Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

King ego Drake gets a tattoo that shows him 'ahead' of The Beatles

Still, their music is old and overplayed, so not so attractive to people seeking new sounds
Not sure how it can be 'overplayed' in an age of streaming, but you're still wrong. To young people, the Beatles can be 'new' music.
The poll found that the Beatles had remarkably broad, consistent appeal among every age, racial and political group. How do you account for that?

Murray:
No matter your musical taste, there is always a Beatles song you can slip into a streaming playlist and it won’t sound out of place. Blues, classical, metal, pop, funk, country rap, children’s tunes — you name it. Plus no musical act has had more cover versions of their songs than the Beatles. That’s a testament to how fresh and universal they are.
Beatlemania: What accounts for Fab Four's staying power?

And this is interesting too:

Today, Spotify helpfully shared an assortment of data pertaining to the Beatles and Spotify listeners. According to the premier music streaming service, 79 percent of listeners were born after the band broke up in 1970.
Spotify Data Reveals Favorite Beatles Songs for Different Age Groups

Overplayed as in all over popular culture. I don't ever need to hear a Beatles song again. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Fleetwod Mac seem to have outlasted the Reynolds Girls in popular memory, but fair play to them for giving it a crack.
Fleetwood Mac are massively popular now.

I guess you don't go to many acoustic jams or whatever, but you'll find a plentiful supply of musicians and singers under 30 who will all happily play along to multiple Beatles tunes. And the Mac too. The music of both bands still gives great joy to people of all ages.

But anyway. Jesus and fur coats.

Sure, I love Fleetwood Mac. I don't even mind the Beatles these days, I'm much more likely to listen to one of their songs than a Drake record truth be told. But I also think it's fine for pop stars to do what pop stars have done since pop stars existed, which is to dunk on the the stars of the past, whether in song, in comments to the press, on t-shirts or even in the medium of a tattoo. It's just what pop stars do.

Ah the expert on youth culture speaks again! Now what were you saying about young people not enjoying the Beatles?
I didn't say that. But it is relevant to mention other silly things that egotistical pop stars do to big up themselves

Sure, I love Fleetwood Mac. I don't even mind the Beatles these days, I'm much more likely to listen to one of their songs than a Drake record truth be told. But I also think it's fine for pop stars to do what pop stars have done since pop stars existed, which is to dunk on the the stars of the past, whether in song, in comments to the press, on t-shirts or even in the medium of a tattoo. It's just what pop stars do.
I prefer it when they dunk on present ones. I love a bit of current events beef.

For example:
6CFFF595-B877-4ACA-87C8-63CD4A5906EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom