Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liverpool FC V Real Madrid, Champions League Final: 7.45pm Sat 26th May 2018

Liverpool fans classless as ever! Hope they are hunted down and banned.
Let's be fair, pretty much every single club up and down the leagues have these kind of fans; it ain't a Liverpool-specific problem.

Hadn't quite realised the guy's only 24. Even without the abuse, what a thing to have to go through.

There were quite a lot of comments suggesting none of his teammates or Klopp went up to him at the final whistle. I was wondering if it just got missed by the main cameras, or if he really was left alone? Really sad if he was - I get that you're all going through stuff and in the moment it'd be hard to do, but by christ someone should have gone to him :(

Let's be fair, pretty much every single club up and down the leagues have these kind of fans; it ain't a Liverpool-specific problem.

Hadn't quite realised the guy's only 24. Even without the abuse, what a thing to have to go through.

There were quite a lot of comments suggesting none of his teammates or Klopp went up to him at the final whistle. I was wondering if it just got missed by the main cameras, or if he really was left alone? Really sad if he was - I get that you're all going through stuff and in the moment it'd be hard to do, but by christ someone should have gone to him :(
First person up to him after the whistle was Bale!

Liverpool fans classless as ever! Hope they are hunted down and banned.
Oh behave, you Muppet. Idiots everywhere, it might astonish you to learn. Your only purpose for posting that is to try and piss people off, which marks you down as someone else with little class.

Oh behave, you Muppet. Idiots everywhere, it might astonish you to learn. Your only purpose for posting that is to try and piss people off, which marks you down as someone else with little class.
So cos loads of fans are classless you can’t call any of them on it! Bizarre thinking.

So cos loads of fans are classless you can’t call any of them on it! Bizarre thinking.
You implied with the "as ever" that there's a long history of social media abuse from Liverpool, in a post designed to irritate and wind up people on this thread.

It's not my fault you have difficulty understanding your own posts, but I wish you wouldn't do it here.

My heart goes out to him. I played in goal at hockey when in school, and a few times afterwards. The first time I turned out for the second eleven, we were beaten 10 -1, and probably eight of them were my fault. It wasn't one we were likely to win, it was against Fettes, but even so, the feeling that you have let your team down is dreadful.

I dare say Mr Karius didn't sleep much last night. I've made both of his mistakes, misjudging the position of the opposing player, and not getting your hand low enough on the incoming ball.

As has been said, he's young, a bit to learn yet. Whether this education continues at Liverpool is another matter of course.

My heart goes out to him. I played in goal at hockey when in school, and a few times afterwards. The first time I turned out for the second eleven, we were beaten 10 -1, and probably eight of them were my fault. It wasn't one we were likely to win, it was against Fettes, but even so, the feeling that you have let your team down is dreadful.

I dare say Mr Karius didn't sleep much last night. I've made both of his mistakes, misjudging the position of the opposing player, and not getting your hand low enough on the incoming ball.

As has been said, he's young, a bit to learn yet. Whether this education continues at Liverpool is another matter of course.
Psychologically, it would have been nice for him to appear again in a Liverpool shirt again and get a supportive round of applause. However I guess he'll be off in the Summer and end up at a team around 2 levels down from Liverpool.

Roughly along the same lines, I saw this recently about Don Fox, the famous 'poor lad' from Eddie Waring's commentary (Rugby League Challenge Cup final 1968 - missed a kick in the last couple of seconds to win the match). Apparently it haunted him all his life. :(

After watching various compilations of Ramos's sendings-off on YouTube any doubt that there wasn't intent involved, or he didn't give a shit about the outcome has gone.. still professional football..always been like it..
Stills are not always the best way to judge fouls, but there's one on this page where Ramos clearly has Salah's arm tight to his body. Certainly should have been a foul. Wouldn't have made much difference to the game awarding a foul, but it would have made Ramos 'officially' guilty of causing the injury.

Stills are not always the best way to judge fouls, but there's one on this page where Ramos clearly has Salah's arm tight to his body. Certainly should have been a foul. Wouldn't have made much difference to the game awarding a foul, but it would have made Ramos 'officially' guilty of causing the injury.
No doubt about the foul but nobody could have forseen the injury caused by the fall.

No doubt about the foul but nobody could have forseen the injury caused by the fall.
Exactly, that's where I question the whole "he meant to do it" thing. He meant to foul Salah, no question, but I doubt he was thinking about dislocating the guy's shoulder! Again, though, it's one of those things where he probably thinks "one of these will stick...".

I do wonder at what point Ramos feels it's a bit much. Maybe taking him out of the game he thinks "job done", but out of the WC too? Maybe he regrets that, maybe he just thinks "that's football".

Exactly, that's where I question the whole "he meant to do it" thing. He meant to foul Salah, no question, but I doubt he was thinking about dislocating the guy's shoulder! Again, though, it's one of those things where he probably thinks "one of these will stick...".

I do wonder at what point Ramos feels it's a bit much. Maybe taking him out of the game he thinks "job done", but out of the WC too? Maybe he regrets that, maybe he just thinks "that's football".
Ramos will just point at his medals, I daresay.

Ronaldo was asked if he was disappointed not to score

“The Champions League should change and be called the CR7 Champions League.

“I have won five and I am the [top] goalscorer again, so I cannot be sad.”

Impossible not to acknowledge and respect his achievements but equally impossible to admire him.

Back
Top Bottom