Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

Gosh, you've not made a single sweeping assumption based on dick-all except your own social prejudices there, have you?

Are you saying then, that living on a run down council estate, being brought up by dysfunctional parents and having failed educationally are not reasons for the disaffection and alienation that some of the youths taking part in the rioting have behaved as they have? It would seem that many people excusing this behaviour see that these reasons are responsible?

'I don’t know what this evening (MONDAY) will hold, I hope that it is all over, I hope that we do not see anymore injured officers, no more wounded members of the public, no more lives destroyed by the idiocy of people who cannot control their own greed. Because that’s what happened in Enfield, Brixton and other areas last night, greed, they saw people looting the Tottenham Hale retail park and they wanted some of that, they robbed, assaulted and stole. My only message to them is this. We will find you, we will bring you to justice, when you are sat in your homes watching your brand new 42″ flat screen TV fear every single knock at your door, we are coming.'

Sounds more like Agri than say Pickmans Model's stereotypes, but it is only a blog..

He's spent all day trying to get bbms saying how /when/where things would happen and he's just posted one. He will now be seen as a grass so the ground level shit he's supposed to do - it isn't going to happen ever again.

that was one of yesterday's bbm messages, and there were a lot more that he could have published.

367752842.jpg

scene outside town hall in hackney just now apparently..:hmm:

'Last night, looters not only broke into the store and stole company stock, but also broke into staff lockers and stole their possessions. How can these actions be remotely justified?'

looting from staff went on as well, all hail the new proletariat!

'Last night, looters not only broke into the store and stole company stock, but also broke into staff lockers and stole their possessions. How can these actions be remotely justified?'

TL, calm down and stop this.

Just reposted from Twitter

Tottenham's homeless families - how to help. Take clothing, bedding, toys and other suitable items to Apex house, 820 Seven Sisters Road N15

a lot of boroughs place people in temp accomodation in Tottenham (basically because it it a lot cheaper than other inner London boroughs - I suspect those people may well be beating a path to the HPUs of Islington/Camden/Westminster demanding to be moved.

He's spent all day trying to get bbms saying how /when/where things would happen and he's just posted one. He will now be seen as a grass so the ground level shit he's supposed to do - it isn't going to happen ever again.

Seeing as he has previously broken assurances to sources (re the spotter cards) your prognosis seems inaccurate.

Sounds like the poor sods are being housed in the leisure centre at the moment. Shit it sounds so bad down there, so depressed after the call from my neighbour. They are so scared after the attack last night.

Poor housing conditions don't make or break an area, it's community or lack of it that does that, and thankfully we slum-dwelling povs tend to have a reasonably good sense of community still.
''A reasonably good sense of community'' you say, rioting, looting and burning properties to the ground :eek:.

The left! Muslim fundamentalists! Looters!

Equally, please tell me the research you have done that shows they are employed and not soley reliant on benefits?

I am taking a wild stab in the dark based on my knowledge of the area and people in it from my work as a nurse in a North London hospital. I could be totally wrong and if I were to proved wrong I'd hold my hands up. But I don't think I am.

Also, at no point did I say people were poor because they were black so please do not put words in my mouth.

You're a nurse? You're a disgrace to the profession.

Back
Top Bottom