Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

I'm not really sure that Corbyns Labour stand much of a chance - there is a great deal of long term unemployment and a great deal of poverty, and a great number of people in West Cumbria who have been completely left behind - which sounds like Corbyn territory -however it's simply impossible to overstate how great a role Sellafeild and the submarine dockyard at Barrow play in the economy of the whole of west Cumbria.

There is simply nothing else - the fag end of tourism from the lakes, but the other industries have gone.

I take the view that a Left party has to be able to win in a constituency like Copeland - in the same way I believe that a Left party has to be able to get the votes of tennant farmers - otherwise it may as well not exist, however a Left party that effectively represents CND and StWc doesn't stand much of a chance in Copeland, and so it won't tell us much about how Labour will do in constituencies that don't have Copelands specific economics.

I will however put £5 on Labour winning with a Corbynite candidate, as I'm fully aware that politics is all over the shop at the moment...

Labour should choose a well known internationalist EU sceptic who isnt a Blairite or from the Hard trade union Right faction as the Brexit vote will be split between tory and ukip and libdems will be squeezed.

So its got to be Red Ken --Corbyn would love that ..

Seriously tho I wouldnt be surprised if both tory and labour end up with low key candidates as this seat will still be marginal in 2020 and the ultra ambitious will be looking for a safer seat.

A new phrase - Corbynisation : Asked about a potential Corbynisation of his party, he [Obama] said: “I don’t worry about that, partly because I think that the Democratic party has stayed pretty grounded in fact and reality."

Corbyn hits back after Obama suggests Labour is disintegrating

Obomberisation of the Democratic Party : using charisma / easy intellect to get away with doing f*ck all of significance for working class folk over 8 years, thereby paving the way for a populist cretin to destroy your dismal political heir and slither from reality TV into the White House

Obomberisation of the Democratic Party : using charisma / easy intellect to get away with doing f*ck all of significance for working class folk over 8 years, thereby paving the way for a populist cretin to destroy your dismal political heir and slither from reality TV into the White House
The last US 'professional politician' trusted by the oligarchs to defend their wealth. From now on they will see to this themselves.

Increasingly inequality, forcing the poor to buy health insurance, standing aside and letting Israel do whatever the fucks it wants (bar a pathetic gesture a week before you step down) - wonderful stuff.

What exactly did you expect from the Democratic Party?

Some damning findings here - buth then again if you ask for views from UKIP-leaning Labour voters, what do you expect:

Labour MPs must isolate themselves from Jeremy Corbyn, says report

"67% of people answered 'don't know' when asked what was the main thing that Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party were saying at the moment"

Ken Loach had something to say (in today's Guardian letters) about that lamentable article from Xmas Eve :

Ken Loach said:
As a Christmas present to Jeremy Corbyn’s critics, you headline a report from a group of Labour MPs hostile to Corbyn, rightwingers you refer to as “moderates” (‘No passion’ – swing voters’ damning verdict on Corbyn and Labour party, 24 December). The report is based on focus groups of Ukip sympathisers and – surprise, surprise – advises those same MPs to “isolate from Jeremy”. Just what they want to hear. You then repeat playground insults from the same source.

Any disarray or disunity in the party is the responsibility of those MPs. They attack Corbyn and John McDonnell day after day, refusing to promote party policy on jobs, housing, transport or the NHS, the core concerns of those they should represent. They offer no support, in parliament or outside. Worst of all, they show contempt for the hundreds of thousands of new members, mainly Corbyn supporters, who have made Labour the largest political party in Europe.

This bunch of political losers are intent on the destruction of a Labour party they cannot control.
Ken Loach
Sixteen Films, London

:cool:

FridgeMagnet said:
Well, it _was_ shit. "We did a focus group of people who don't like Corbyn. They didn't like Corbyn. This proves that the Labour party needs to dump Corbyn. _Science._"

I know ... when I read the original piece on Xmas Eve, my immediate thought was : How to best get the conclusion you were all along looking for.

'Focus Group' my arse .... :hmm:

The sooner the guardian collapses the better. It needs replacing with a paper that might represent folks in this country and not the bliarite middle class spunk stain it is. Make sure yiu use an ad blocker.

Ken Loach had something to say (in today's Guardian letters) about that lamentable article from Xmas Eve :

:cool:

The Guardian censor Ken Loach’s letter

screenshot_2016-12-27-19-16-26-11.png

What exactly did you expect from the Democratic Party?

Zilch - but having a couple with the Obamas charm, intellect and personal integrity ( certainly in comparison to the various preceding dolts) , + with all the symbolic hope + promise that the first Afro American couple in the WH would inevtably bring, and THEN have the usual f*ck all happen ( divided Congress + and ever present limitations of the post helping make that inevitable ) , has arguably Obamised the DP + poured fuel on the economic fires that helped bring about Trump.

Last edited:
I know this isn't very nice but, ignore the politics for a second, even for a politician Corbyn is really fucking weird. Paul Mason, who isn't exactly the sort of person that you would call a normal people person recognises this, and obviously thinks that Corbyn is really weird too.

I was under the impression that the whole plan was this - democratise the Labour Party, let Corbyn take the flak from that and then get someone in who doesn't seem as weird to come in as the new person who doesn't have a history of going on PressTV, RT, calling Hamas friends etc. OK, well, Corbyn hasn't managed much of the democratising the Labour Party bit at all, so surely there is no more need for him to be leader and the leadership can be passed to someone like Lewis or Rayner?

I know this isn't very nice but, ignore the politics for a second, even for a politician Corbyn is really fucking weird. Paul Mason, who isn't exactly the sort of person that you would call a normal people person recognises this, and obviously thinks that Corbyn is really weird too.

I was under the impression that the whole plan was this - democratise the Labour Party, let Corbyn take the flak from that and then get someone in who doesn't seem as weird to come in as the new person who doesn't have a history of going on PressTV, RT, calling Hamas friends etc. OK, well, Corbyn hasn't managed much of the democratising the Labour Party bit at all, so surely there is no more need for him to be leader and the leadership can be passed to someone like Lewis or Rayner?
He hasn't been leader for very long, and much of that time I guess he has been occupied with other things outside his control.

Corbyn ceratinly cares and cares very much but I am not sure he cares nor craves power it is his principles that he cares about and possibly believes that his principles will win through. In a way similar to Michael Foot, who was very clever and principled and never believed he would ever win an election.

Too weak to win, too strong to die. No Labour pacts with other parties, says shadow minister

Back
Top Bottom