Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

I had totally forgotten who UB40 were and thought that the press conference thing was a bit silly but given the absolutely bizarre journalistic attacks on it I have decided that I am very much in favour.

i don't like their music but have a lot of respect for ub40. formed when ali campbell got some money from criminal injuries compo and bought his mates musical instruments.
they get slagged off for the amount of covers they did but for them it was partly about the musicians they loved getting some financial compensation as most of them had been ripped off in the sixties.
later on they built a recording studio in wednesbury for sandwell college.
i think they fit in quite well with what corbyn is saying about the arts.

I studied at that studio in Sandwell college for my HND , iirc it was at the Smethwick campus, we were taught by their sound engineer Alan Caves :thumbs:

had their gold discs in the corridors and everything
my apologies, it was the photography dept that was based in wednesbury.
some of my mates did sound engineering hnd's at sandwell. 96-98 ish.

that's when I was there ( 97-99 ish ), well half the year we were based at Salford uni then the rest at Smethwick, ask your friends if they stayed at the legendary Bolton Court...

we may well have known each other :)

that's when was there ( 97-99 ish ), well half the year we were based at Salford uni then the rest at Smethwick, ask your friends if they stayed at the legendary Bolton Court...

we may well have known each other :)
i used to sell a lot of black at bolton court! mike, marie, sarah and pete, they lived over the red cow in smethwick.

I was good mates with all of them, and used to frequent the red cow all the time when they lived there !!

Still see Sarah occasionally

small world.. :) (PM sent as to not derail thread )

Nothing wrong with union jack pants. Buy enough pairs and you get to rub yr arse and yr knob and / or fanny all over the flag every day.

Current members - wild eyed Pro-Corbyn Faction
  • Jimmy Brown (born 20 November 1957, Birmingham) – drums (December 1978 – present)
  • Robin Campbell (born 25 December 1954, Birmingham) – guitar, vocals (December 1978 – present)
  • Earl Falconer (born 23 January 1959, Birmingham) – bass guitar (December 1978 – present)
  • Norman Hassan (Arabic: نورمان حسن‎‎; born 26 January 1958, Birmingham) – percussion, trombone, vocals (December 1978 – present)
  • Brian Travers (born 7 February 1959, Birmingham) – saxophone (December 1978 – present)
  • Duncan Campbell (born 3 April 1958, Birmingham, England) – vocals (April 2008 – present)
Former members - Running Dogs
  • Ali Campbell (born Alistair Campbell, 15 February 1959, Birmingham) – guitar, vocals (December 1978 – January 2008)
  • Yomi Babayemi – percussion (December 1978 - February 1979)
  • Jimmy Lynn – keyboards (December 1978 - February 1979)
  • Mickey Virtue (born Michael Virtue, 19 January 1957, Birmingham) – keyboards (February 1979 – February 2008)
  • Astro (born Terence Wilson, 24 June 1957, Birmingham) – percussion, trumpet, vocals (March 1979 – November 2013

5/6 of band are originals - and they have 5/8 of the original members.

5/8 x 40/1 = UB25 ............ oh, fuck, you're right. :D

One of the one seven two,
Am I on your list?
One of the one seven two,
Bet you wish I didn't exist?
Though no-one wants me,
I still cling on there,
A statistic, a reminder,
The PLP doesn`t care

Back
Top Bottom