Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lapland New Forest - Summer Covid Edition

This was supposed to be a luxury tranquil retreat, but there is nothing luxury about waking up with a headache to the smell of oil, and nothing tranquil about having a building site metres from your room

It genuinely has been a holiday from hell.

Quality local newspaper the Wezzy Gezzy, it covers important stories like this man killed by being fed a kebab while he was asleep.

Why on earth do people book with Britannia Hotels, owners of Pontins, when they have been rated UK’s worst hotel chain for eight years running?

This year saw Britannia muster an overall score of just 37%; with one-star ratings for the quality of its bathrooms, bedrooms and communal areas. It was also rated one star for value for money despite being one of the cheapest brands in our survey, at £58 per night on average.

Our undercover inspectors found stained towels, stray hairs and pillows ‘flimsier than bookmarks’ when visiting its Folkestone chain, the Grand Burstin, this summer. A germ simulation experiment demonstrated worrying lapses in cleaning between guests.

The situation at Britannia’s Brighton seafront hotel, the Royal Albion, wasn’t much better. Swab tests revealed traces of enterococci, bacteria found in faeces, on the toilet seat and bathroom door handle.

Britannia isn’t in the name and “Grand” sounds like it could be a good hotel. Plus I think with online booking via apps there’s a tendency to book instantly before researching, something I’m incapable of doing!

Premier Inn at least tend to have modern hotels and reliable brand standards!

Britannia isn’t in the name and “Grand” sounds like it could be a good hotel. Plus I think with online booking via apps there’s a tendency to book instantly before researching, something I’m incapable of doing!

That I simply do not understand, just a quick google brings up Trip Adviser as the first link returned, and this should set the alarm bells ringing -

2ss.png
Premier Inn at least tend to have modern hotels and reliable brand standards!

Britannia Hotels has reliable brand standards too, they're all shit!

An entire summer of everyone remembering why they don't take holidays in the UK. So much of UK hospitality is just terrible. Hotels full of petty rules and staff who think the concept of customer service is a nasty american import which should be pushed back against.

Back
Top Bottom