Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

I know this is a throw away comment but I think it's worth using as a jumping off point because it ties together number of the points under discussion.

There is sometimes an idea that during the post-war consensus you have the state being dominant over capital, while since the 70s the reverse has increasingly implied, indeed in this model it is often the withering of the state that has allowed neo-liberalism to occur. So under both the post-war consensus and under neo-liberalism you have the state vs capital, but in both cases this is false. In fact both arrangements required a partnership of the state and capital, and rather than a withering away of the state what we see is an increasing alignment, even synthesis, of capital with the state. Under the post-war consensus the state was integral in developing the skilled workforce required by capital at the time. Under neo-liberalism the state is still crucial to capital, see belboid's example of the bail out of the banks under Obama. That exploitation of labour is not in spite of the state but via the state.

The post-war consensus if not an ideal was at least a model for social-democracy, but that is no longer possible (at least IMO and no one has argued otherwise). Likewise, the Scandinavian countries were typically invoked as models by social-democrats, but they have not been isolated from neo-liberalism either. If the state is not an escape route and you are intent on limiting yourself to working through it, by insisting on legality (so no illegal council budgets, no exportation of banks) as some on this thread are, where do you go? I don't see anywhere else than remaining the managers of cuts to public services, to attacks on workers, etc.

Yes, it was a throwaway comment but I welcome you illuminating some salient points regarding the intertwined world of State and Capital.
I touched on a few of the issues raised in your response while studying my History & Politics degree especially around Capital. I agree that both it and the State apparatus work hand in glove using the workforce as little more than consuming tools.

Sorry for the short reply, I was intending to write a lengthy response all day but I have not had the time.

Apologies for above, I hadn't intended for it to escalate that much. You're doubtless right.

Last edited:
A facebook friend has discovered this masterpiece. I dont know where it comes from. Or who the women with the enormous knockers is. But I felt urban would appreciate it. I really hope its some sort of commemorative plate so i can buy it.

55512175_10157081453229770_117183269228773376_n.jpg

A facebook friend has discovered this masterpiece. I dont know where it comes from. Or who the women with the enormous knockers is. But I felt urban would appreciate it. I really hope its some sort of commemorative plate so i can buy it.

A younger Diane Abbott?

ETA thought you said knickers.

Is it the nude brexit debate woman?

WTF is that? So many questions.

Why does Martin McGuinness have a Star of David?

Why are there six individuals depicted, but only one name given?

Who is the woman given so much prominence? Why is she enveloping Corbyn’s neck in her bosom?

The details such as watch and underwear seams on the unknown woman seem to lend an air of truth to the depiction. What is the message? (I wrote massage by accident and nearly left it).

The Hammer and Sickle, Labour Rose logo, Irish tricolour, and Star of David are prominently featured. What is the connection? Given the publicity Labour has had over anti-semitism, are we to assume different relations between Corbyn and each formal symbol? If so, how?

Furthermore, why did reverse image search not turn up anything?

We need answers.

yes - it is a boatload of fuck knows.

One suggestion on facebook is that bazooker women is vice president of Sinn Fein Michelle O'Neil. Although why she is so prominent and the nature of her connection to Corbyn (i.e none whatsoever) is utterly mystifying.

latest

Im assuming she didn't live model for the particularly striking pose depicted in the painting- so i guess the artist must have been working from a photograph - but i cant find it on the internet despite a lot of research.

seriously though - whoever painted this is seriously deranged. Obsessive anti-republicanism an d hatred of corbyn combined with rampant misogyny (looks the these WHORES! LOOK AT THEM! With their huge breasts!) with a side order of implied racism and anti-semitism.
Ive narrowed it down to about a dozen likely suspects -
2017-06-12_new_31973815_I2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom