Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Katie Hopkins

There's little achievement in calling her it behind her back.

They told her what the award was called, she didn't notice the obvious.

And they gave her more of a platform than if they'd done nothing.

They edited her rant so her context was removed but theirs was left in, all her swearyness.

They didn't ignore her; would've been better if they had, or tackled her, in my opinion.

Paid actors, the implication being only stayed and and listened coz... money.

They told her what the award was called, she didn't notice the obvious.

And? Just a bit childish.

They edited her rant so her context was removed but theirs was left in, all her swearyness.

Nobody cares about her swearing; it's the hateful stuff that's significant. But we all know that's what she thinks; she's proud of it; she wants it publicised - that notoriety is how she makes her living!

Paid actors, the implication being only stayed and and listened coz... money.

Yeah, but she has loads of people who gladly lap up what she says; it's a non-point, really.

They've just treated her to a jolly-up and kept her in the public consciousness, to get a bit of footage for a cheap laugh. Don't get me wrong; I'm happy to see her called a cunt, but it seems a weak response to have rewarded her for spouting that shit and not tackling it. And you do have to wonder if self-promotion wasn't the main driver.

But happy to agree to disagree.

Actually thought this was shit she has been given a platform right there to say everything she feels and no one challenges her. Yes she looks a bit stupid, but we all knew that anyway and we all knew what her views are already as she's never bored of putting it out there.

Had they have confronted her with it at the end or the next day then it would have been funny.

What actually happened to get her banned?. The one thing I read was Rachel Riley sorted out a meeting with staff at Twitter and it was a result of that? There's something weird about that to me. Surely they should be able to see it for themselves without someone off Countdown getting involved?

I know it's not acceptable these days, but IME over the years a carefully timed smack in the gob has put to rest IME many a mouther-offer.

She is utterly vile but it seems like they just spent an awful lot of money. I kind of dislike them for that.

I agree it's a contrived, long and expensive game they have played. I am also with Numbers that sometimes giving someone a slap in the chops seems like the most immediate, rewarding way of shutting someone up. The vid is interesting though IMO, whilst annoying. She is utterly desperate for work, a platform, to stay relevant. From what I've seen over recent months she has repeatedly gone to the States to entertain Trumpers and sell her wretched soul. Brand Hatie needs an international platform like twitter to race bait, post up her pathetic monologue vids and survive. Pretty much only Breitbart left for her isn't there?

Is it worse than spending a load of money on a film production? Surely it’s a creative work in the same way as lots of film and TV.
I dunno I just think they come across like 2 kids with a lot spare cash playing a prank. I don't think what they did is wrong - she is a massive cunt - I just wish I had all that money sloshing around.

Is it worse than spending a load of money on a film production? Surely it’s a creative work in the same way as lots of film and TV.
Yup, that’s pretty much what it is. It’s how Josh Peters makes his money, with a YouTube channel where he pranks people. Not really my thing, but he makes a lot of money doing it, so he does what any film or tv production does, he puts that money into creating more content.

Point of interest; they didn’t put her up in the Four Seasons, just had the award ceremony there, they put her up in a cheapo gaff, and flew her on WizzAir.

And it’s nice that they got her to spew her bile in a format that people who are ambivalent to her may well see. But I imagine that they could have spent that clearly large sum of money more wisely when it comes to countering racism and bigotry. But fair play for having a go.

From what I've seen over recent months she has repeatedly gone to the States to entertain Trumpers and sell her wretched soul. Brand Hatie needs an international platform like twitter to race bait, post up her pathetic monologue vids and survive. Pretty much only Breitbart left for her isn't there?

Can’t they keep her out of the States because of the ketamine incident?

Back
Top Bottom