Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

its the line now. Complain about 'abuse' which is mild barracking or political disagreement, invoke the memory of a recently dead colleague (classy). That and the corbyns a misogynist line. I'm suprised she didn't manage to shoehorn his massive hatred of jewish people in there somwhere
Another classic was she complained about her family being harassed, so she took photos of the inside of her house when the locks were apparently being changed , complete with a picture of all the names of her kids written on the wall :facepalm:

I don't think there's much to be gained from criticising Philips on this tbh. Her colleague was recently murdered, and she does get the vilest abuse imaginable (threats to pour molten metal into her vagina etc). I think it's probably ok for her to complain about it, and to be worried. Challenging her just looks like victim blaming.

So? Saying that a woman shouldn't have got so drunk/walked home late at night isn't condoning her being raped either, but it's still victim blaming.

It really isn't a good look. I don't know what the way forward is on this stuff, but telling women to argue less on twitter isn't it.
it is strange how frequently 'the way forward' is confused for 'what i consider a desirable outcome'

Last edited:
So? Saying that a woman shouldn't have got so drunk/walked home late at night isn't condoning her being raped either, but it's still victim blaming.

It really isn't a good look. I don't know what the way forward is on this stuff, but telling women to argue less on twitter isn't it.
It isn't 'telling women'. It's telling a politician who is a woman. There's a massive difference, particularly when she herself attempts to make political capital out of the abuse she's receiving by deliberately conflating it with valid criticism, which she very certainly is doing.

It isn't 'telling women'. It's telling a politician who is a woman. There's a massive difference, particularly when she herself attempts to make political capital out of the abuse she's receiving by deliberately conflating it with valid criticism, which she very certainly is doing.
Right. So pull her up on that then, rather than saying she argues too much on twitter.

Back
Top Bottom