Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Yes to all of that, but I do hope he wins. If nothing else because Labour winning Islington North would be the piece de resistance of Starmer's victory in the Labour Party. But yes, if there's to be any left progress, I don't think it starts with Corbyn.
I think there is (slightly) more chance of Galloway winning than Corbyn. GG being the basis for any 'left' revival is horrifying.

Yes to all of that, but I do hope he wins. If nothing else because Labour winning Islington North would be the piece de resistance of Starmer's victory in the Labour Party. But yes, if there's to be any left progress, I don't think it starts with Corbyn.
Does anyone think it does?

I can see why someone might see him winning as an achievable aim that they can help with. Something to give two cheers for. That's all.

There will precious little else to cheer for tomorrow, and maybe not even this. non-entity private healthcare boy to win instead. :(

But sometimes you just have to try, no?

An easy win for Corbyn it seems.

1. Independent,Jeremy Corbyn​

• Votes 24,120
    • Share 49.2%
    • Share change +49.2
  2. labour.svg
    Labour,Praful Nargund​

• Votes 16,873
    • Share 34.4%
    • Share change -29.9
  3. green.svg
    Green,Sheridan Kates​

• Votes 2,660
    • Share 5.4%
    • Share change -2.6
  4. conservative.svg
    Conservative,Karen Harries​

• Votes 1,950
    • Share 4.0%
    • Share change -6.2
  5. reformuk.svg
    Reform UK,Martyn Nelson​

• Votes 1,710
    • Share 3.5%
    • Share change +2.1
  6. liberal_democrat.svg
    Liberal Democrat,Vikas Aggarwal​

• Votes 1,661
    • Share 3.4%
    • Share change -12.2
  7. independent.svg
    Independent,Paul Josling​

• Votes 32
    • Share 0.1%
    • Share change +0.1
Change compared with 2019

An easy win for Corbyn it seems.

1. Independent,Jeremy Corbyn​

• Votes 24,120
    • Share 49.2%
    • Share change +49.2
  2. labour.svg
    Labour,Praful Nargund​

• Votes 16,873
    • Share 34.4%
    • Share change -29.9
  3. green.svg
    Green,Sheridan Kates​

• Votes 2,660
    • Share 5.4%
    • Share change -2.6
  4. conservative.svg
    Conservative,Karen Harries​

• Votes 1,950
    • Share 4.0%
    • Share change -6.2
  5. reformuk.svg
    Reform UK,Martyn Nelson​

• Votes 1,710
    • Share 3.5%
    • Share change +2.1
  6. liberal_democrat.svg
    Liberal Democrat,Vikas Aggarwal​

• Votes 1,661
    • Share 3.4%
    • Share change -12.2
  7. independent.svg
    Independent,Paul Josling​

• Votes 32
    • Share 0.1%
    • Share change +0.1
Change compared with 2019
Nearly 50%, class.

This thread's been going for 8 years now. :D

You're a man ahead of his time hash tag :D
I take no pride is noting that Labour had a resounding victory without him :(
They would have had an even bigger victory had they kept him and not fucked up over
Faiza Shaheen but whats done is done and it is no use crying over spilt milk. They have to
work with what they have. In opposition, JC will be able to call out Labour without the
Labpur whip and being sanctioned by them. Every cloud.....

So where did all that "too close to call"/"Labour's well ahead" stuff come from, then?

Bad, but I think honest polls. Constituency level polling is very unreliable, but the polls did consistently show Corbyn losing and it's not too unreasonable for people to draw that conclusion since it's the only data we had.

Bad, but I think honest polls. Constituency level polling is very unreliable, but the polls did consistently show Corbyn losing and it's not too unreasonable for people to draw that conclusion since it's the only data we had.
everyone knows psephology and opinion polls are mind games for the middle classes

I must have told this story before, but when I did market research in Belfast I once had to do a job about people's sunday newspaper habits. I met quite a few auld fellas who obviously thought "right, I'll have a bit of fun with this lad". I think they were having fun because they'd say - "look son, don't tell the wife, but I read the Sunday Sport", and then they'd wink at me.

Anyway, back in head office they must have thought "wow loads of people in West Belfast read the Sunday Sport, we didn't expect that."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom