Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

The retards are the ones burning and looting their own community. What does this do for Tottenham? How does this improve anything?

You know I suspect the mob didn't set up a meeting and rationalise the whole thing. It is the result of years and years of frustration and discontent. Fuck all changed here during the 'boom' years, so you can imagine how young people feel now they're effectivley told they've got no future.

That retail park if it's not protected is going to get fucking savaged. Currys, Dixons, Argus, and loads of ways to duck out and away
It is *always* being looted. The JD has been done over by steaming gangs several times. I often find flat screen tellies, with the price still on, in the bushes on the marsh.
The retail park is smack bang next to one of the most poverty stricken estates in Tottenham.

You know I suspect the mob didn't set up a meeting and rationalise the whole thing. It is the result of years and years of frustration and discontent. Fuck all changed here during the 'boom' years, so you can imagine how young people feel now they're effectivley told they've got no future.

Well some bright sparks from this 'community' did decided to organise a protest with rather unrealistic demands at 5pm on a Saturday evening... Whilst they might not have known in advance that it would cause something on this scale it was still a pretty dumb thing to do. Unlike other police incidents it doesn't exactly sound like this local character was entirely innocent, gun recovered from scene, bullet in police radio... probably better to wait for an investigation before turning up with half the estate in order to demand 'justice' etc...

Well some bright sparks from this 'community' did decided to organise a protest with rather unrealistic demands at 5pm on a Saturday evening... Whilst they might not have known in advance that it would cause something on this scale it was still a pretty dumb thing to do. Unlike other police incidents it doesn't exactly sound like this local character was entirely innocent, gun recovered from scene, bullet in police radio... probably better to wait for an investigation before turning up with half the estate in order to demand 'justice' etc...

no offence, but its very likely the protest and the riot were two entirely different things

There were less than 100 people on the protest. By all accounts, it was then sparked by another incident.

"A friend of Mr Duggan, who gave her name as Niki, 53, said marchers had wanted "justice for the family" and "something had to be done".
She said some of them lay in the road to make their point. "They're making their presence known because people are not happy," she added.
"This guy was not violent. Yes, he was involved in things but he was not an aggressive person. He had never hurt anyone."

He was carrying a fucking hand gun. :rolleyes:

excuse for large scale looting , ones doing it , few would be local..... at a bet .... police should have water canon and rubber bullets issued

Funny mix of posh and estates I'd imagine.

Trident huh. Seems a bit funny arresting someone in a cab.

/idle speculation.
virtually no 'posh' whatsover from the Farm down to the High Road, and up to the ground - the whole area is one of the most unreconstructed/ungentrified in North London, + mass of small side roads / alleys etc leading into / off estates, mainly low rise.

the closest to posh I know is the Antwerp Arms area up Nothumberland park, which is still standing I think.

Red Pepper article says that BBC reported an eye witness saying that it kicked off following the police batoning a 16yr old girl at the protest outside the police station because she was questioning them...

just what the 'community' needs, some half assed cyber dweeb telling them what they should have done after the event....laughable.

Red Pepper article says that BBC reported an eye witness saying that it kicked off following the police batoning a 16yr old girl at the protest outside the police station because she was questioning them...

I have no idea of whether that is true or not, but would point out that - at least up to the point where the cars got torched - there werent any public order equipped officers outside the police station, it was just a single line of officers in hi-viz jackets strung across the road. After the cars got torched, and a few bottles got thrown at the line, then the kitted-up people (who were seemingly so few in number that they were probably officers from the original line who had been told to run inside the nick and get changed) emerged.

TBH (and based on my own very limited sight of what went on) it was the two cars being burnt that kicked this off (and people responding to that after seeing pictures via the media), not any batoning.

I have no idea of whether that is true or not, but would point out that - at least up to the point where the cars got torched - there werent any public order equipped officers outside the police station, it was just a single line of officers in hi-viz jackets strung across the road. After the cars got torched, and a few bottles got thrown at the line, then the kitted-up people (who were seemingly so few in number that they were probably officers from the original line who had been told to run inside the nick and get changed) emerged.

TBH (and based on my own very limited sight of what went on) it was the two cars being burnt that kicked this off (and people responding to that after seeing pictures via the media), not any batoning.

I also have no idea, and not being there am not really wanting to comment. I take it you were around then? someone on twitter (and I can't remember who now, but someone I know and would generally trust - I'd have to look back through my timeline last night to find out) said TSG were around before the cars were set ablaze..

just what the 'community' needs, some half assed cyber dweeb telling them what they should have done after the event....laughable.

Nah you're right. They were totally right to form a mob outside the cop shop with generic unrealistic demands after an local man who apparently wasn't at all violent was killed in an exchange of fire with the police.

They seem like really intelligent, well behaved people and I can't think why their 'community' is still a complete shit hole. I'm sure all the local business owners and other ordinary folk who live in the area are very thankful to this particular 'community' for all they've done last night.

I also have no idea, and not being there am not really wanting to comment. I take it you were around then? someone on twitter (and I can't remember who now, but someone I know and would generally trust - I'd have to look back through my timeline last night to find out) said TSG were around before the cars were set ablaze..

I wasnt there, but saw some of what was going on around that time via the CCTV from the high road. There were definately no kitted up TSG, at least not on the road in the line of hi-viz officers.

well I've had a look back and the tweets from from @Daniel_carr who I don't know but apparently watching from his window..:

#tottenham #tottenhamriots 3 riot trucks arrived 7:45pm going wrong way up 1way st. Shortly after, police cars were on fire

@BBC_HaveYourSay I have been watching since beginning. Police arrived 7.45pm shortly BEFORE fires

#tottenham I cannot emphasise enough that TSG arrived BEFORE police cars set on fire

I'm *not* standing by these as factual truth btw, I can't verify anything at all.. e2a in my memory I thought it was Dan Hancox who tweeted these things

Back
Top Bottom