Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Clarkson: strikers should be "executed in front of their families"

I can't imagine anyone in real life ever saying shit like "you caused Jeremy Clarkson, with you APATHY!".

I mean ffs he's a caricature tv show presenter not a fucking holocaust.

Yes, I'm aware he's a caricature of a human being but he's no Alan Partridge.

"When did Britain become totally po-faced? "

That's a question, not an expression of annoyance. If I was annoyed I'd probably have used the irate smiley thing, like you're supposed to just so everybody can be sure. This is the society we're living in.

Bit odd that when Brand and Ross made jokes about sex and suicide they were fired and suspended, and when Clarkson makes jokes about murder and suicide there's no repercussions.
I thought this too. If Clarkson made a racist or sexist comment like this he would be in the shit. If Russell Brand said all the women ive shagged should be executed he would be locked up. Its somehow ok to say that about millions of people who strike for one day. Its the subject thats the difference, could you imagine Clarkson getting away with saying this about people protesting against the government in Syria? Why is it ok here? It is disgusting and playing it down just reinforces the neo liberal ideals being rammed down our throats by the kind of drivel paraded as entertainment by the likes Clarkson.

That's a question, not an expression of annoyance. If I was annoyed I'd probably have used the irate smiley thing, like you're supposed to just so everybody can be sure. This is the society we're living in.
You asked the question so it clearly does annoy you.

I thought this too. If Clarkson made a racist or sexist comment like this he would be in the shit. If Russell Brand said all the women ive shagged should be executed he would be locked up. Its somehow ok to say that about millions of people who strike for one day. Its the subject thats the difference, could you imagine Clarkson getting away with saying this about people protesting against the government in Syria? Why is it ok here? It is disgusting and playing it down just reinforces the neo liberal ideals being rammed down our throats by the kind of drivel paraded as entertainment by the likes Clarkson.

have you watched the clip in full, do you think he was serious?

I don't like Clarkson cos he's an ignorant gobshite though he claims some of that back by the fact it's pretty self aware and deliberate, which is more than can be said for the knee jerk moralistic wank being spouted by various offended liberals.

and if you think comments like Clarkson's work as neo liberal propaganda you need help.

Not in the same league as Kenny Everett appearing at a Tory event shouting from the stage: "Let's bomb the Russians". Nothing surprising from Clarkson whose clearly on a wind-up, a piss poor one at that.

I don't like Clarkson cos he's an ignorant gobshite though he claims some of that back by the fact it's pretty self aware and deliberate, which is more than can be said for the knee jerk moralistic wank being spouted by various offended liberals.

and if you think comments like Clarkson's work as neo liberal propaganda you need help.

Telling people who disagree with you that they need help, is very Clarkson.

I dont think he was serious, I would largely agree with you but the attitude to 'strikers' is clearly different to other groups of people.

I dont think he was serious, I would largely agree with you but the attitude to 'strikers' is clearly different to other groups of people.

probably because strikers are defined by their actions and not something like skin colour or sex etc.

I mean if you want to go down that route you'd be able to argue that saying all bankers are cunts is discrimination on a par with sexism and racism.

The corporation said in a statement: "The One Show is a live topical programme which often reflects the day's talking points. Usually we get it right, but on this occasion we feel the item wasn't perfectly judged. The BBC and Jeremy would like to apologise for any offence caused".

Mr Clarkson said: "I didn't for a moment intend these remarks to be taken seriously - as I believe is clear if they're seen in context. If the BBC and I have caused any offence, I'm quite happy to apologise for it alongside them."

So no appology for taking the piss out of suicide victims then.

So no appology for taking the piss out of suicide victims then.

yeah that was a far worse comment precisely because it wasn't as outrageous or said with the intent at taking the piss, it is precisely the kind of horrible everyday attitude that you do encounter from some people, an inability to see beyond how something is an inconvenience to them.

as such I'd say it's far more in keeping with neo liberal propaganda than a gag about shooting strikers in front of their families.

yeah that was a far worse comment precisely because it wasn't as outrageous or said with the intent at taking the piss,

It was the suicide comments that left me (and the presenters) agog. He wouldn't have dared to make a Gary Speed joke, so why make a joke at the expense of other recent suicide victims?

Not in the same league as Kenny Everett appearing at a Tory event shouting from the stage: "Let's bomb the Russians". Nothing surprising from Clarkson whose clearly on a wind-up, a piss poor one at that.

Everett was also on a wind-up.

391885_2782522281375_1207761958_3212822_1136322161_n.jpg

Unsurprisingly Camerons playing it down. I could just imagine his reaction if Bob Crow said bankers should be executed in front of their families.

Whatever else Bob Crow may be, he can't be equated with a daft TV personality whose fans like him precisely because he's a bit of a buffoon. Unlike Crow he organises nobody politically.

Back
Top Bottom