Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kamala Harris' time is up

For the first time for ages I don't feel a sense of total doom about the US's future. Obviously its still far from a forgone conclusion that the US public will reject the would-be dictator who encouraged people to drink bleach at the height of the COVID pandemic, but Harris and her team are gonna put up a good fight agains him. She would absolutely torch Jeffery Epstein's r**e buddy in a debate, but he's probably too much of a little bitch to take her on.

Yeah, at first I felt that all the calls of "Biden is too old, get rid of him" were a trap set by the Republicans. But given how badly they've reacted to Biden dropping out of the race, I'm now wondering if they were banking on the Dems holding fast to having Biden as the candidate.

The bookmakers have spoken :eek:

onald Trump's chances of winning the 2024 election have fallen since President Joe Biden announced he would be ending his campaign for reelection, according to bookmakers.

Trump was given a 71 percent chance of winning November's race by multiple U.K. and Ireland-based bookmakers on July 18, as Biden faced pressure to end his reelection bid in the wake of the president's poor CNN debate performance in June, according to Oddschecker.

As of Monday, several bookmakers are now suggesting Trump's chances of winning the 2024 election have fallen to 66 percent, whereas others are saying they have only dipped slightly to 69 percent.
not enough yet though :(

First time I've heard her voice I think. Strong Mary McDonnell in Battlestar Galactica vibes.

E2a: With a tiny hint of Obama's cadence. All in all a strong look, she'll go far I reckon.

Fingers crossed. Biden's stepping down was most definitely not on Trump's bingo card and it's thrown his and his party's 'grand plan' into serious disarray.

With the now widespread endorsement of and support for the very capable and very decent Kamala Harris, he's now so at the mercy of the 'sad old man unfit for office' weapon he was using against Biden. It's delicious irony!

I feel hopeful again.

Last edited:
I didn't realise until this morning when it was kicking off on Twitter about Owen Jones' posts that Harris' hubby is a wealthy Zionist in his own right. So I guess we can't expect a stop of the flow of the weapons if she does win.
Fwiw, I think all this "look at Harris' husband" "look at Starmer's wife" stuff is politically misguided and useless at the very best, and at worst can easily lead in some very bad directions. Of course Harris won't change the US's policy towards Israel, because she's a mainstream Democratic Party politician, and an understanding of world affairs that sees US interests as being aligned with Israel is an important part of the general mainstream Democratic worldview. No spouse-based explanations are needed.

Yeah, at first I felt that all the calls of "Biden is too old, get rid of him" were a trap set by the Republicans. But given how badly they've reacted to Biden dropping out of the race, I'm now wondering if they were banking on the Dems holding fast to having Biden as the candidate.

They absolutely were imo. Their entire campaign (not that it remotely deserves the term since 'campaign' implies thought, work and substance) was built entirely on 'feeble old doddery Joe Biden who doesn't know what day it is'.

Without Joe Biden to insult and disparage, their sad bag of tricks is empty. And I couldn't be happier for them.

They absolutely were imo. Their entire campaign (not that it remotely deserves the term since 'campaign' implies substance) was built entirely on insulting and disparaging 'old feeble, doddery' Joe Biden. Without Joe Biden to insult and disparage, their sad bag of tricks is empty. And I couldn't be happier for them.
aaah, they've got that whole bag full of misogyny that they used eight years ago to fall back on. They'll have the new campaign sussed b y Friday at the latest.

aaah, they've got that whole bag full of misogyny that they used eight years ago to fall back on. They'll have the new campaign sussed b y Friday at the latest.

Oh yeah, that bag's still stuffed to and beyond capacity. It's one of their bigly bags.

Now that they have to move the focus far, far away from 'incapable old men', it'll be interesting to see how they try to unload the racist/misogyny bag.

I feel KH will be more than ready for it, when and however it comes.

Oh yeah, that bag's still stuffed to capacity. It's one of their bigly bags. Now that they have to move the focus away from 'incapable old men', it'll be interesting to see how they try to unload the racist/misogyny bag.

I feel KH will be more than ready for it, when and however it comes.
she had a couple of great attack ads during her 2020 campaign. Unfortunately, she had some shit ones too.

A day later, Pelosi endorses Harris.

Nancy Pelosi, former Speaker of the House, has endorsed Kamala Harris as the Democratic presidential nominee.

"Today it is with immense pride and limitless optimism for our country’s future, that I endorse Vice President Kamala Harris for President of the United States. My enthusiastic support for Kamala Harris for President is official, personal and political," she said in a statement.

"I have full confidence that she will lead us to victory in November."

Obama unlikely to hold out much longer, surely.

Why do you say/think he's holding out? On the contrary, I think he's very wisely doing exactly what he knows needs to be done with regard to KH, based on his own personal POTUS experience.

He imo is being rightly cautious. Very much for her so as not to give any time or room to the racists and the bigots. He knows the dark climate in which his endorsement would be received.

His alleged 'failure to engage' should not for one second be perceived or interpreted as a lack of support for her.

Last edited:
She’s too safe, and although safety would be desirable amidst the current bin fire, I think it’s a poor motivator and people won’t turn out for her, as with Clinton.
Wasn't a major problem with Hilary Clinton that she just came across as stuck-up, arrogant and failed to connect with people... at least that's what my American friends told me at the time..

I know precious little about Harris - but if she comes across as human, then there's hope..

Wasn't a major problem with Hilary Clinton that she just came across as stuck-up, arrogant and failed to connect with people... at least that's what my American friends told me at the time..

I know precious little about Harris - but if she comes across as human, then there's hope..
She does do that. She is approachable & warm

The bookmakers have spoken :eek:

not enough yet though :(
Interesting. Farron is a political scientist and does know his stuff regarding polls. He has picked up on this too, and it's great that the Desperate Cheeto has not got the bounce he expected. This was recorded before Joe pulled out, but still relevant I think.

Obama unlikely to hold out much longer, surely.

One of the stories on the BBC website says that Obama didn't endorse Biden (or anyone) in 2020 and isn't likely to endorse anyone this time.

Apparently he sees himself as an "elder statesman" and won't express a preference, but I'm sure he'll support Harris once she gets the nomination, as now seems inevitable.

Imv a useful and constructive discussion about some of the issues around blocs in the Democrats, the impact of key sections of industrial capitalists and the carrot or stick or combo relationship between the state and the private sector in meeting key objectives of Bidenomics.

Back
Top Bottom