Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

4 cop cars just barrelled past all blues and 2s.

Last night there was a 20 shot gun battle across stamford hill.

There are still loads of people that are funny about Brixton. I know work colleagues who thinks it's novel to have past through here accidentally on a night out.
This, it's not as bad as it was, but there are still people who think I must live a life of extreme danger and take my life in my hands every time I leave the house.

Yeah well y'know... at the end of the day it's only Tottenham.

They're only young. I'm sure when they see their pictures plastered everywhere, they'll think about getting themselves filmed/photographed in future. Maybe they unaware the internet exists

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/07/tottenham-riots-eight-police-injured

In-Tottenham-firefighters-008.jpg

In Tottenham, firefighters survey the burnt out shell of a carpet showroom after rioting
and looting erupted overnight. Photograph: Leon Neal/AFP/Getty Images

In fairness if you're in Sky News or BBC on Saturday Night kicking around for a lazy Saturday the last thing you'd expect to to be bollocks deep in massive riot.

They're probably in the middle of the shit, with one inexperienced producer, not with the usual full team they'd have prepared for the likes of the G8. They're shitting themselves probably

http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewts

Definitely. Scary place for a Newsdesk to be, fast moving violence, needing coverage but mindful of your colleagues safety.

I saw plenty of white people masked up and looting on the news.

And I saw significantly more black and Asian people doing the looting/rioting.

This is what happens when instead of giving the man a fishing rod you give him fish and then you stop giving them fish. These are simple people who have lost the ability to function like humans, they have de-evolved into dumb, purposeless cattle and a few predatory wolves. But we are a rich society and the easiest course of action is to lob these creatures some food and shiny things to keep them out of our sight and we must recognise that they will get uppity when you forget to feed them. They are solely dependent like babies.

This is what happens when instead of giving the man a fishing rod you give him fish and then you stop giving them fish. These are simple people who have lost the ability to function like humans, they have de-evolved into dumb, purposeless cattle and a few predatory wolves. But we are a rich society and the easiest course of action is to lob these creatures some food and shiny things to keep them out of our sight and we must recognise that they will get uppity when you forget to feed them. They are solely dependent like babies.

BOLLOCKS. BOLLOCKS. BOLLOCKS.

Eh?

have another think about it when you've calmed down. you're reacting emotionally, much like the rioters

I'm calm, just facepalming at all the dickheads who queue up trying to defend the young thugs who don't give a fuck about doing this over police brutality. There is NO political motivation for mindless opportunist looting of your local community. It's this shitty liberal apologetic crap that lets them get away with it and hide under the guise of real protest.

You look at the justice for Smiley campaign, far bigger numbers protesting in a totally peaceful way, showing how it should be done, and now inevitably their campaign will be undermined and be tainted by these fucking pricks in Tottenham. That's the real damage that has been done.

Met spokesman said the level of violence could be anticipated.

Well the local tottenham community predicted it on Thursday.

Let's see spurs play badly, booze, heat, poverty, 96% funding cut to the one police youth liason group, dead man under dubious circumstances

Nope can't see any indication that this might escalate

and where does that state that the police said they had found a gun with Harry Stanley? Please note the difference between that they thought he had a gun (which they did state) and that a gun was recovered from the scene (which is what they have stated with Duggan).

oh I see, misunderstood what you were getting at. Regardless, I haven't seen any news article saying that the man who was shot was the one in possession of the illegal firearm or indeed that he had shot at the police (he was in a minicab, by himself or with other passengers?)

I'm calm, just facepalming at all the dickheads who queue up trying to defend the young thugs who don't give a fuck about doing this over police brutality. There is NO political motivation for mindless opportunist looting of your local community. It's this shitty liberal apologetic crap that lets them get away with it and hide under the guise of real protest.

You look at the justice for Smiley campaign, far bigger numbers protesting in a totally peaceful way, showing how it should be done, and now inevitably their campaign will be undermined and be tainted by these fucking pricks in Tottenham. That's the real damage that has been done.
people don't riot for no reason. have a think about why they might be doing this instead of instantly judging them

Met spokesman said the level of violence could be anticipated.

Well the local tottenham community predicted it on Thursday.

Let's see spurs play badly, booze, heat, poverty, 96% funding cut to the one police youth liason group, dead man under dubious circumstances

Nope can't see any indication that this might escalate

More liberal apologism...

Your way of looking at the world is appalling, incorrect and stupid, even in the face of my sneery disregard for Tottenham. The riot was not about the withdrawal of government funding of any sort (would that it were).

Bollocks to them and their crappy football team but also bollocks to you sir.

there's only a couple of comments really

There were more last night, and if last night's posts were anything to go by, all you need is for it to be repeated and repeated

There were still people claiming there was riots going on in Brixton an hour after people had posted that nothing was happening in Brixton

Back
Top Bottom