Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

I'm sure there's probably some perfectly sensible and dull explanation as to why Paul Mason has "normal" under his name, but I enjoy how it feels like a desperately unconvincing custom title or something.
Blue tick seems appropriate, too.

Former head of IPPR (so hardly a radical)
Rishi Sunak is no George Osborne: this was not an austerity budget. The chancellor promised to keep spending by extending the furlough scheme to the end of September and expanding support for the newly self-employed, alongside a package of support for businesses including grants, cheap loans, and tax relief. Perhaps most significantly, Sunak announced a new super-deduction for business investment over the next two years, worth some £25bn.

The chancellor has been prepared to continue the colossal expansion in government spending, and to challenge his own party by setting out future tax rises on big business with a rise in corporation tax from 19% to 25% in two years’ time. The contrast with the timid demands set out in Keir Starmer’s speech last month – a recovery bond, retaining the £20 uplift in universal credit (which the chancellor promised to do, albeit temporarily), and no increases in council tax – was striking.

View attachment 257148

This is Starmer's banner on twitter. Yeah mate, the vaccine is being rolled out already. Good union jack tho
I might be reading too much into this, but do you reckon that flag is the result of him sitting down with his consultants, going "how can I effectively reach out to my target audience of nationalist flag-shaggers, while also generating an sense of authentic values alignment with them mad commie Corbyn cultists who won't stop shouting at me? I know, a union jack that's also a red flag, what more could anyone possibly ask for?"

A toothless opposition. No idea what they stand for.

They stand for a future, that is different from the past. So they're in favour of entropy and causality, two of the most fundamental tenets of creation without which even time itself could not meaningfully be said to exist, but they can't be drawn on anything more specific than that.

Difficult to see completely, but if that London Lab/Con lead is only 10% (with the Greens mopping up 8%) that shows how shabby their polling is atm.

Trying to work out what Labour stand for is like trying to pin the tail on a donkey. Trouble is there's no donkey and no tail.

Back
Top Bottom