Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour & Anti-Semitism.

TopCat I've literally just seen your thread in the health forum.
I wouldn't have engaged if I knew you were going through all that shit and I genuinely apologise, and not in a patronising way

Walker was expelled from Labour ages ago, this w*nker on the tube was zilch to do even with Walker, let alone Labour - so if you don't mind, plse briefly explain what you think this has to do with Labour and AS ?
don't bother, he'll only come out with some irrelevant bollocks. Probably misquoting someone along the way too.

honestly, am starting to lose the will to try and distinguish between genuine, good faith (and justified ) concerns about Labour and AS, and the cynical weaponisation of the whole issue that feels like it will never go until Corbyn, and his ( our ) politcal tendency in the Party are no longer in the driving seat.

Walker was expelled from Labour ages ago, this w*nker on the tube was zilch to do even with Walker, let alone Labour - so if you don't mind, plse briefly explain what you think this has to do with Labour and AS ?
You'll be led all round the houses and will rip your nasal hair out in frustration and despair

honestly, am starting to lose the will to try and distinguish between genuine, good faith (and justified ) concerns about Labour and AS, and the cynical weaponisation of the whole issue that feels like it will never go until Corbyn, and his ( our ) politcal tendency in the Party are no longer in the driving seat.
You don't actually have to engage with it

not totally sure what you mean here ... active LP / Momentum member, feel like we're being utterly f*cked over by the weaponisers on the one hand, and the ( tiny minority of ) cranks facilitating it all on the other... but 'don't actually have to engage with it' ?
Are people talking to you about it on the doorstep or elsewhere when you're campaigning? are you accomplishing anything at all by arguing about it here / elsewhere online? If not, then don't get involved.

Antisemitism in Labour is a problem, without a doubt: but it's being cynically used right now by enemies of the left as a distraction, as a smokescreen, and as a demotivator. The reaction you're having is it's intended purpose.

Are people talking to you about it on the doorstep or elsewhere when you're campaigning? are you accomplishing anything at all by arguing about it here / elsewhere online? If not, then don't get involved.

Antisemitism in Labour is a problem, without a doubt: but it's being cynically used right now by enemies of the left as a distraction, as a smokescreen, and as a demotivator. The reaction you're having is it's intended purpose.

agreed, but unfortunately, it is bleeding into doorstep / IRL situations now... from the woman the other day at a hustings who did a matt Hancock style ' buuuut.... anti semitism' dead cat blurt out when her v thin opposition to Lab /Green New Deal had been vigorously opposed, to the Brexit Party supporting ( near ) neighbour who defaulted to ' but look at Corbyn / AS ...= terrible leader ' angle....( bearing in mind we have approx 0 % Jewish constituents down here...wld be interested to hear first hand how this is all playing out on doorsteps in LDN / Manc etc )

Internally, we spend approx the same amount of time discussing AS , Israel / Palestine @ CLP / Branch meets as we ever did post 2015 (I never went b4 ) , ie : approx less than 1 % of all meets, ever.... but regrettably it does feel like it's cut through now into real life, if only in the most negative / default sense, or as lazy, proxy means of attack on Corbyn leadership.

Last edited:
I shouldn't have put the link to the twat on the tube on here as it has nothing to do with the Labour party.
And I'm sorry I reacted chippily to when i was asked why I did, as i tend to be a be defensive on here as I can see how aggressive it can be so tend to take any challenge as an attack, to a certain extent.

Anyway, as you were

Apols if posted already
Antisemitism and the Labour Party
FREE EBOOK: writers on the ‘Labour antisemitism’ controversy, with contributions from Norman G. Finkelstein, Jeremy Gilbert, Antony Lerman, David Rosenberg, Naomi Wayne, and Jewish Voice for Labour, as well as a selection of hitherto unpublished testimonies from Jewish members of the Labour Party.
Verso

The chapter titles look awful - there's one defending Chris Williamson as well. I'm sure there's some good stuff in there but stuff like "Labour conference of Nuremburg rally: assessing the evidence" or the former may well hide it. It doesn't look like there's much beyond the sort of defences (maybe bordering on denial in some cases) that you will have seen already. In fact much of this is old stuff from blogs or the like collected, so you may have actually read them before.

Of course, remember a section of verso are bang into the nuttier stuff...

I had a quick read of the Williamson one, "the most rigorous and penetrating analytical writings on the ‘Labour antisemitism’ affair" it most certainly is not.

So will this be headlines on the news tomorrow?
Of course not! Got to be careful about self-proclaimed community leaders, of course. He doesn't speak for 35,000 people. However, given the position of many of those 35,000 wrt Israel, it's not such a surprising thing for him to say.

You don't actually have to engage with it

( quick unrequested post script here )....after too much doorstep stuff, and far too much 'engaging' ( ie : nothingness ) with the never ending, at times mind boggling sh*tshow on soc media of late, was losing marbles on monday - mate in similar position just calmly declared he wasn't even looking at twitter etc post never ending Hancock journo stitch up, so joined him....and 24 hrs later feel like new man - yr response above sprung to mind, v simple / self evident stuff - props.

Apols if posted already
Antisemitism and the Labour Party
FREE EBOOK: writers on the ‘Labour antisemitism’ controversy, with contributions from Norman G. Finkelstein, Jeremy Gilbert, Antony Lerman, David Rosenberg, Naomi Wayne, and Jewish Voice for Labour, as well as a selection of hitherto unpublished testimonies from Jewish members of the Labour Party.
Verso
I'm sure it's worth every penny.

Alternatively for only £15:

Bad News for Labour

Some actual proper research.

Back
Top Bottom