Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

If people are openly looting then law enforcement have obviously lost control. Property protection is a big part of their job.

wether its incompetence or canny 'don't ask me sarge durr' deliberate ineptitude they will have secured a halt to the cuts in police funding imo

wether its incompetence or canny 'don't ask me sarge durr' deliberate ineptitude they will have secured a halt to the cuts in police funding imo

Possibly. They did play a big part in it kicking off in the first place by attacking that girl, I wonder how much of that is done with the potential outcome in mind since it suits them in the long term for this to happen.

I've never read through her tweets before. Words fail me. This ones just fucking nasty "Irish presidential hopeful forced to resign after revelations ex-partner raped a Palestinian boy. http://t.co/A24vYXj Kid prob a terrorist".
2 Aug

Young girls in designer togs and heels taking binbags to go looting at H+M!! They had this all planned already, so it seems... :facepalm:

Eddy Butler's blog on this is, as you might expect, amusingly all over the place. "Damn you, polyglots!" I think he may have learned a new word recently.

No link, obviously.

I was at art festival on Fountayne Rd in Seven Sisters when this happened -- really pissed to have missed while being so close.

On the other hand I just got back from the Brixton riot.. err, looting. There was some struggle at Halfords/Curry's and the high street got lots of smashed windows and some fire. Looks like it's pretty much over by now with the riot police all over the place. Although I can still hear police sirens, lots of them so I guess there are many isolated incidents still taking place.

"Far from opposing the so-called excesses - instances of popular vengeance against hated individuals or against public buildings with which hateful memories are associated - the workers' party must not only tolerate these actions but must even give them direction."

This doesnt apply to burnt out small shopkeepers imo but violent hatred of the boss class and bourgeois state are objectively progressive.

"Far from opposing the so-called excesses - instances of popular vengeance against hated individuals or against public buildings with which hateful memories are associated - the workers' party must not only tolerate these actions but must even give them direction."

This doesnt apply to burnt out small shopkeepers imo but violent hatred of the boss class and bourgeois state are objectively progressive.

All I see is people wanting an excuse to go and nick a load of stuff that they probably already own in the first place. If anything the targets of these riots strike me as proof that the notion of materialism as a defining factor in how people view themselves is the only thing being expressed in this latest outbreak of violence.

In fact the whole thing seems to have a rather dreary feel to it all with no real 'anger' as such being expressed but just almost an outburst of kids thinking that they are able to actually live the video games they enjoy playing just for a couple of hours.

The ones I feel sorry for are those poor people burned out of their homes on Saturday night. People have been left with just the clothes (or in one case I heard of a dressing gown) they stood up in. And for what ? A branch of Carpet Right ? Who did they offend ? Ok their carpet fitters can be stroppy buggers and so on but is that really 'popular vengence' ?

In fact the whole thing seems to have a rather dreary feel to it all with no real 'anger' as such being expressed but just almost an outburst of kids thinking that they are able to actually live the video games they enjoy playing just for a couple of hours.

I can't help but wish it was more like their video games - but with real guns and no 'extra lives'.

Really? Did people have "hateful memories" of sportswear shops and chemists?

Still no excuse for that sort of behaviour anywhere in London. All I'm hearing is excuses rather than justification.

aj - That's because you're a simpleton. Which is fine, but your mind is empty and/or closed. You really would be happier on the Daily Mail comment pages.

Back
Top Bottom