Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liverpool FC V Real Madrid, Champions League Final: 7.45pm Sat 26th May 2018

That's why very few people will take Ronaldo's side in the Messi vs Ronaldo greatest ever debate. You could spend all day going over their stats and achievements, but I doubt even Ron's mum would want him to come out on top, he's completely unlikeable.

Exactly, that's where I question the whole "he meant to do it" thing. He meant to foul Salah, no question, but I doubt he was thinking about dislocating the guy's shoulder! Again, though, it's one of those things where he probably thinks "one of these will stick...".

I do wonder at what point Ramos feels it's a bit much. Maybe taking him out of the game he thinks "job done", but out of the WC too? Maybe he regrets that, maybe he just thinks "that's football".
Screenshot-2018-5-27 ( ) News about ramos salah on Twitter.png

Ronaldo was asked if he was disappointed not to score

“The Champions League should change and be called the CR7 Champions League.

“I have won five and I am the [top] goalscorer again, so I cannot be sad.”

Impossible not to acknowledge and respect his achievements but equally impossible to admire him.

So where he going to be next season?

Exactly, that's where I question the whole "he meant to do it" thing. He meant to foul Salah, no question, but I doubt he was thinking about dislocating the guy's shoulder! Again, though, it's one of those things where he probably thinks "one of these will stick...".

I do wonder at what point Ramos feels it's a bit much. Maybe taking him out of the game he thinks "job done", but out of the WC too? Maybe he regrets that, maybe he just thinks "that's football".

It was not about stopping Salah getting the ball - Ramos was absolutely trying to injure him - he was gripping his arm tight and he deliberately "fell" taking salah with him whilst twisting his arm. Cunt probably practices that sort of shit with Real Madrids "dark art's" coach - Vincente Jones.

No doubt about the foul but nobody could have forseen the injury caused by the fall.
That's pretty much what I meant. Not that he intended to cause the injury, but that he's 'responsible' for the injury (as opposed to it being a genuine accident).

Ronaldo was asked if he was disappointed not to score

“The Champions League should change and be called the CR7 Champions League.

“I have won five and I am the [top] goalscorer again, so I cannot be sad.”

Impossible not to acknowledge and respect his achievements but equally impossible to admire him.
It's not ron's fault that this stuff is so funny when zlatan says it.

Every time Zlatan opens his mouth someone should remind him of his year at Barcelona.
I don't think his gigantotron ego is tempered that easily, and they still won the league. I can't remember which side he was in at the time, but there's a clip of him somewhere where he's standing on the halfway line with his hands clasped behind his back just watching the action around his team's box.

I'm really proud of what Liverpool did this season. If Ramos wants to do things like that and win, then so be it. I'm happy as runner up with someone as brilliant as Klopp, and with the attitude and mentality the team have got.

I thought I'd be distraught, but I'm happy to be a Liverpool fan today.

Gotta feel for Bale. He's not even in the picture.

marca.750.jpg

Yeah, my heart bleeds. Just won another European Cup with a goal that will be played as long as the sport itself, with the certainty he'll be playing somewhere next season that will pay him fifteen million pounds a year. But he's not on the front of a sports paper. :(

He was man of the match despite only playing half an hour. You might expect the front page to mention that rather than begging CR7 to stick around. Awful club.

He (Ramos) is an arch-cunt in a position that almost demands cuntishness, but Maldini had that in his locker as well.
Ramos
Ramos has earned 274 cards during playing career
Ramos has picked up more cards - be it yellow or red - than any other player in the history of LaLiga, the Champions League, and the Spain national team: 171, 36 and 20, respectively. Overall, he has been brandished with 274 during his career.
Maldini
He was known for his calm and composed manner on the pitch, as well as his ability to read the game, preferring elegance and intelligence to physicality and aggression when defending; regarded as a correct player, known for his discipline on the pitch, he only received three red cards throughout his entire career.
Maldini 25 Seasons 3 reds - Ramos 13 seasons 24 reds and counting.

Ramos, zidane, Ronaldo for starters. Utterly lacking in grace. And their tedious fans. I don’t even support Liverpool but I was hoping like hell they could shut the fuckers up.
Why Zidane? Genuine q, as they say.

Ramos has just doubled his cuntitude:

Liverpool ordered Karius to undergo a series of scans to determine whether he had endured head trauma following an elbow from Sergio Ramos.

It has now been confirmed that the incident, which occurred minutes before the goalkeeper’s first mistake led to Karim Benzema’s opener, did cause a concussion.

Zafonte and Herget, who conducted the scans at the Massachusetts General Hospital on May 31, wrote:

“We have received numerous calls today regarding the health status of Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius. With Mr. Karius’s permission, we are providing information about his medical situation in an effort to prevent, where possible, the dissemination of incomplete or erroneous information.

“On May 31, 2018 Mr. Karius underwent a comprehensive examination by Dr. Ross Zafonte and Dr. Lenore Herget in Boston at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

“After carefully reviewing game film and integrating a detailed history – including his reported present and immediate post-contact subjective symptoms – physical examination and objective metrics, we have concluded that Mr. Karius sustained a concussion during the match May 26, 2018.

“At the time of our evaluation, Mr. Karius’s principal residual symptoms and objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed and likely occurred immediately following the event. Additional symptomatic and objectively noted areas of dysfunction also persisted. It could be possible that such deficits would affect performance.

“We also note that Mr. Karius has reported significant and steady improvement since the concussive event, and we expect him to make a full recovery based on the results of the examination. We expect that with treatment and by following prescribed activity protocols he will continue to improve. We have encouraged vigilance and an emphasis on safety in his eventual return to full activity.”
Karius' concussion doctors confirm head scan results

Not sure I've ever heard doctors drawn into an attempt to change the narrative round a match so explicitly before. Don't get me wrong, it sounds entirely plausible that the barge/elbow from Ramos caused a concussion - and the 2 mistakes were so bad that a concussion was itself one of the few explanations. Dunno though, just seems a bit late to be going through this now. Ramos is certainly a cunt though.

Fucking weird how dodgy goalkeeper incidents enabled Real to squeeze through the last 3 games of the tournament:

Quarter Final > Buffon's dubious Red card after Real were given a 93rd minute penalty to seal the tie.

Semi Final > Bayern Keeper Ulreich gives the game away with this beauty

Final > Karius

eta: fuck me - you can actually hear Karius screaming "Arghghg" as Ramos elbows him.

well sneakey that elbow - several players blocking the refs view - blink and you'll miss it. Did the physios attend to karius immediately afterwards? Maybe his mistake was not to seek treatment - perhaps fearing they'd have subbed him.

Back
Top Bottom