Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

D
oh believe me I do like seeing the labour right taking a kicking, but I don't trust the labour left at all. They compromise at our expense, always have. I'll cheer from the sidelines but no vote. No membership. Its not what I want. Even at its best its a negotiator with capital, and fights a corner. Theres one soltion I'm afraid. Sure They might make things easier under capital by doing the soc/dem dance but it never lasts and its never got rid of our ancien regime

Don't take the piss here

Maybe with a bit more support in Spain we could have avoided the second world war.

I would have been in a camp and my daughter is called Rosa.

Maybe you would have been in a camp too, we shouldn't fight too much.

I mean no mockery I just love that tune. and yes I would have been behind the wire. They came for the reds as well
I don't doubt. They would have me twice and the other daughter 3 times.

Which side are you on is the defining song. We need to stick together even when we disagree.

I got it with the miners strike; some of the other fights were easier to define.

Even if Scargill was a bit of a nob, it was important to support them.

if yer in the mood for political music try 'Ghosts of Cable Street' the video is fantastic (its footage from the battle of cable street. Good couple of shots of mosely looking like a man who realises hes just fucked up badly). Fighty song.

if yer in the mood for political music try 'Ghosts of Cable Street' the video is fantastic (its footage from the battle of cable street. Good couple of shots of mosely looking like a man who realises hes just fucked up badly). Fighty song.

I'll check that out tomorrow, thanks. One of my favorite hobbies is winding up shaving labour. It may work in more than one way.

What a pleasant conversation to wake up to of a Sunday morning ta both :)

Ta for the Pete Seeger Which Side are you on timeforanother . The other substitute (although I've not really kept up with Bragg to know why he's so disliked) is World Turned Upside Down. I saw Tofu Love Frogs do it 20 years ago and I'd never heard anything like it. This one will do nicely though:

I'd not heard of Dick Gaughan but then played

Fuck me the lyrics on that: :D Stand Up For Judas - Dick Gaughan's Song Archive

There may be plenty of disappointments to be found in parliamentary politics, but given that capitalism is still here and shows no sign of going away soon, I would say that revolutionary purism has been just as disappointing.

Feudalism hasn't given us the wealth redistribution and equality we were hoping for, but as the same people seem to end up in charge whatever we might as well stick with it.

What a pleasant conversation to wake up to of a Sunday morning ta both :)

Ta for the Pete Seeger Which Side are you on timeforanother . The other substitute (although I've not really kept up with Bragg to know why he's so disliked) is World Turned Upside Down. I saw Tofu Love Frogs do it 20 years ago and I'd never heard anything like it. This one will do nicely though:

I'd not heard of Dick Gaughan but then played

Fuck me the lyrics on that: :D Stand Up For Judas - Dick Gaughan's Song Archive

It's not his song.

Re: Novara interview......I'm astonished at that Guardian hack's criticism Corbyn's integrity, claiming he lacked 'dynamism' as he's beliefs haven't wavered.

Jesus fucking wept.

For some of the liberal left, the sort of dynamism that means changing your opinions every five minutes based on what other wiberals are saying, is their version of "permanent revolution".

The other substitute (although I've not really kept up with Bragg to know why he's so disliked) is World Turned Upside Down.

When the Southbank Centre was up for redevelopment he wrote an article (for the graun of course) endorsing the demolition of the undercroft (the skater bit). Adopted the language of 'pop-ups', praised Lambeth council and generally went on as though his own projects were more important than the 40 year history of skating in the UK. It was his vision of a sort of capitalist utopia, homeless people tending the gardens so they can work again, local pop up businesses; all working to the sound of his 'big busk'. With the skaters in their custom-built new place a few hundred meters down the road.

All this from his house in Dorset.

Also wrote some stuff back when Occupy was occupying; along the lines of 'we shouldn't see this as anti-cap, just anti corporate lobbying'.

Last edited:
Moneybags Michael Foster, the man who thought he could use his large pile of loot to rig the leadership election, goes one step further with this smear job in the Heil on Sunday. According to him, Jeremy Corbyn leads a gang of "Nazi stormtroopers". As a Jew, he's pissing on the memories of those who died at the hands of the Nazis. What a squalid cunt of a man.

Foster also seems to have forgetten the history of the paper that's published his article. This man isn't a Jew; he's a fraud.

Moneybags Michael Foster, the man who thought he could use his large pile of loot to rig the leadership election, goes one step further with this smear job in the Heil on Sunday. According to him, Jeremy Corbyn leads a gang of "Nazi stormtroopers". As a Jew, he's pissing on the memories of those who died at the hands of the Nazis. What a squalid cunt of a man.

Foster also seems to have forgetten the history of the paper that's published his article. This man isn't a Jew; he's a fraud.

Truly shocking, people should sue him.

_90782163_sunday-times.jpg

Bottom column.

You can have a version of the proper diggers song here (not an endorsement of the band, though i love this album of english rebel songs they did)

There are reasons to be proud of our heritage.

If we want to name a few, I'd add the Lancashire mill workers who went hungry against slavery.

Back
Top Bottom