Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

did you support the six counties being part of the uk?
and what about the various anti-terror measures? have you never had problems travelling due to a suspect device?

They were showing aggression to regular people last night. People just passing by.

Hard to support that, politically, isn't it? Especially when your loved ones all work and live in the effected areas.

i heard a fat old white bloke telling racist jokes about the riots in a pub last night, and as usual i only thought of a witty rejoinder after leaving the pub

q: what's the best thing about fat old white men telling racist jokes?
a: they'll be dead soon

but it matters not a jot about the bnp because they're fucked and going down. the edl are, ostensibly, not racist and given that the rioters were not muslim youth - in significant measure - i don't think they'll use this as a body although i have no doubt their members and supporters will put their own slant on it.
I checked the EDL Facebook at about 2am Sunday and it was full of what you would expect Although i did notice someone who was usually an utter cunt sticking up for the rioters and criticising the police shooting. I think there were a couple of others too. It seemed to be going the same way as the student protests. Blaming the left and ten years of labour. Amongst the usual racist shit.

However. The daily fail seems to be pretty straight on reporting the thing and have some really classy photos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gan-shooting-sparked-police-beating-girl.html

They do seem to think it was anarchists wot did it in Enfield

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...merges-office-flew-holiday-hours-carnage.html

Daily Fail said:
In Enfield, North London, a mob of 200 anarchists smashed their way into shops and lobbed concrete slabs at police cars following Saturday’s riot in nearby Tottenham.

but in Brixton they were just plain old looters, apparently.

The Mail obviously thinks North London has a different class of rioter. :)

I checked the EDL Facebook at about 2am Sunday and it was full of what you would expect Although i did notice someone who was usually an utter cunt sticking up for the rioters and criticising the police shooting. I think there were a couple of others too. It seemed to be going the same way as the student protests. Blaming the left and ten years of labour. Amongst the usual racist shit.
much as i'd expect. i would be a bit surprised though if the edl itself put something out which reflected the views of its supporters as it would blow wider the gap between their claimed politics and their real politics.

Loads of racist comments in the Torygraph. One idiot actually said "We want Enoch Powell for PM" without realising that Powell has been dead for around 20 years.
that's one of his best characteristics and it's swung me behind this powellite campaign. but i would go further: bring back palmerston. or even pitt. dead politicians can hardly be worse than the wankers we have now.

Not sure of the legal requirements Mr Bishie - i do know they pay a lot of money for this PR shit though. 45 people employed in Met's PR wing.

Perhaps they were all too busy whispering cynical self-serving lies to their pals in the gutter press, as they do whenever the Met kills a citizen ...

Perhaps they think that *is* their job. They certainly seem to act on that basis.

it already has. i got over it. will you?
What get over something that probably is going to continue tonight? (Spot the non-sequitur?)

I will eventually, of course. But again, my point only is: If you're an innocent victim, it's hardly going to bring about political sentiment, is it? Being aggressive to passer-bys is hardly collateral damage.

Clegg has just been on saying there is no excuse for theft, vandalism and destruction. Like the riots could match his coalition for that.

Lots of projecting going on here, imo, i'm quite sure 10 year olds to 14 year olds have no political or otherwise consciousness of the cutting of bankers getting bigger bonuses, of Thatcher and neo-liberalism, etc, it was opportunism, look at what they looted: games, tv's, clothes, very few political locations, job centres, etc were attacked, it wasn't Brixton or Toxteth, it was the above kids but also organised criminal and volent gangs out to get what they could. There is plenty for young people to be angry about it in London and indeed the Uk, but these people weren't part of that.

the initial protest outside the Police station was a different case..

Lots of projecting going on here, imo, i'm quite sure 10 year olds to 14 year olds have no political or otherwise consciousness of the cutting of bankers getting bigger bonuses, of Thatcher and neo-liberalism, etc, it was opportunism, look at what they looted: games, tv's, clothes, very few political locations, job centres, etc were attacked, it wasn't Brixton or Toxteth, it the above kids but also organised criminal gangs and out to get what they could. There is plenty for young people to be angry about it in London and indeed the Uk, but these people weren't part of that.

the initial protest outside the Police station was a different case..
if that's really, truly the case then why didn't the people in tottenham loot last week or last month? i suppose it was simply a coincidence that there was the demonstration the same day.

Is there any truth in the frankly hilarious story that the looters broke into McDonalds and started cooking their own junk food?

Politics can work at different levels - it's only natural that for a generation that has been told that happiness lies on acquisition of more and more consumer goods - whilst at the same time deprived of the resources to live out this capitalist utopia - to respond by taking what's denied to them.

Apparently Boris johnson doing his job as Mayor and leaving his holiday would "kind of reward" criminality. So he's not.

Should he return, he'd probably say something deeply stupid which so reeked of elitist arrogance as to provoke a small but statistically significant number of hiterto peaceful Londoners into violent insurrection.

Back
Top Bottom