Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

i bet they do.

i'm surprised londoners can actually do anything practical without a northener showing them how to do it. i'm also surprised they haven't got a bunch of poles to riot for them, they're cheaper and don't take as many breaks.

annoyed you didn't get to cast the first stone eh

pmsl @ some people tweeting from Brixton and proper shitting it, you wanted the grittiness of a inner-city life and you got it. Stop whimpering or move back to the suburbs.

:hmm:

The West Londoner blog is reporting that Morrisons in Chingford is on fire.

No verification, but they seem to have been fairly detailed in their coverage of events in Brixton.

I'm just back from Brixton now. Some sports shops were set on fire, a pawn shop & computer game shop got broken into on Brixton Road, some clothes shops too. Coldharbour Lane is a mess, covered in smashed glass and remnants of stuff set on fire like bins. I dont know what happened there but it definitely did look like something had kicked off a bit earlier. Police just closing off different streets. I wouldnt really call it rioting on the main road, more just looting (for me rioting is confrontation between two groups - when the police came along, people would just leg it off).
Very heavy rain sent me scurrying home (and lots of other lads I was talking with).

Who'd a thought that kids so often written off as neets & deadbeats could paralyse the great Londonium by a series of rolling attacks on several different fronts within a relatively short period.

give them a gun and send them to Afghanistan !...or rather .....send them ...then give them a gun ....

If people are openly looting then law enforcement have obviously lost control. Property protection is a big part of their job.

I reckon they care less about looting and more about not antagonising too many locals + audiences.

Locals on TV earlier seemed antagonised about the slow response to the looting and even the Daily Mail and Telegraph are questioning the police command and response, so if you're right that was one hell of a shite tactic. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...riots-police-let-gangs-run-riot-and-loot.html

I loved this bit:

But its tactics meant gangs of youths were free to break into stores at nearby Tottenham Hale retail park and in Wood Green, with looters forming an orderly queue in broad daylight to steal from a sports shop.

How fantastically English! :D

Back
Top Bottom