Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

You are putting words in my mouth. i never said they are abusing the nhs merely because they need treatment.

regardless of how someone is presented at a&e/cancer ward/wherever, they will get the best treatment they need. i don't think it's wrong for me to make a judgement on how they got there as long as it doesn't affect how they are treated. i may giggle at child who got his head stuck in railings and i may dispair at the teenage who has been shot but how i treat them will not change.

when i talk of people abusing the nhs, i'm talking about people who miss appointments consistently, who steal equipment, who steal from other patients, who lie to get blue badges, who beat up our staff etc. you can require treatment AND abuse the nhs.

When did the NHS start to issue blue badges, billie?

If they require treatment, how are they abusing the nhs, please?
Have you ever been in A+E? I've worked in one. People are abusive all the fucking time. Nurses and doctors get verbal abuse, racism, punched, kicked and spat at. Regularly. If that's not abusing the NHS I don't know what is. People need to back off Billie Piper. Anyone commenting in this thread who hasn't worked in A+E on a weekend needs to shut the fuck up

Just to get this straight, you are talking about people needing medical attention for injuries incurred while fighting perhaps, while drunk, or whatever. In other words, you're passing moral judgement on them for the way they have incurred their injuries and accusing them of abusing the nhs because they need treatment?

What's wrong with that?

If you had to treat pissheads and yobs every day and all the thanks you got was getting puked on or punched, you'd develop similar views.

So long as it doesn't affect the way she treats them, she's entitled to those views. I'd probably share them.

I don't think I know anyone who's been through casualty that would disagree with her.

Have you ever been in A+E? I've worked in one. People are abusive all the fucking time. Nurses and doctors get verbal abuse, racism, punched, kicked and spat at. Regularly. If that's not abusing the NHS I don't know what is. People need to back off Billie Piper. Anyone commenting in this thread who hasn't worked in A+E on a weekend needs to shut the fuck up

Fuck off.

Not to get involved in this spat, but it is sadly quite common for people to both require treatment and to abuse the nhs (specifically, the staff) whilst they are being treated.
Yes, very true - abusing the nhs staff while receiving treatment certainly happens, from drunk people mostly, many of whom will have jobs and not be involved in this rioting at all. That's not 'abusing the nhs', though, is it.

So if there's any lying involved, it's the doctor doing it. Or are you saying that doctors are mugs, taken in by whatever cock and bull the patient tells them about their gammy leg? How many of these dodgy blue badge holders are there then, in your estimation ( a percentage figure will do).

how about you volunteer at a youth club in tottenham to see how full of shit you are?

oh no, you cant. Because they've shut them all.
yep - the budget for youth services has been cut by 75% due to the condems (this once, it's not LB Haringey's fault, useless bastards though they are, and the councillors really hated having to do this) - and they wonder why the youth have taken to the streets.
I could weep.

no, you are right. i've also had an opinion on where some of these people live. if you think that is promoting a cause, i say again you are mental.

Anyway, can we have this incontrovertible evidence of reverse evolution or whatever the fuck it was now please?

So if there's any lying involved, it's the doctor doing it. Or are you saying that doctors are mugs, taken in by whatever cock and bull the patient tells them about their gammy leg? How many of these dodgy blue badge holders are there then, in your estimation ( a percentage figure will do).

it's not that widespread. my guess would be less than 5% of holders, maybe even lower.

will give you an example; a cancer patient who applied knowing he would die within weeks but his son and wife could carry on using it for the year.

with the reports of it kicking off all over the place. Could this be a case of divide and conquor? Split the police up into as many groups as possible, hoping to make them unable to control any unrest?

will give you an example; a cancer patient who applied knowing he would die within weeks but his son and wife could carry on using it for the year.

And you get angry over that? The family of a deceased cancer victim using his badge for a few months after he's dead? You're a pathetic, empty vessel with no humanity whatsoever.

Heliopter right above the town hall, another over the park. Large group of kids just ran past at full pelt followed by a police car. Might have to head out and have a look.

Ladbrokes getting a doing at the moment.

it's not that widespread. my guess would be less than 5% of holders, maybe even lower.

well, that isn't '[lying] to get a blue badge' which is what you claimed before. One might almost suspect you are making it up as you go along

Back
Top Bottom