Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Good grief . Learning from Meloni

In passing, that's a really shit bit of spin from the BBC:
Meloni was probably Rishi Sunak’s closest ally in Europe. Both right-wingers, their political chemistry was clear, with Sunak calling her “a lovely person” after their last meeting at the G7 summit.

His successor may not be such a natural political fit for Meloni – but she is arguably the EU’s strongest right-wing leader and Starmer knows that to solve the migration challenge, all roads lead to Rome.
I mean, I appreciate the appeal of shoehorning a good pun or reference into your writing as much as anyone, but I think you should probably resist the temptation to use a pithy phrase when it means endorsing fascism.

Starmer gets free holidays, gig tickets, football match tickets, glasses amongst other things, but it’s the only way he can an attend a match so that’s ok then :hmm: :rolleyes:

Starmer has previously insisted his acceptance of hospitality is related to his security requirements of not being able to go into the stands, saying: “If I don’t accept a gift of hospitality, I can’t go to a game. You could say: ‘Well, bad luck.’ That’s why gifts have to be registered. But, you know, never going to an Arsenal game again because I can’t accept hospitality is pushing it a bit far.”
The entitlement is unbelievable

Why doesn’t he pay for the hospitality if he is that desperate to go to an Arsenal match.

Starmer gets free holidays, gig tickets, football match tickets, glasses amongst other things, but it’s the only way he can an attend a match so that’s ok then :hmm: :rolleyes:

Why doesn’t he pay for the hospitality if he is that desperate to go to an Arsenal match.
Not to mention that many thousands of arsenal fans can't afford to go to games so watch on TV.

Plenty of photos of Sunak at Southampton's ground St Mary's and Corbyn at Highbury not in Executive boxes. Perhaps Starmer should speak to Corbyn about security issues.

According to the guardian he’s claimed more in hospitality that Miliband and Corbyn combined. Corbyn only ever declared one ticket - to Glastonbury (presumably when he spoke at it?) - Miliband and Corbyn both support Arsenal but were able to buy their own tickets to watch the Arse.

According to the guardian he’s claimed more in hospitality that Miliband and Corbyn combined. Corbyn only ever declared one ticket - to Glastonbury (presumably when he spoke at it?)

Says it was for a family member - I guess getting a grandkid in or something. I'd say he probably shouldn't really be doing that tbf but it says a lot that it was for someone else doesn't it.

Corbyn blocked Starmer from taking a second job when the latter was Brexit secretary. Corbyn demonstrating why he was morally unfit to be PM, of course.
I have a feeling Corbyn's blocking of Starmer's second job has a lot to do with his downfall.

Corbyn blocked Starmer from taking a second job when the latter was Brexit secretary. Corbyn demonstrating why he was morally unfit to be PM, of course.
Interesting that he's no longer able to act as a lawyer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom