Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

Some bollocks about the cop ammo store getting looted?
not sure where the arsenal for n.e. london is, but the one for north london is kentish town - and i haven't heard anything about that getting smashed into. plus co19 are based in leman street, down aldgate, and it would be something of a surprise if their arsenal was broken into.

Doesn't matter if it's a replica or real, Bishta, anyone carrying something that looks like a handgun, with the intention to threaten or frighten other people, should have no complaints if the OB shoot them.
Let's see what happened. How the story evolves. What are the changes already?

btw: el Pais has this as racial, interested to hear any other foreign language coverage
Liberation is reporting it happening 'after a demonstration demanding justice for a 29 year-old man, Mark Duggan, who was killed on Thursday after an exchange of gunfire with police.' Doesn't say anything about it being racially-inspired. Will have a look at Le Monde etc when I get a chance.

ETA
Le Monde says residents are blaming local tensions and unemployment and say there's increasing anger about police stopping and searching young black men.

Liberation is reporting it happening 'after a demonstration demanding justice for a 29 year-old man, Mark Duggan, who was killed on Thursday after an exchange of gunfire with police.' Doesn't say anything about it being racially-inspired. Will have a look at Le Monde etc when I get a chance.
Cheers Sue

Doesn't matter if it's a replica or real, Bishta, anyone carrying something that looks like a handgun, with the intention to threaten or frighten other people, should have no complaints if the OB shoot them.
Some replica weapons earlier....

eLetter_nicelegs_lg.jpg

not sure where the arsenal for n.e. london is, but the one for north london is kentish town - and i haven't heard anything about that getting smashed into. plus co19 are based in leman street, down aldgate, and it would be something of a surprise if their arsenal was broken into.

Then that only leaves one explanation to answer dots' question - another pig cover up. Planting a police round in a radio? How low can they go?

Let's see what happened. How the story evolves. What are the changes already?

I'm not sure. There's so much bollocks flying around you can't tell what to believe.

Is it certain now that the bullet in the radio was a cop one, or is that third hand reporting too?

A woman on the news this morning said "it was rumoured" to be from a police weapon.

based on nothing other than wild speculation based on my opinion of the met I recon he shot his own radio after the fact to cover a fuckup.
I reckon it was a deflected bullet, cop goes to shoot the guy, and it bounces back off of something in the taxi. Butthis is pure speculation, as we don'#t have any facts about the incident, and we're not likely to get any, either.

I'm not sure. There's so much bollocks flying around you can't tell what to believe.

Is it certain now that the bullet in the radio was a cop one, or is that third hand reporting too?

A woman on the news this morning said "it was rumoured" to be from a police weapon.

Someone leaked to the guardian that it was. That doesn't mean that it is. The total lack of police denial makes people think that it's true.

Not in the slightest. If the assumption that nice areas are nice because the people that live there make it so then surely it has to logically follow that bad areas are bad because the people that live there make it so, and either way, people have the power to turn round their areas if they put their mind to it.

As I said, mentally deficient. You actually think he was serious about nice areas being nice because of nice people doing nice things, don't you? ffs

Guardian is saying the "gun in the sock" info is from a "community organiser"

The latest developments come as one community organiser suggested the handgun recovered was found in a sock and therefore not ready for use. It is likely to fuel anger on the streets of Tottenham and elsewhere in London if it provides evidence that officers were not under attack at the time they opened fire on Duggan.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/07/police-attack-london-burns

Back
Top Bottom