Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

Ahh, Catshit, there you are, you grubby knicker-sniffer!

Been wanking over looted school-wear this weekend?

wherever it is you dredge this perv shit from, you should really keep it to yourself, it's very grim , even by your squalid, delusionary standards

err..... wrong ...it destroys evidence ..CCTV... prints... DNA and stuff

Creates a problem/diversion for the police that ties down manpower

Sorry, old son, but fire doesn't always "destroy" fingerprints and DNA. It makes them fuck-loads harder to process, but in some cases (with fingerprints for example) the evidence can be "fixed" by fire, rather than destroyed by it.

Btw, all this copy cat rioting is so predictable< i remember during the early 80's Inner City, near Birkenhead, local peers of mine going into New Ferry to attempt one, the local shopkeepers had batons and baseball bats to prevent them (it didn't happen), the weird thing was , these youths had good jobs/apprenticeships in Cammell Lairds, Stanlow, etc, they also had absolutely no interest in politics.

It was too much testerone...

Ah yes, my lovely polite middle class neighbourhood... I live in Brixton.
In that case I can only assime you to be a white, bourgeois gentrifying incomer, becuase you have missed the point here by a staggeringly large amount.
And yes you DO have a social class, whether you like ot or not, and there is NO such thing as 'apolitical'.
Bloody liberals, I shit 'em

Btw, all this copy cat rioting is so predictable< i remember during the early 80's Inner City, near Birkenhead, local peers of mine going into New Ferry to attempt one, the local shopkeepers had batons and baseball bats to prevent them (it didn't happen), the weird thing was , these youths had good jobs/apprenticeships in Cammell Lairds, Stanlow, etc, they also had absolutely no interest in politics.

It was too much testerone...
How many people at work are happy to be there?

In that case I can only assime you to be a white, bourgeois gentrifying incomer, becuase you have missed the point here by a staggeringly large amount.
And yes you DO have a social class, whether you like ot or not, and there is NO such thing as 'apolitical'.
Bloody liberals, I shit 'em

I have a job therefore I must be working class.

I don't "do" class identification, I refuse to be shoehorned into a little socio-demographic tickbox. I am me, and that's all there is to it.

*shrug*
utter rubbish, you ARE a member of a social class full stop. Jesus, do you have ANY politics, and why are you even posting on a politics forum?:facepalm:

I guess by the mess left in the road by the neighbours and my ongoing damp problem at home I must live in a 'slum' then. I guess I'd better stop by Poundland on my way home tonight to get a scarf or something I can wear later when I go out chucking bricks through random shop windows.

Give us your address and I'll make sure that at least some of the bricks aren't chucked randomly.

I do wonder how you lot always manage to turn things into a political issue.

iyou only seek to de politicise these things because by doing so you can paint it in to nice easy chunks for your crap brain to chew on. Good/bad.

and your slip is showing, 'get me blad?' you prick

BA

'How many people at work are happy to be there? '

as someone who was unemployed during those years and had a terrible time compared to those with apprenticeships, in the context of this i find that comment quite crass, they were haveing a fucking great time believe me..

OMG, it sounds like a terrible area, a real rat hole, how awful.

What an ignorant thing to say.

Poor housing conditions don't make or break an area, it's community or lack of it that does that, and thankfully we slum-dwelling povs tend to have a reasonably good sense of community still.

BA

'How many people at work are happy to be there? '

as someone who was unemployed during those years and had a terrible time compared to those with apprenticeships, in the context of this i find that comment quite crass, they were haveing a fucking great time believe me..

As some one who was employed during that time (not that it's about that time) i can assure you that people wanting to have a pop at the OB is part of general alienation, not because you don't have a job. Your own post argues the same thing ffs.

utter rubbish, you ARE a member of a social class full stop. Jesus, do you have ANY politics, and why are you even posting on a politics forum?:facepalm:

Because it's also "current affairs and news" in case you hadn't noticed the actual forum title. I'd say the rioting was pretty current and newsworthy.

The other point, perhaps less contentious, about the IPCC in this sort of context is the 'taking too long' one.

Accounts that I've heard regarding the demo from which the riots kicked off suggest that a key concern of Duggan's family was finding out 'what happened' ...

No doubt there are all kinds of reasons, some of them legitimate, that the IPCC could give for not being terribly forthcoming in response to familiy questions.

One can though, given all the 'evil gangsta dies in gunfight with hero cops' stories last week and the Met's extensive form for using the gutter press to spread lies about people it kills, understand why an angry/grieving family might be suspicious that they weren't hearing anything because the Met's PR people and the IPCC (plus possibly a few journos from the Scum and/or Mail) were huddled somewhere figuring out how they were going to spin the shooting and smear Mark Duggan.

If the IPCC is to play any role in restoring public confidence it needs to step into that gap, communicating effectively with angry/grieving relatives early on and establish its credentials as a genuinely independent body that can be trusted to see justice done.

It has yet to do so.

Instead it leaves the field clear for the Met's PR weasels to brief their corruption-partners in the gutter press to print a pack of cynical lies about anyone the cops have killed and then wonders why people get angry ...

We are dealing with animals. There is no logic.

sniff sniff... ah hideous racist troll alert...

and you may be an animal but then we all are fuckwit you know being as we are mammals... :facepalm:

I mean really in your head does the phrase dealing with animals equate to some higher logic which the rest of us aren't privy too?

cos you might as well have said we're dealing with oxygen breathers for all the sense or insight it provides...

Just back from Tottenham High Street (pics here)
Terrible to see the destruction and the smell of burning is so powerful. Saw David Lammy condemn the rioters and be confronted by a guy who had a go at him for getting rid of the police. Lammy explained that he is labour who wasn't responsible for cutting the old bill

I guess by the mess left in the road by the neighbours and my ongoing damp problem at home I must live in a 'slum' then. I guess I'd better stop by Poundland on my way home tonight to get a scarf or something I can wear later when I go out chucking bricks through random shop windows.

Private rental? If so, then you have the ability to exercise a lot more control over the maintenance of your home than the average council tenant, and if you haven't done so, then you've frankly no-one to blame but yourself for your damp problem.

Back
Top Bottom