Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johnny Depp Libel Case

Seems like there is no evidence of Depp attacking her but quite a lot of evidence of her attacking him. She sounds like a right scumbag, she also tried to shame her other two famous boyfriends to get money out of them
Have you heard the same news reports as me, cos he sounds like a wife beater to me?

I pissed people off so I will say one thing about Louis CK. Sorry to disrupt the discussion
I follow American comedy and it was a thing even I knew as an internet geek who has never been to USA years before the story broke.
the stuff that he got up to was way before he was a big deal, I think he'd been on TV once. my reaction to it was 'eurgh' but I think people see it in the context of the huge star that he became rather than the gen X struggling comic that he was. I agree with what he said that he was stupid and didn't realise that his behaviour was out of order, but I do think that the context means something.
most people on here seem to be around 40 like me and I'd imagine that for a good chunk of us if we had the success that he had somebody would appear and be able to get their 30 pieces for something shitty that we did back in the day, and definitely knew someone who was like that who turned out ok and shouldn't be fired
but I disrupted the thread so sorry about that
Put the shovel down. You're fine - just try not to do it again taps nose.

Someone’s good standing in the community or what a great bloke his mates think he is tells you exactly 0 about whether he hits his wife.
No, the last 3 weeks of evidence says that.

On the other side Heard has admitted to punching him on at least 2 occasions and a third witness has testified that she threw a vodka bottle at him thst severed the end of his finger.
They also dug up some old footage where Amber's sister was talking about her bruises stating Amber had "beat her ass".

Depp has been leaving handwritten notes and bandanas with fans who have waited for him and shown their support. Prompted me to recall when he bought up masses of Lush Black Pearl bath bombs for the crew when they finished filming.

Heard on the other hand:

Well at least Johnny is a half decent actor. Talk about sociopathic.

I have tried really hard to not come to judgement on either of these two people. Watching that, I feel manipulated. It's rather harder to refrain from judgement after watching that.

Direct sources are marked as USA Today and LA Times but from Wikipedia:

Heard was in a relationship with photographer Tasya van Ree from 2008 to 2012.[73][75] In 2009, Heard was arrested in the state of Washington for misdemeanor domestic violence, allegedly after grabbing van Ree and hitting her arm. Ultimately, no charges were filed against Heard. The police lawfully deleted records of the arrest in 2011 after a request, but the King County District Court retained their own records. In 2016, van Ree defended Heard as the incident went public, stating that Heard had been "wrongfully" accused and that the incident had been "misinterpreted and over-sensationalized"

I'm not trying to discredit her, I'm just trying to provide more pertinent information.

Two people had a shit relationship and abused each possibly one more than another, we can't be sure. No-one gains but the tabloids here. Hope they both heal someday and move on, being better to those around them.

There's money and fame involved, but it's essentially the same for everyone. Christ knows the only way for me to be free of the nightmare relationship I chronicled on here, in a former guise, was to get the way from anything to do with it. Sensible people around them should be getting them out of harm's way

Two people had a shit relationship and abused each possibly one more than another, we can't be sure. No-one gains but the tabloids here. Hope they both heal someday and move on, being better to those around them.

There's money and fame involved, but it's essentially the same for everyone. Christ knows the only way for me to be free of the nightmare relationship I chronicled on here, in a former guise, was to get the way from anything to do with it. Sensible people around them should be getting them out of harm's way
The whole point of this entire exercise being that the most loathsome of tabloids won't gain, but suffer a loss.

It's solicitors who will be taking it in over this.

Seems like there is no evidence of Depp attacking her but quite a lot of evidence of her attacking him. She sounds like a right scumbag, she also tried to shame her other two famous boyfriends to get money out of them

She has donated her divorce settlement money to charity.
I doubt she needs any man's money.

Last edited:
Depp has been leaving handwritten notes and bandanas with fans who have waited for him and shown their support. Prompted me to recall when he bought up masses of Lush Black Pearl bath bombs for the crew when they finished filming.

Heard on the other hand:

Well at least Johnny is a half decent actor. Talk about sociopathic.

Don’t think she came across very well there tbh - was like she was acting a part in a movie.

This case appears to be a textbook example of why you shouldn't believe any of the shite the MSM spews up.

If I was only getting my news from the top of the hour BBC headlines or the cover pages on the tabloids, I'd be thinking "that Johnny Depp fella seems like nasty piece of work" and that is exactly the sum of The Sun's case. Nothing but empty smears.

For anybody who bothers to look deeply into this case the reverse seems to be much more like it. Futhermore it seems that Amber Heard is quite the conniving Narcopath is all of this. This girl seems to be on a one way mission to completely decredit the #MeToo Movement. Ladies. are you still seriously still backing this woman? It's the equivalent of getting a Catholic Priest to run child abuse enquiry.

Why do I say this? Well because there is a montain of evidence in this case to prove exactly that. Hell you could even bore yourself to sleep with the entire transcripts of the case. It's all online and it's very very damming!

Pesonally I agree with this lawyers summing up of this case. I'm pretty sure the judge is going to vindicate JD's name with handsome cheque and if you think that's going to be the last of it forget it! It appears JD is taking her direct to trial in the states at the end of the year or next year. I wonder how much longer the media can hold her up and keep him down? Captains and large unsinkable ships spring to mind.

One side note. JD lawyers played a blinder in this case. They let The Sun's defence team run over and over an edited video which when left to the imagination (with some prompting) had the entire court fearing for AH's safety in a what happened next scenario. Well unknown to The Sun's lawyers, JD's lawyer had the full unedited video and kept it fully under wraps until the 11th hour and 59th minute and nothing of the sort happened. In fact it just showed the nice side of Johnny, I wish I could have been there to see her face!

As previously mentioned, Amber's exploitation of the #metoo and #ibelieveher movements has hoodwinked a lot of people, including many on this thread.

To borrow a boxing term, Johnny needs a knockout to get a draw.

One side note. JD lawyers played a blinder in this case. They let The Sun's defence team run over and over an edited video which when left to the imagination (with some prompting) had the entire court fearing for AH's safety in a what happened next scenario. Well unknown to The Sun's lawyers, JD's lawyer had the full unedited video and kept it fully under wraps until the 11th hour and 59th minute and nothing of the sort happened. In fact it just showed the nice side of Johnny, I wish I could have been there to see her face!

I don't think it works like that outside of TV and films. You cannot just keep your evidence under wraps until the last possible moment and spring it in court, it will have been disclosed to the other side well in advance.

Back
Top Bottom