Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

Yeah I'm a tool for not instantly distrusting reports of this incident and coming to a conclusion that many other people also did. Still carry on, just insult me for posting my own opinions etc...

You said it.

More seriously - you'd do well to apply a little critical thinking.

The way "outsiders", "gangsters" and "troublemakers" etc are getting the blame reminds me of Assad blaming the uprisings in Syria on "armed gangs", "terrorists" etc.

When people feel angry, oppressed etc then shit like this happens.

"Fuck politics, let's riot" etc

Get the misinformation out quick then trickle the rest out when people have stopped paying attention.

I tried to post earlier but it wasn't working. The quote from the police spokesman in the london standard article linked to on here was very interesting in it's wording. I forget exactly but ''a gun was found'' (not he had a gun, not he shot the gun) '' It appears he fired before the police returned fire''. Very carefully worded not to be a lie if it turns out he didn't have a gun, didn't shoot a gun and that the police shot him without him shooting first.

Is this the article: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23976225-cab-passenger-shot-dead-by-police.do ?

Other than the "apparent exchange of gunfire" it seems balanced to me. Of course they have to say "a gun was found" - what do you think would happen if they said "Mark Duggan was armed" and then it was subsequently found that this was not the case? And it's not the Met being quoted and the IPCC quote sensibly doesn't go anywhere near the issue.

Perhaps there was another article I missed?

Rather than post my own opinions should I just sit back, wait until someone else posts something I don't like and then chuck in a few one line insults at them...
That is what 70% of urban posters do so you would have the benefit of being in a crowd.

they are all non white.... My mate confirmed saw another 200 are walking ... we need armed response shoot them, he said the police are over whelmed.

are you on the right forum?? Or have you just drunk a bottle of NAZI juice? Amazing how a riot brings out people's true colours isn't it?

ahem, what happened in london earlier this year?
anyway, i just heard 2 sirens. i'm 100% certain headingley will fall now. i'm getting straight down to wilco for a spot of looting
ahem, what happened in london earlier this year?
anyway, i just heard 2 sirens. i'm 100% certain headingley will fall now. i'm getting straight down to wilco for a spot of looting

No chance. Besides Headingley is devoid of students, summer holidays.

Yeah sorry all your posts in here have been really constructive. Rather than post my own opinions should I just sit back, wait until someone else posts something I don't like ane are ged then chuck in a few one line insults at them...

when people on here are sharing info re: an important, developing situation, it's just frustrating having to listen to timewasters like yourself...even when your proved 100 % wrong re: bullet in radio according to the IPcc, you still drivel on about it - you've nothing interesting or informative to say, it's just trolling, why dont you fuck off somewhere else you can share your dull, reactionary prejudices with like minded people ? or is this kind of interaction what makes up a good night for you, all things considered ?

Is this the article: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23976225-cab-passenger-shot-dead-by-police.do ?

Other than the "apparent exchange of gunfire" it seems balanced to me. Of course they have to say "a gun was found" - what do you think would happen if they said "Mark Duggan was armed" and then it was subsequently found that this was not the case? And it's not the Met being quoted and the IPCC quote sensibly doesn't go anywhere near the issue.

Perhaps there was another article I missed?

Hm. can't see the quote I read earlier in there. Tried to search but no luck.

I know that the truth of this incident will probably not come to light for some time, and it is a tragedy for Mark Duggans family that he should lose his life in this way. But how does this incident justify the wanton criminality we have witnessed? Residents of Tottenham who have nothing to do with this incident have had their homes and livelihoods destroyed by a mob which descended on the area from other parts of London hell bent on looting and destruction!

Low paid workers working for Aldi and other businesses are now out of work because of these individuals, other residents have lost their homes and all their possessions for what?

What we are witnessing is just opportunist criminality, it makes me ashamed to be a Londoner to see the bestial nature that some will stoop to. What a thin veneer civilisation actually is!

when people on here are sharing info re: an important, developing situation, it's just frustrating having to listen to timewasters like yourself...even when your proved 100 % wrong re: bullet in radio according to the IPcc, you still drivel on about it - you've nothing interesting or informative to say, it's just trolling, why dont you fuck off somewhere else you can share your dull, reactionary prejudices with like minded people ? or is this kind of interaction what makes up a good night for you, all things considered ?

If you want up to date information then you can follow a twitter feed, if you don't like my posts then use ignore... Quoting them and chucking in a random insult and now going on to state that posting opinions you don't like is trolling is pretty hypocritical.

I know that the truth of this incident will probably not come to light for some time, and it is a tragedy for Mark Duggans family that he should lose his life in this way. But how does this incident justify the wanton criminality we have witnessed? Residents of Tottenham who have nothing to do with this incident have had their homes and livelihoods destroyed by a mob which descended on the area from other parts of London hell bent on looting and destruction!

Low paid workers working for Aldi and other businesses are now out of work because of these individuals, other residents have lost their homes and all their possessions for what?

What we are witnessing is just opportunist criminality, it makes me ashamed to be a Londoner to see the bestial nature that some will stoop to. What a thin veneer civilisation actually is!
descended from other parts of london? the kids who were out at 2 this morning? you sure? and how do you know that aldi etc have sacked their workers? are you privy to their discussions?

Back
Top Bottom