Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

So, they'll soon all be living in areas with burned out buildings, fewer shops and other facilities, with harsher policing and less for people to do. Win! Losers......

Giles..

hmmm - things brewing round my area now it seems... Kids moving from Lewisham towards Catford...

Here's a tip - don't tell them your views on the shooting :D

Do you understand why people were getting frustrated by your comments by the way? We've seen the lies and disinformation on people murdered by the police again and again. We know they lie - it's what they do best. And when someone claims their statements are "fact" and takes them at face value, suggesting those who suspect otherwise are in the wrong, it rubs people up the wrong way. The default position on things like this is to not believe a word the police say. I think you were just being a bit naive though so apologies for calling you a cunt.

'18.46 Reports of a man on a bus in Hackney which was attacked with sticks and bottles, suffered an epileptic fit. Attended to by riot officers.'

anyone want to 'understand' 'contextualise' this?

Dylans...
Garek?

Here's a tip - don't tell them your views on the shooting :D

Do you understand why people were getting frustrated by your comments by the way? We've seen the lies and disinformation on people murdered by the police again and again. We know they lie - it's what they do best. And when someone claims their statements are "fact" and takes them at face value, suggesting those who suspect otherwise are in the wrong, it rubs people up the wrong way. The default position on things like this is to not believe a word the police say. I think you were just being a bit naive though so apologies for calling you a cunt.

No worries :) (and yes I can understand if people have had experiences of police press release in the past etc..)- I was just sharing my opinion at the time given the apparent 'facts' - I think it is incredibly dodgy re: the way these 'facts' were released by the police/IPCC and have perhaps now become a bit more skeptical of the Police and their press releases as a result. I'm still quite shocked by the police bullet in radio thing it really doesn't make that incident sound good at all.

'rIf you're down for making money, we're about to go hard in east london tonight, yes tonight!! I don't care what ends you're from, we're personally inviting you to come and get it in. Police have taken the piss for too long and to be honest I don't know why its taken so long for us make this happen. We need a minimum of 200 hungry people. We're not broke, but who says no to free stuff. Doesn't matter if the police arrive cos we'll just chase dem out because as you've seen on the news, they are NOT ON DIS TING. Finders keepers and we all look after each other so if you see someone getting grab by feds then make sure we help stamp out that fuking PIG. M.O.B money over bobbies =D broadcast this to everyone you know and let's get paid!! RE SEND. LONDON MESSAGE'

maybe a clearer rationale coming in from the 'horses mouth' as it were...

'Yeah, but how do you know they're all black? '

I don't, but because the last time there was major unrest, people who became significant figures emerged, they were black, maybe if this becomes more political, kurdish, turkish, etc, similar figures will emerge, at present there just isn't that level of engagement and its mostly criminality.

How do you know there's not that level of engagement? How do you know it's "mostly criminality"? I mean it might be, but neither you nor I know that. Don't let that stop you making baseless assertions though, if you did you'd never post anything.

They just said on bbc london news the organisers of Notting hill carnival will be meeting police in the next few days to discuss if it can go ahead.

If it is cancelled I will be rioting! :mad::mad:

There you go again! I'm projecting but when Streathamite says "That is PART of the truth - but only part. Yes a lot of the rioters are simply mindless hooligans" he's telling the truth?

I can understand why you constantly introduce what other posters have said, it distracts from your own inanity, but I have little interest in what he's said, let alone whether he's telling the truth or not. I'm interested in what you are saying, and your reasons for doing so.

So be a man, answer my question instead of stropping like an attention-seeking child.

You only have to look at the live footage from the BBC helicopter over Hackney to see what is happening. Ordinary people are being attacked, cars buses and shops are just being destroyed and for what? Nothing that you can say about the disaffection of these idiots justifys these acts of wanton destruction.

I'm not aware that anyone at all on the entire thread has contended that disaffection justifies their actions. In fact as I recall most people have stated that the most disaffection does is partially explains their actions.

I don't think the police get it right all of the time, the Ian Tomlinson episode was a complete disgrace and there is no doubt that some officers are to heavy handed on some occasions, but surely you must agree that these lawless acts cannot be allowed to continue? Whatever issues these youths think they have does not give them carte-blanch to destroy this city!

No-one has said it does, you nudnik.

'rIf you're down for making money, we're about to go hard in east london tonight, yes tonight!! I don't care what ends you're from, we're personally inviting you to come and get it in. Police have taken the piss for too long and to be honest I don't know why its taken so long for us make this happen. We need a minimum of 200 hungry people. We're not broke, but who says no to free stuff. Doesn't matter if the police arrive cos we'll just chase dem out because as you've seen on the news, they are NOT ON DIS TING. Finders keepers and we all look after each other so if you see someone getting grab by feds then make sure we help stamp out that fuking PIG. M.O.B money over bobbies =D broadcast this to everyone you know and let's get paid!! RE SEND. LONDON MESSAGE'

So its opportunistic crime, at least its honest and not trying to hide behind any greater idea.

'So its opportunistic crime, at least its honest and not trying to hide behind any greater idea.'

what a strange comment...

@nino

ah, the witch hunters are mobilising....

Hardly. I just heard a woman who had been burned out of her flat talk about a "young white man with blond hair" carrying a carpet and laughing. She described similar 'white' youths. Get your facts straight before leaping in with your usual ethnically skewed bollocks.

'18.46 Reports of a manon a bus in Hackney which was attacked with sticks and bottles, suffered an epileptic fit. Attended to by riot officers.'

Dylans...
Garek?

Why are you acting like an ignorant twat?

'So its opportunistic crime, at least its honest and not trying to hide behind any greater idea.'

what a strange comment...

I just thought it was good to see a representation of what the mindset is, its not politically motivated.

Let me get this straight, you're cherry-picking this post and attempting to imply that it represents the broad opinions of "the youth", are you?

Have a fucking word with yourself. You're sounding more and more like a whiny Mail-reader with each passing day.

Give it a fucking rest.

'18.46 Reports of a manon a bus in Hackney which was attacked with sticks and bottles, suffered an epileptic fit. Attended to by riot officers.'

Dylans...
Garek?
source please.

not heard anything of the sort...

Back
Top Bottom