Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Job ads that say, "Are you passionate about...?"

Christ Almighty. Occasionally, I experience a smidgeon of either guilt or anomie because I am basically a workless slacker (aka benefit scrounger) and feel I am missing out on the thrilling world of careers, so I take a look in this subforum and instantly feel a lot better (sinking gratefully back onto the sofa and mindlessly perusing pictures of plants on the interweb). True, I am perpetually broke but have endless time to do free stuff such as poking about in the greenhouse.

Christ Almighty. Occasionally, I experience a smidgeon of either guilt or anomie because I am basically a workless slacker (aka benefit scrounger) and feel I am missing out on the thrilling world of careers, so I take a look in this subforum and instantly feel a lot better (sinking gratefully back onto the sofa and mindlessly perusing pictures of plants on the interweb). True, I am perpetually broke but have endless time to do free stuff such as poking about in the greenhouse.
Your work on plants and landscaping may not always be rewarded in cash, but it is valuable work nonetheless. You're not a slacker x

One thing that narks me on job ads (usually from the company direct rather through recruitment agents) is no mention of salary banding. Its really bloomin annoying because its the most important thing by miles but I reckon it must put a lot of people off applying.

My company is doing this at the moment with some stupid arse adverts on our website. All that will happen is we end up employing through a recruitment agents and have to pay the commission. One of teh very first things any recruitment agent will tell a potential new employee is the salary banding.

Such a hassle and an expense because you don't want existing employees to find out how much their job is actually worth because you're currently stiffing them.

Back in the days when I was scouring the Monday Guardian for editorial jobs in the trade press I continually came across job descriptions for trade journal press adverts that specified that the candidate must be "passionate about motoring". I was passionate about getting a job in trade journalism, but not about motoring. I never applied for those jobs.

Don't get too complacent. If you end up having to drive a step change while leveraging mutual approaches, you might have a damaging accident. Especially if you were seeing synergies at the time.

Back
Top Bottom