Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ken Rockwell is dangerous to photography

Don't try to understand Bungle, he is a one-off. Possibly he has got the idea from previous threads that everyone on this forum rates Ken Rockwell.
That.

People cited Rockwell on specific points in a previous bungle facepalm thread and he thought this would provoke a new argument. It's a bit disturbing really.

That.

People cited Rockwell on specific points in a previous bungle facepalm thread and he thought this would provoke a new argument. It's a bit disturbing really.
How the fuck have I provoked an argument?? I saw a video on YT where some good points were made and I thought I would post it here for discussion. I have not provoked anything. It is fucking you people who keep provoking things because instead of discussing the topic you keep with your constant fucking bullshit against me.

Don't try to understand Bungle, he is a one-off. Possibly he has got the idea from previous threads that everyone on this forum rates Ken Rockwell. I have only read a few things on Rockwell's website and he makes sense generally but he isn't that important surely. He isn't dangerous in any sense.
Except that the title came from the video I posted, but hey let's not let the fucking facts get in the way of having a another go at me.
Rockwell has written some really useful stuff and I'm sure he has helped an awful lot of newbie photographers. Doesn't mean he's always right though - in fact I'm sure he gets it very wong at times - but on balance I think I'd rather listen to him that that raging egomaniac in the video clip at the start of this thread.
You mean the video you admitted that you didn't watch, and then came out with some BS about how you couldn't enter into a discussion about someone's opinion unless you knew their entire life story..........

You mean the video you admitted that you didn't watch, and then came out with some BS about how you couldn't enter into a discussion about someone's opinion unless you knew their entire life story..........
You're very confused today.

I watched a fair chunk of that video and long enough to get a good understanding of what was bring said. I just couldn't sit through it all, silly. :facepalm:
So tell me why is is necessary to watch the full 2 hour video to pass comment on the 10 minute segment that I pointed you to? Tell me what "full story" watching the full 2 hour video would have given you? All you had to do was watch the segment that I directed you to; you either agree with what Jared said or you don't.

How the fuck have I provoked an argument?? I saw a video on YT where some good points were made and I thought I would post it here for discussion. I have not provoked anything. It is fucking you people who keep provoking things because instead of discussing the topic you keep with your constant fucking bullshit against me.
It's a conspiracy.

It's a conspiracy.
I really cannot be bothered to play the games of someone who wades into a thread intent on starting agro, and accusing other people of wanting to start a fight when in fact it is they that are doing that very thing. I'm wise to you.

I really cannot be bothered to play the games of someone who wades into a thread intent on starting agro, and accusing other people of wanting to start a fight when in fact it is they that are doing that very thing. I'm wise to you.
Of course you are. It's not you, it's everyone one else.

Between you and bubbles, I must have posted that a dozen times in the last month.

Of course you are. It's not you, it's everyone one else.

Between you and bubbles, I must have posted that a dozen times in the last month.
Your first post in this thread:

Dammit, no one took my bait. Quick, let's start an argument a different way!

You have contributed absolutely nothing of worth to this thread - you are seemingly not interested in actually discussing the topic, only having a go at me - so I suggest you go away.

Your first post in this thread:

You have contributed absolutely nothing of worth to this thread - you are seemingly not interested in actually discussing the topic, only having a go at me - so I suggest you go away.
Suggest away kitten :D x

So tell me why is is necessary to watch the full 2 hour video to pass comment on the 10 minute segment that I pointed you to? Tell me what "full story" watching the full 2 hour video would have given you? All you had to do was watch the segment that I directed you to; you either agree with what Jared said or you don't.
I want to know a little about the flava of this lippy character whose words your appear so smitten by.

Do you think Ken Rockwell is dangerous to photography?

I want to know a little about the flava of this lippy character whose words your appear so smitten by
Do you always over-complicate everything?

Do you think Ken Rockwell is dangerous to photography?
I think that Mr. Rockwell gives out some misleading and wrong information, and I agree with Jared that the info presented here is sending beginner photographers down the wrong path.

Do you always over-complicate everything?

I think that Mr. Rockwell gives out some misleading and wrong information, and I agree with Jared that the info presented here is sending beginner photographers down the wrong path.
So he's not dangerous to photography then? Good.

So he's not dangerous to photography then? Good.
Well "dangerous", in the sense that, as Jared said, beginners are going to follow his "advice" then be put off photography when they can't get good images and think it's them.
I liked the table they were sat around, is it a card table?
Yeah, I think it's a poker table or something. I think Jared might have another, earlier, video where he's setting it up

Well "dangerous", in the sense that, as Jared said, beginners are going to follow his "advice" then be put off photography when they can't get good images and think it's them.
I don't think many beginners are going to give much of a fuck about what is said in that video because I imagine most people will have lost interest before they reach his big rant.

I don't remember anyone pronouncing it as 'din'.

That would be sort of like pronouncing CIA as 'seeya' or KGB as 'kigib'. :)
I remember lots of people pronouncing it "Din" especially in an audio context with DIN leads and sockets. They came under the same regulations. I am waiting for some old photographer to speak of the passing of H and D numbers with nostalgic regret.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom