Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Mason appears to be getting quite wild - seeing string pullers everywhere, using buzzwords and banging out 0 instead of o numerous times. He suggests that Smith cannot win, but that his true role is to be a placeholder - something he surely can only do if he wins. And when he wins the power behind him will be...wait for it Brenda Dean and David Blunkett and behind them a single millionaire with no background clout or backing in the party. I think he needs some kip and a decent meal in him - and reading something other than stuff about the period leading up to the october revolution.

Mason appears to be getting quite wild - seeing string pullers everywhere, using buzzwords and banging out 0 instead of o numerous times. He suggests that Smith cannot win, but that his true role is to be a placeholder - something he surely can only do if he wins. And when he wins the power behind him will be...wait for it Brenda Dean and David Blunkett and behind them a single millionaire with no background clout or backing in the party. I think he needs some kip and a decent meal in him - and reading something other than stuff about the period leading up to the october revolution.
Sure you're right, but they must be up to something... surely?

Sure you're right, but they must be up to something... surely?
Of course they are, but Mason's article is just a mess of well established banalities (and contradictory ones at that at times) and a general counsel to people under attack to prepare for an attack. I really think he needs to calm down and stop acting as if he's reporting from and interpreting the frontlines of history when he's basically just saying what everyone knows and expects (and not just him, loads of people i respected as people who would keep their heads seem to have gone the same way). He's really annoying me recently.

Of course they are, but Mason's article is just a mess of well established banalities (and contradictory ones at that at times) and a general counsel to people under attack to prepare for an attack. I really think he needs to calm down and stop acting as if he's reporting from and interpreting the frontlines of history when he's basically just saying what everyone knows and expects (and not just him, loads of people i respected as people who would keep their heads seem to have gone the same way). He's really annoying me recently.

I suspect he's been on the pop a bit too much.

I don't think everyone does know or expect all that stuff though.
Anyone whose been following all this stuff has been saying for ages once corbyn wins there be another struggle - one based possibly on parliamentary cold shouldering by the PLP to further drive a wedge then followed up with legal action on the basis that the PLP is now the effective labour party etc - we've literally been talking about that for months on here haven't we. I certainly know it's been part of the wider expectation by the people i know who've got a dog in this fight anyway.

yes. but where was the 'jaw-jaw' before your falklands and kuwait? eh?

US ambassador to Iraq told Saddam that the US would regard any invasion as a local matter.... Falklands, Argentina was strongly inflenced by a debate in House of Commons a few months before where budget cuts reduced the Royal Navy support for the Island.

The NEC can do this can they not? Which will be under control of corbyn allies shortly?
The current rules have reselection happening in the run up to an (expected) election. Regardless of the rules of how that reselection process is carried out, I can't see that there's any point in doing it this far ahead and having a load of deselected MPs still in parliament with time to organise properly for the election as a split off party or whatever.

i ask again, where was the jaw-jaw?
in the Commons as I said. Thats the point. Those looking to covert things will look at the internal jaw-jaw and it can influence their actions.

Very much a "I wouldn't start from here" position though: There should have been far more internal discussion of NATO expansion BEFORE it happened.

in the Commons as I said. Thats the point. Those looking to covert things will look at the internal jaw-jaw and it can influence their actions.
utterly utterly irrelevant. by 'jaw-jaw' i meant - as well you know - discussions between countries - BETWEEN countries - better than war. not 'oh but they took this signal from that' bollocks.

The current rules have reselection happening in the run up to an (expected) election. Regardless of the rules of how that reselection process is carried out, I can't see that there's any point in doing it this far ahead and having a load of deselected MPs still in parliament with time to organise properly for the election as a split off party or whatever.

So he can call for reselections. You've just decided it's not the right time.

A lovely lass I hear.
latest

Back
Top Bottom