Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

I rekon it will be chuka. Good on TV, articulate, fresh face, young, will be presented as 'british obama'. And a right winger who wont frighten the establishment horses.

Racahel Reeves - no chance. She is very smart (regional chess champion) but she is a charisma free, professional politician with a very boring voice. Ive met her and she is not someone who people are going to rally behind - plus she has a sprog on the way.

no, more like what football commentators say.

You picked him for the previous leadership contest when he was seen as a make-weight.
Apart from not picking him for a previous leadership contest but saying he was a party fav (you, of course, denied this). that's pretty spot on.

'seen as' - i wonder who is seeing here?

Apart from not picking him for a previous leadership contest but saying he was a party fav (you, of course, denied this). that's pretty spot on.

'seen as' - i wonder who is seeing here?
If we're talking about predictions, my argument that UKIP would get squeezed into having a negligible overall impact has stood up.

Ah, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I distinctly remember you arguing that they were some new insurgent political force going to sweep the labour heartlands...
No i didn't. Can you quote me 'distinctly' saying any such thing? I presume this is of the same order of memory of me saying the BNP will have many MPs in 2010 despite me explicitly arguing that they wouldn't in your mag at your request? Good stuff. I await your distinctly.

2nds all over the shop.
I just posted this in the UKIP thread - the biggest numbers are all Labour areas (although the NW is lower than I'd expected - any idea why?)

North E 16.7
Yorkshire 16.7
West Mid 16
East 16.4
East Mid 15.3
South E 14.9
South W 14
North W 13.7
London 8.2

I just posted this in the UKIP thread - the biggest numbers are all Labour areas (although the NW is lower than I'd expected - any idea why?)

North E 16.7
Yorkshire 16.7
West Mid 16
East 16.4
East Mid 15.3
South E 14.9
South W 14
North W 13.7
London 8.2
Don't know on NW - will have a think. Those figures do not show the UKIP collapse when shit gets real that many expected. That many means a significant activist base from which to further expand and who will learn how to do this sort of politics...

My money's on Burnham (not literally, yet - depends on the odds) - the unions will get behind him as the least worst option. Right wing will fall behind either Umunna or Jarvis, Cooper will probably stand and pick up some support.

Can Murphy really hold on in Scotland???

Burnham seems to be a decent guy, but he seems to fall apart when interrogated, and there is Mid Staffs,

Maybe Jarvis or a relatively unknown, not my views though

North E 16.7
Yorkshire 16.7
West Mid 16
East 16.4
East Mid 15.3
South E 14.9
South W 14
North W 13.7
London 8.2

Could it be in some places like Birkenhead(got rid of McVile), Wigan, etc, there is still a small but effective working class left.

NW is in part a successful metropolis, so not odd that its politics are London-like at times and kippers do less well.

Quoting Russel Brand again? He really shouldn't be your idol, he is a twat.

I'm enjoying tea, with two sugars. In a hot a sunny place, at least my postal ballot did more than yours. Enjoy the next four spunking cock years!

dan the man postal voted green. Save the fucking whales. ex pat cunt

Just heard on the BBC David Lammy is prepared to stand if colleagues would like him too. Sorry cannot link from this clockwork device!

Just heard on the BBC David Lammy is prepared to stand if colleagues would like him too. Sorry cannot link from this clockwork device!

It's going to be a battle of the "British Barack Obama's" between him and Chuka!

Lammy is my MP, I thought he had his sight firmly set on the Mayorality

It's going to be a battle of the "British Barack Obama's" between him and Chuka!

Lammy is my MP, I thought he had his sight firmly set on the Mayorality

I was thinking he would be better at replacing Boz than Ed.
Always impressed with his performances. How is he as a constituency MP?

I was thinking he would be better at replacing Boz than Ed.
Always impressed with his performances. How is he as a constituency MP?

I haven't been here long enough to tell really (my previous MP was Chuka in Streatham and he's full of himself) he says the right things to appeal to the local electorate, but a donkey in a Labour rosette will get elected in Tottenham.

Been positioning himself more to the right recently with a view to the Mayors seat.

Sadiq Khan (who was my MP in Tooting :D) is interested in a run at Mayor, he seemed a pretty decent sort when I lived in his constituency.

I've got a fiver on Chuka Umunna if anyone wants it. He seems like just the kind of leader that the PR people and party technocrats would love as he's pretty much a blank slate, but a competent and presentable one.

Shiny , charismatic,centrist but too smooth , public school + "lite" ? Remember reading that hes repeatedly shown himself to be not sturdy/resilient enough re: detail ?

Back
Top Bottom