Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

I don't think you have to buy the 'execution on the pavement' thing in order to be awake to the possibility that the Met are a bunch of incompetent lying tossers who will reflexively use their corrupt pals in the media to blacken the name of anyone they might happen to shoot repeatedly in the face, for whatever reason ...

Exactly. Read a report or two now. Just because the 'execution on the pavement' idea MIGHT include some exaggerations, doesn't mean the Met haven't got all sports of questions to answer.

This thought has probably been posted already, but the way the IPCC seem to have been issuing statement after statement today, and the Met issuing far fewer, seems pretty significant.

I'll tell anyone this..I live on the Old Kent Road .. if anyone has got a grievence against the old bill in whatever manor they live in then deal with it in your area.. do not make the mistake of stirring up shit down this road.
i hadn't thought of going down the old kent road until you mentioned it.

what about if someone from the old kent road's got a grievance against the cops?

Nope, I just didn't rush to conclusions as quickly as others.

I take it you're buying this "execution on the pavement" gig then?

no, you took met line, hook and sinker. I'm buying nothing yet, other than 'this stinks of another met fatality and cover job- the bullet in the radio is one of theirs. We shall see.

Just because the 'execution on the pavement' idea MIGHT include some exaggerations, doesn't mean the Met haven't got all sports of questions to answer.

Of course there are questions to answer. They've shot someone. Do you think those questions are reasonably answered by anonymous "bystanders" a few hours after the event?

Can they be asked? Can they be trusted to the the police? Or the IPCC? Half the police story has been blasted away already. One day. One day later.

Of course there are questions to answer. They've shot someone. Do you think those questions are reasonably answered by anonymous "bystanders" a few hours after the event?

Clearly not, but there is at least the possibility they are telling the truth.

With 'police sources' quoted in the Sun regarding someone that the police just killed, past form suggests that there is very little probability that it's the truth and a strong probability that it's a pack of self-serving lies intended to smear the person they killed.

......had a brief walk around ....nothing happening in walthamstow..... no one around ..the market is empty , apart from a full police van with riot gear every 100metres or so . didn't go up to the station ...spoke to one officer said " that they would be here all night " ......It was just some shouting earlier ...and that was it .no damage either ...just a bit of noise ..with a bit of luck

Police dogs have gone elsewhere ...starting to rain ...hopefully that's it

Initial reports from the IPCC were that during an apparent exchange of fire police officers from C019 fired two shots and Duggan died at the scene. The suggestion was that officers could have come under fire from a minicab carrying Duggan. Much of this assumption came from the fact that a bullet had lodged in a police radio worn by an officer at the scene – raising speculation he might have been fired at from the vehicle. A non-police issue handgun was also recovered at the scene where Duggan was shot dead in Ferry Road.

The latest developments come as one community organiser suggested the handgun recovered was found in a sock and therefore not ready for use. It is likely to fuel anger on the streets of Tottenham and elsewhere in London if it provides evidence that officers were not under attack at the time they opened fire on Duggan.

The IPCC said on Sunday: "We await further forensic analysis to enable us to have a fuller and more comprehensive account of what shots were discharged, the sequence of events and what exactly happened. In the meantime we would request people are patient while we seek to find answers to the questions raised by this incident."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/07/police-attack-london-burns

i bet they do.

i'm surprised londoners can actually do anything practical without a northener showing them how to do it. i'm also surprised they haven't got a bunch of poles to riot for them, they're cheaper and don't take as many breaks.
Got a better culture too. They drink outside with their kids and that.

Back
Top Bottom