Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

I'd be very surprised if Chukka or THunt have a snowballs chance of getting elected unless the supporter category really is used effectively by the pluralist slime - they're just the biggest opportunists (getting in there early) I would even be surprised if both of them get enough nominations.

I would guess the three current frontrunners haven't even declared yet properly even if one of them has registered a website:D

From The Guardian: '.....there were calls for a brutal far-reaching debate about the direction of the party, including for Labour to reconnect with the aspiring middle class'.

'Kinell. It's like Miliband and co had threatened to send them to the gulags!

From The Guardian: '.....there were calls for a brutal far-reaching debate about the direction of the party, including for Labour to reconnect with the aspiring middle class'.

Never done Blair any harm. And if Labour fail to recognise that then the Tories can look forward to at least two full terms in Government.

you don't have the slightest clue you ex pat freak. With your big green vote. By the way, nice line in confused misogyny too- bras were burned for the right to vote not the right to abstain. Aren't you supposed to be an educator of some sort. thick twat. 'bourgeoisie uprising' yeah- don't use words you don't know without googling them first chap cos it makes you look a right bell.

Wow, the toys are hitting the floor like rain!

Enjoy the next five years. :D

I will enjoy mine. Keep posting, make a difference! :thumbs:

says the man crying into his beer about wussel brand wuining his gween vote

so about those two glaring errors- did you have a google to check and realise you'd mugged yourself? probably best not to, you don't seem the sort who takes his own failings well :thumbs: :D etc

Last edited:

the whole squeezed middle thing comes into it I suppose- how true that phrase is I do not know but the press has peddled it steadily

says the man crying into his beer about wussel brand wuining his gween vote

so about those two glaring errors- did you have a google to check and realise you'd mugged yourself? probably best not to, you don't seem the sort who takes his own failings well :thumbs: :D etc

I'm not crying about anything, got a great job, have loads of qualifications, never need to worry about my future.

You?

Wussle's no vote didn't really do anything for you, did it? :D

You have serious issues!
:D managed to make the whale-savers green mask slip there eh. Behold the true contempt of the middle class green voter. Who doesn't even live in the polity he's voting in. Lol. Jog on dan the man, you lost again.

Squeezed middle is downward trend for wages, upwards for cost of living I think - so freezing energy prices should have appealed along with promising to protect NHS.

There's quite a large unsqueezed middle. If your biggest fixed expense is the mortgage and you don't really notice food prices or utility bills, low interest rates mean that the last five years have been pretty good.

Ed didn't really talk to that tier of people.

:D managed to make the whale-savers green mask slip there eh. Behold the true contempt of the middle class green voter. Who doesn't even live in the polity he's voting in. Lol. Jog on dan the man, you lost again.

Father, coal miner, mother, school technician, I'm more working class that you could ever dream. I worked hard and got my qualifications, you could too. But I doubt you can.

Didn't even finish one year of uni, well go on, burn your bra!

There's quite a large unsqueezed middle. If your biggest fixed expense is the mortgage and you don't really notice food prices or utility bills, low interest rates mean that the last five years have been pretty good.

Ed didn't really talk to that tier of people.
So what do you think he should have been saying to them?

There's a very strong argument to be made against people who spoil their ballot paper and then complain about the election result, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of ad hominem now and again. But Dandred isn't carrying it off with aplomb, I'm afraid.

the whole squeezed middle thing comes into it I suppose- how true that phrase is I do not know but the press has peddled it steadily

from where i am - and i'll accept entirely that its quite a privileged location - the 'squeezed middle' wasn't the middle at all, it was the working poor. that 'one paycheque away from a foodbank' group. that, in a way, says something about Milibands' perception of 'the middle' when he thinks that people in that position are in the middle.

it probably contributed to his downfall - if people in that position thought that Miliband considered them 'in the middle', then they probably got the shit scared out of them over who would get the bill for the SNP's wish list.

if you've had a mortgage for the last decade the recession - assuming you didn't lose your job in it - barely affected you. the worth of my (public sector) pension has reduced, and my pay rises haven't exactly been stratospheric or even kept pace with inflation, but my housing costs have only decreaced, while the worth of my house has massively increaced. yes, food, energy etc.. has increased over the decade, but not by a sum we find difficult to cope with or that has materially effected our lifestyle. the discounters, Aldi and Lidl, have probably soaked up most of that increace anyway - 10 years ago i would have shopped at an out-of-town supermarket and done two weeks shopping in one go, now i could go into Aldi and fill my trolley for £50, in 2005 the same thing would have cost me £80 in Sainsburys.

Miliband and Labour didn't give me one word - i wasn't looking for freebies - he just ignored, or wasn't aware of, my existance, and the truth is there's lots of people like me.

from where i am - and i'll accept entirely that its quite a privileged location - the 'squeezed middle' wasn't the middle at all, it was the working poor. that 'one paycheque away from a foodbank' group. that, in a way, says something about Milibands' perception of 'the middle' when he thinks that people in that position are in the middle.

it probably contributed to his downfall - if people in that position thought that Miliband considered them 'in the middle', then they probably got the shit scared out of them over who would get the bill for the SNP's wish list.

if you've had a mortgage for the last decade the recession - assuming you didn't lose your job in it - barely affected you. the worth of my (public sector) pension has reduced, and my pay rises haven't exactly been stratospheric or even kept pace with inflation, but my housing costs have only decreaced, while the worth of my house has massively increaced. yes, food, energy etc.. has increased over the decade, but not by a sum we find difficult to cope with or that has materially effected our lifestyle. the discounters, Aldi and Lidl, have probably soaked up most of that increace anyway - 10 years ago i would have shopped at an out-of-town supermarket and done two weeks shopping in one go, now i could go into Aldi and fill my trolley for £50, in 2005 the same thing would have cost me £80 in Sainsburys.

Miliband and Labour didn't give me one word - i wasn't looking for freebies - he just ignored, or wasn't aware of, my existance, and the truth is there's lots of people like me.

I hear what you are saying- thats not the squeezed middle I read about. I've read articles on people moaning that only one kid gets to go to the 20k a year school etc

(public sector) pension has reduced
Unison? I picketed against those cuts and marched against them, but no joy from the craven unison

Back
Top Bottom