Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

Nah you're right. They were totally right to form a mob outside the cop shop with generic unrealistic demands after an local man who apparently wasn't at all violent was killed in an exchange of fire with the police.

They seem like really intelligent, well behaved people and I can't think why their 'community' is still a complete shit hole. I'm sure all the local business owners and other ordinary folk who live in the area are very thankful to this particular 'community' for all they've done last night.

idiot

well I've had a look back and the tweets from from @Daniel_carr who I don't know but apparently watching from his window..:

#tottenham #tottenhamriots 3 riot trucks arrived 7:45pm going wrong way up 1way st. Shortly after, police cars were on fire

@BBC_HaveYourSay I have been watching since beginning. Police arrived 7.45pm shortly BEFORE fires

#tottenham I cannot emphasise enough that TSG arrived BEFORE police cars set on fire

I'm *not* standing by these as factual truth btw, I can't verify anything at all.. e2a in my memory I thought it was Dan Hancox who tweeted these things
That's the lad who was saying there were fires at bruce grove station at the same time as the bus went up - i don't know if there were, but that would be a test of his reliability i'd guess.

well I've had a look back and the tweets from from @Daniel_carr who I don't know but apparently watching from his window..:

#tottenham #tottenhamriots 3 riot trucks arrived 7:45pm going wrong way up 1way st. Shortly after, police cars were on fire

@BBC_HaveYourSay I have been watching since beginning. Police arrived 7.45pm shortly BEFORE fires

#tottenham I cannot emphasise enough that TSG arrived BEFORE police cars set on fire

I'm *not* standing by these as factual truth btw, I can't verify anything at all.. e2a in my memory I thought it was Dan Hancox who tweeted these things

They do sound reasonable, though of course it does tend to suggest that the TSG were not there, or at least not there in strength, when the batoning took place (if indeed it actually took place).

They do sound reasonable, though of course it does tend to suggest that the TSG were not there, or at least not there in strength, when the batoning took place (if indeed it actually took place).

yep (and also with Butcher's post - does it fit?).. it also says that something happened before the police cars were set ablaze that got TSG/riot vans down there

e2a: which isn't surprising, I doubt that torching cars is ever going to be the very first incident in a riot situation..

Obvs the police were there before the fires, how else would they set fire to their cars?

So is it only TSG who carry batons?

No, but it is usually the TSG who charge into crowds and baton people (which is what the chap alleges):

The line that was outside the police station was not one that would be capable of doing anything like that, they would have got battered.

The Rule of the Mob in Tottenham: Sorab Shroff:
Tottenham is one of the most deprived boroughs in the country. I live streets away from where eight-year-old Victoria Climbié died because of her abusive guardians. A few years ago, Ikea opened up at the edge of Tottenham, with a deep discount on the first day. It became a scene of a stabbing over sofas. A few years ago, my partner and I were beaten up, yards from my home by several thirteen year old boys and girls.
No doubt, once more, some commentators will come out blaming "deprivation and poverty" for these riots. I reject this view completely. I grew up in India, where there is real, abject poverty - families without homes, food, shoes. Anger about a fatal police shooting does not necessitate burning buses and looting shops. This view is also unfair to the many, many families in Tottenham and elsewhere, who live on a tiny income and never once think about going out and ruining our public streets.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sorab-shroff/the-rule-of-the-mob-in-to_b_920369.html

The BBC statements being shouted down by one bloke in the background talking about getting justice!

Nick Cohen has a piece in the Observer comment section today called 'No riots here. Just quiet, ever-deeper misery'. Genius timing.

Nah you're right. They were totally right to form a mob outside the cop shop with generic unrealistic demands after an local man who apparently wasn't at all violent was killed in an exchange of fire with the police.

They seem like really intelligent, well behaved people and I can't think why their 'community' is still a complete shit hole. I'm sure all the local business owners and other ordinary folk who live in the area are very thankful to this particular 'community' for all they've done last night.
you utter clot.

as the facts of the arrest aren't known care to share where you happened upon the exchange of fire with the police from son...

as far as anyone round heres mentioned they dragged him out of the car and executed him whilst he was pinned down this is according to the 20 or so witnesses of the arrest who have so far come forward...

Which doesn't at any point suggest an exchange of gun fire unless they exchange was their bullets his life which is rather an unfair one, although one I'd glad see made for yours...

Why don't you shut the fuck up as you're clear uneducated and an irrelevant commentator....

Tottenham is one of my favourite places in London. I hate to see it wrecked. The looting and fires make me so angry.

you utter clot.

as the facts of the arrest aren't known care to share where you happened upon the exchange of fire with the police from son...

as far as anyone round heres mentioned they dragged him out of the car and executed him whilst he was pinned down this is according to the 20 or so witnesses of the arrest who have so far come forward...

Which doesn't at any point suggest an exchange of gun fire unless they exchange was their bullets his life which is rather an unfair one, although one I'd glad see made for yours...

Why don't you shut the fuck up as you're clear uneducated and an irrelevant commentator....

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Facts have been released though - Bullet lodged in police radio, office taken to hospital, gun recovered from scene. It doesn't take much logical deduction to figure out that his gun was fired at a police officer *before* he was shot in the head twice.

Whilst there does seem to be previous form for something like this - Brazialian on the underground post 7/7 etc... it would seem to be rather rare.
Unless the officer who was shot picked this guys gun up afterwards and accidentally shot himself with it then the idea that he was somehow executed in cold blood seems rather far fetched. Then again you're relying on rumours...

Facts have been released though - Bullet lodged in police radio, office taken to hospital, gun recovered from scene. It doesn't take much logical deduction to figure out that his gun was fired at a police officer *before* he was shot in the head twice.

Whilst there does seem to be previous form for something like this - Brazialian on the underground post 7/7 etc... it would seem to be rather rare.
Unless the officer who was shot picked this guys gun up afterwards and accidentally shot himself with it then the idea that he was somehow executed in cold blood seems rather far fetched. Then again you're relying on rumours...

we don't know what happened yet - you're also relying on conjecture

Some of those small "local" retailers wont have full insurance , those living above the shops too ....Even if they weren't touched , there is going to be a drop off in trade ...go even further down hill ....

a mix of cliches and the "well, it wasnt anything to do with us, blame the tories" usual labour bollocks, last seen during the tuition fees disorder. I especially like this quote however:

New Labour had 13 years in which to address the multiple problems of areas that consistently return Labour MPs. Despite some useful initiatives, its essential commitment to neoliberalism meant that it was unable to do so effectively.

Isnt this true of all safe Labour seats? Do they actually want to improve the lot of those who repeatedly vote for them?

Back
Top Bottom