Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kicking Off In Tottenham

Hardly prejudice tbh... the guy *was* carrying a gun and the police shooting themselves is rather a rare occurrence. Presumably a ricochet - or else some firearms officer really has screwed up big time...

I don't believe I was the only one to come to that conclusion either - the IPCC release led many to believe that man shot/gun recovered/bullet in police radio indicated that an exchange of fire had taken place between him and the police.

They've known all along whether this guy fired his weapon or not, if he didn't then they could have released that fact from the outset rather than the selective release of facts that actually took place and led people/the media to draw a different conclusion. Not releasing the fact that he didn't fire his weapon then this information coming to light just stirs up more distrust amongst the family/community and in turn gives credence to the rumours of a summary execution taking place.

you should be feeling pretty sheepish now, dowie

I'm pretty shocked tbh.. yes. But I don't think I was exactly the only one who drew the same initial conclusion from the reports of a bullet being lodged in a police radio. The selective release of information on this is a bit dodgy IMO - why release the fact about a bullet being lodged in a police radio and not clarify that the suspect didn't discharge his weapon. Without the second bit of information the first does tend to indicate an exchange of fire but they'd have known all along from officers at the scene whether a round was fired by the suspect/victim. It does stink a bit...

Hardly prejudice tbh... the guy *was* carrying a gun and the police shooting themselves is rather a rare occurrence. Presumably a ricochet - or else some firearms officer really has screwed up big time...

I don't believe I was the only one to come to that conclusion either - the IPCC release led many to believe that man shot/gun recovered/bullet in police radio indicated that an exchange of fire had taken place between him and the police.

They've known all along whether this guy fired his weapon or not, if he didn't then they could have released that fact from the outset rather than the selective release of facts that actually took place and led people/the media to draw a different conclusion. Not releasing the fact that he didn't fire his weapon then this information coming to light just stirs up more distrust amongst the family/community and in turn gives credence to the rumours of a summary execution taking place.

You're a bit of a tool, aren't you?

:)

I'm pretty shocked tbh.. yes. But I don't think I was exactly the only one who drew the same initial conclusion from the reports of a bullet being lodged in a police radio. The selective release of information on this is a bit dodgy IMO - why release the fact about a bullet being lodged in a police radio and not clarify that the suspect didn't discharge his weapon. Without the second bit of information the first does tend to indicate an exchange of fire but they'd have known all along from officers at the scene whether a round was fired by the suspect/victim. It does stink a bit...

Why are you shocked? This is how the Met always operate.

Get the misinformation out quick then trickle the rest out when people have stopped paying attention.

I tried to post earlier but it wasn't working. The quote from the police spokesman in the london standard article linked to on here was very interesting in it's wording. I forget exactly but ''a gun was found'' (not he had a gun, not he shot the gun) '' It appears he fired before the police returned fire''. Very carefully worded not to be a lie if it turns out he didn't have a gun, didn't shoot a gun and that the police shot him without him shooting first.

Headingley is full of students, no chance of it kicking off.
ahem, what happened in london earlier this year?
anyway, i just heard 2 sirens. i'm 100% certain headingley will fall now. i'm getting straight down to wilco for a spot of looting

Anarchists don't trash their own communities (or other peoples for that matter).

What happened in Tottenham was mob violence.

Its hard to know what anarchists do or don't as each time someone says anarchists do this or that some other anrchisty type will say that all anarchists are different. To be honest it would be alot clearer if the anarchists agreed on what it meant and then expelled the opposition.

Anyway I agree with your sentiments re not trashing your own community and personally i wouldn't be out on the streets over the death of some local gangster who had a gun. Pity they weren't out over the closure of libraries.

You're a bit of a tool, aren't you?

:)

Yeah I'm a tool for not instantly distrusting reports of this incident and coming to a conclusion that many other people also did. Still carry on, just insult me for posting my own opinions etc...

Yeah I'm a tool for not instantly distrusting reports of this incident and coming to a conclusion that many other people also did. Still carry on, just insult me for posting my own opinions etc...

your shit, ill-informed prejudiced opinions?

A "time of polarisation"? What does that mean, then?

A bunch of low-lifes have succeeded in trashing their own neighbourhood. Win! Still, at least a lucky few got some free trainers and a big telly out of it.

Giles..

did public school really not equip you to understand the phrase 'a time of polarisation ' Giles ?

Sorry I should have perhaps said 'alleged gangster'. Supposedly 'Starrish mark' from the 'Man Dem' gang. Allegedly on the way to seek revenge for the killing of his cousin and intercepted by police from operation trident. Would certainly explain why the family members are in disbelief - could presume that perhaps he doesn't carry a gun normally but might have acquired one for this alleged revenge attack he was purportedly on his way to carry out. Presumably some tout or other tipped off the police and prompted this operation.

(yes and before someone quotes me several times I am making lots of assumptions here - though I'd also wager that I'm likely not far off the mark.)

jesus wept, still making it up as you go along you time wasting, 'look at me' fruitloop, Go away , ffs.

your shit, ill-informed prejudiced opinions?

They were hardly all that ill informed and many others drew the same conclusion from the selective information released.

Why do you believe that drawing the opinion that bullet in radio = exchange of fire rather than accident is based purely on prejudice given that we also know the suspect/victim had a gun and was shot?

They were hardly all that ill informed and many others drew the same conclusion from the selective information released.

Why do you believe that drawing the opinion that bullet in radio = exchange of fire rather than accident is based purely on prejudice given that we also know the suspect/victim had a gun and was shot?

cos you shouldn't believe a word the met ever says when they shoot someone dead.

jesus wept, still making it up as you go along you time wasting, 'look at me' fruitloop, Go away , ffs.

Yeah sorry all your posts in here have been really constructive. Rather than post my own opinions should I just sit back, wait until someone else posts something I don't like and then chuck in a few one line insults at them...

live 200 yards from Enfield town centre, helicopters, police cars. Drove through a couple of hours ago, HMV, my pub, pearons etc smashed, drove past groups of youths/men all converging on Enfield town. Dont want to say this but only stating facts they are all non white. My mate confirmed saw another 200 are walking through Bush Hill Park from Tottenham/Edmonton. total in Enfield 500. He drove through 10 minutes ago, hoodies, with bricks, hammers, bottles, iron bars, wood, we need armed response shoot them, he said the police are over whelmed.

live 200 yards from Enfield town centre, helicopters, police cars. Drove through a couple of hours ago, HMV, my pub, pearons etc smashed, drove past groups of youths/men all converging on Enfield town. Dont want to say this but only stating facts they are all non white. My mate confirmed saw another 200 are walking through Bush Hill Park from Tottenham/Edmonton. total in Enfield 500. He drove through 10 minutes ago, hoodies, with bricks, hammers, bottles, iron bars, wood, we need armed response shoot them, he said the police are over whelmed.
WHAT?

Back
Top Bottom