Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kendrick Lamar v Drake: Ugly as rap beef

is this just addressed at them, or also at every other artist who doesn't mention those subjects? I played a gig last night and dont think anyone covered those topics during the night so I guess I'm guilty too.

No, just at this pair's current mutual publicity drive. But it can apply quite widely and has long been my main beef with artists of every stripe who have massive platforms they waste on self-aggrandisement.

It's a poor and lonely furrow to plough and I never expect sympathy or support. Unlike multimillion-selling pop stars whose every utterance is joyfully swallowed and amplified no matter how harmful or banal.

I actually think what's really worse to be immersed in a culture that sees aggression and oppression and the slow burning of the world as something to be addressed by careerist campaigners or political demagogues, while the rest of us look desperately the other way or sign online petitions that mean nothing outside their originating echo chamber.

Call it a character flaw, idk

Wow, I thought K Dot had Drizzy nuked with 'Not Like Us', but Drake has really clapped back with his latest!

and tbf the AI tupac on one of drake's first tracks in this did predict Kendrick's main angle on this... I guess it just comes down to who's telling truth

If Kendrick has reciepts for his accusations and he includes them in his next diss track, then he will have bodied Drake's whole career (and possibly his liberty).

If Kendrick has reciepts for his accusations and he includes them in his next diss track, then he will have bodied Drake's whole career (and possibly his liberty).
yes... it would beg the question why he reserved the information for a diss track/publicity campaign tho (presumably allowing drake to keep abusing), rather than getting a predator put away/exposed straight away.

and neither he nor his wife have addressed the wife beating allegations at all, whereas drake is directly saying "this is not true" about his accusations.

Last edited:
I've been following it on Knox Hills reaction channel, cos he breaks it all down pretty well for a grandma like me ;)

But as I'm still stuck down the Ren rabbit hole, I'll take advantage of this thread do post up Rens reply diss to King Dotta - if you want to see an intelligent, political diss- not by a millionaire watch to the end.

This is gross. If this gets reshared enough in light of this beef, Drake is taking the L.

CW predatory behaviour.

Listened to a few of the tracks.

I'm gonna say I enjoy Kendrik more performance wise from the tracks I have heard.

As for the allegations... they are a lot.

I've been following it on Knox Hills reaction channel, cos he breaks it all down pretty well for a grandma like me ;)

But as I'm still stuck down the Ren rabbit hole, I'll take advantage of this thread do post up Rens reply diss to King Dotta - if you want to see an intelligent, political diss- not by a millionaire watch to the end.

Ren is fucking brilliant.

Humm I don't know much about these guys but the Drake fellas songs are really boring. Kendrick seems to have some more interesting ideas that I don't mind listening to, plus he has the same shoe size as me. Drake making that a 'diss' doesn't warm him to me.

Who is winning?

This is gross. If this gets reshared enough in light of this beef, Drake is taking the L.

CW predatory behaviour.

This is old news, along with the Drake paedo rumours. I remember the Milly Bobby Brown thing, and it sounded weird as fuck. I'm sure there was another, too, but can't remember the details.

No, just at this pair's current mutual publicity drive. But it can apply quite widely and has long been my main beef with artists of every stripe who have massive platforms they waste on self-aggrandisement.

It's a poor and lonely furrow to plough and I never expect sympathy or support. Unlike multimillion-selling pop stars whose every utterance is joyfully swallowed and amplified no matter how harmful or banal.
The money buys their silence. DJ Khaled is a prime example of this.

Last edited:
The money buys their silence. DJ Khalid is a prime example of this.

I'm not familiar with that artist, but I am aware of the silencing power of money. Or more specifically the censoring power of knowing that if you use a platform to make controversial pronouncements, you'll lose the platform (and any income it attracts).

Ok, so I don't know if anyone's been following this one but holy hell Kendrick hated Drake something terrifying.

It started with a Kendrick verse about Drake and J.Cole, J.Cole did not want the fight and withdrew a response and apologised to Kendrick.

Drake took the bait and since then, well, it's not pretty.

Drake releases push ups and basically clowns about Kendrick being short etc.

This is what people miss - cos Drake has been shit for years.

And to think, they could be going on about Gaza, or Ukraine, or climate change, or the gradual eroding of human rights worldwide, or strip mining, or vast ocean trash islands, or the poisoning of water tables, of mass extinctions, or condemning violence on the streets and calling out actual criminals, or

or they could just be whining about each other's massive egos like a great big ugly sixty-niner of mutual profit and free publicity.

Great stuff.
Tbf there are plenty of musicians whose takes on Gaza I would rather not hear. Do we really need more ignorant, ill-informed opinions out there?

I'm not familiar with that artist, but I am aware of the silencing power of money. Or more specifically the censoring power of knowing that if you use a platform to make controversial pronouncements, you'll lose the platform (and any income it attracts).
I think autocorrect got me.

Ren is fucking brilliant.

I know right! I've been listening to him and his other bands and other people he's collaborated with on repeat for a very long time now. I thought it would be a phase, but I honestly can't listen to anything else still. I'm used to driving this adhd brain of mine, but I honestly don't think I've experienced anything quite like this before! :hmm: ✨

Tbf there are plenty of musicians whose takes on Gaza I would rather not hear. Do we really need more ignorant, ill-informed opinions out there?

I enjoy well-crafted political/conscious rap, but I find it strange that some people seem to apply ideological litmus tests to music. I'd rather play music that's technically accomplished and sounds good than mediocre songs whose lyrics I agree with any day.

Am I wrong to assume this is just a load of made up marketing bullshit for people who are too young to remember Biggie v Tupac? I dunno it all just seems a bit contrived but I've better things to do than listen to a load of diss tracks by two artists I don't even particularly like.

Back
Top Bottom