PopCon', though.

My only thinking is that they through it sounded like 'con' as in 'Convention' akin to a sort festival.

A festival of all the Tory MPs.

Back
Top Bottom