Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ken Rockwell is dangerous to photography

ISO - eye ess oh - there are three letters so there are three sounds.

But Bokeh - boh keh or boh kay etc but not Bo kay

Anyway, I can't see the problem with saving your pictures as gifs. As long as you pronounce it right. And I'm sure we all know the right way to pronounce it, right?

If anybody would use the word to say anything useful I might allow it, but they just witter on about "creamy bokeh". In fact it should be pronounced "*boke*".

Nick On or Nigh Con? TRICK QUESTION it's Niiiiiiikon, as in "I gotta Niiiiiiikon camera, I like to take phooooootagraphs".

If anybody would use the word to say anything useful I might allow it, but they just witter on about "creamy bokeh". In fact it should be pronounced "*boke*".
I got into plenty of discussions about the qualities of bokeh available from the Nikon 85mm f1.8 compared to the more expensive Nikon 85mm f1.4 people felt very strongly about it, and still do even though there are now G versions of these lenses which have new and different qualities. I plumped for the f1.8, saved myself £500 and am happy.

What's wrong with "blur"?
Blur can apply to the whole photograph. Normally Bokeh is about the qualities of an image in the bit of the image which is not in focus. But there will be a bit in the photo that is in sharp focus so just using the word blur might be misleading.

Blur can apply to the whole photograph. Normally Bokeh is about the qualities of an image in the bit of the image which is not in focus. But there will be a bit in the photo that is in sharp focus so just using the word blur might be misleading.
Okay then, "smudged bit".

Back
Top Bottom