Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Clarkson: strikers should be "executed in front of their families"

Quite.

Clarkson isn't real. He's a media construct, designed to elicit certain responses and appeal to certain people, which he does extraordinarily well.

So what you're saying is that he could be executed - say, in front of his family - and it would be no loss to humanity? :)

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a twat. But as someone who has campaigned for years on mental health issues, and who experiences depression, I would say suicide is selfish.

perhaps, but its a bit of a callous viewpoint, to condemn someone in that state of desperation as being guilty of a moral failure

a mate of mine topped himself by jumping in front of a train, he was only 17, his selfishness was the last thing on most peoples minds, quite probably including his

My 2p worth - ending one's life in a very public manner such as jumping in front of a train, is selfish and a bit of a "fuck you" to people IMO, whether consciously or unconsciously. There are other ways of doing it which are more private and cause less disruption/trauma to people. And I say this as someone who has had a close relative jump in front of a train.

Some people have said Clarkson has been taken out of context with his "shooting strikers in front of their families" comment. So what exatly is the context for this type of thing, so soon after the Norway massacre?

How does it fit in with funny?

Marina Hyde said:
there are two kinds of jokes about incitement to violence. There's the kind you make on The One Show, which sells your DVD, and there's the kind you make on your obscure little Facebook page that gets you a four-year sentence, as happened during the summer unrest with a pair in Northwich who didn't even turn up to their own "riot" (nor did anybody except the police).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/dec/02/jeremy-clarkson-rebel-cause-dvds

First decent point I've seen about Clarkson, But then I have, as usual, been doing my best to ignore him.

what's it got to do with the Norway massacre?
What does someone saying that trade unionists deserve murder have to do with people murdering labour party activists? Not that great a leap, surely?

Breivik was a big fan of the littlejohns of this world

What does someone saying that trade unionists deserve murder have to do with people murdering labour party activists? Not that great a leap, surely?

Breivik was a big fan of the littlejohns of this world
Is Littlejohn joking then?. Been reading him all wrong.

In a nutshell: he's saying what his mate Cameron would like to say. You can almost imagine the conversation they have during their regular soirées.

Besides having him sent to a Gulag it would be remiss of me not to hide all his promotional junk when I next go to the shops. I'll have to give some thought as to where to hide his dvd's.

:p

Because its an act of desperation and sometimes desperate people don't think or behave rationally.
Yes, I agree that suicide is an act of desperation; that being the case the poor suicide is totally exempt from any selfish motive, in my eyes, anyway. It's a big topic this, and Clarkson is still a c....you know what!

To suggest suicide is a selfish acts assumes a rational thought process to arrive at that conclusion. I would argue that a person taking their life is in no mind to consider such things. Rather they are experiencing a fog of some deep emotional pain which negates any rational thought processes.

I'd agree, also the BBC knew about his 'joke' beforehand and then threw their hands up in faux horror and hollow apologies....

As for Clarkson, here's hoping that pathetic little weasel Hammond give's him a lift home after the Top Gear xmas party in a fast car.
Do you know what, I think you're on to something there and now you've mentioned it I agree with you that the BBC knew all about his joke. The presenters' facial expressions displaying shock, horror were somewhat am dram! What a bunch of wankers.

personally I hope people grow the fuck up...

Comedian TV personality known for ractionary and near the knuckle comic comments makes near the knuckle comic comment and is chastised for making near the knuckle comic comment shockah....

In other news grey is grey when viewed though a grey light in a grey room.

Murdoch is a lying cunt proved by him lying and being a cunt when shown to be a vagina and not telling the truth...

effete liberal babies take offense at any joke outside of their mandated and prescription humour as being a very bad thing which their should be laws against...

gok gok gok

My 2p worth - ending one's life in a very public manner such as jumping in front of a train, is selfish and a bit of a "fuck you" to people IMO, whether consciously or unconsciously. There are other ways of doing it which are more private and cause less disruption/trauma to people. And I say this as someone who has had a close relative jump in front of a train.

Its personal to me as well, a young Hungarian friend of mine about three years ago jumped in front of a tube train In london aged 26, her sister had done exactly the same when she was 26. I didn't know her state of mind at the time, hadn't seen her for some time, but I suspect people and i include my friend jump in front of trains, beacuse there is no going back, its not a cry for help, but an ending, though a brutal one. I don't think given the torment they are in they consider the driver, etc, but of course we can't really know...

Its personal to me as well, a young Hungarian friend of mine about three years ago jumped in front of a tube train In london aged 26, her sister had done exactly the same when she was 26. I didn't know her state of mind at the time, hadn't seen her for some time, but I suspect people and i include my friend jump in front of trains, beacuse there is no going back, its not a cry for help, but an ending, though a brutal one. I don't think given the torment they are in they consider the driver, etc, but of course we can't really know...

if you were that ill you probably wouldn't would you? :( i think it gets to the point where they can't even consider it any more :( :(

My 2p worth - ending one's life in a very public manner such as jumping in front of a train, is selfish and a bit of a "fuck you" to people IMO, whether consciously or unconsciously. There are other ways of doing it which are more private and cause less disruption/trauma to people.

well i can only guess, but i think in my mates case it was the immediacy of it, we all knew he was pretty fucked up, but i dont know if he was in a state where he'd have planned a suicide - he was pissed, the train was coming, he jumped, a split second later he may not have made that decision, who can tell - but i think thats the point about that kind of suicide, there isnt time for a rational judgement

and whilst i do feel for the poor guy driving the train, i feel a lot more for my mate and what his family went through afterwards - im not sure how a moral judgement helps at all in that situation

Crock of shit which demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of, and empathy with, human nature.

Back
Top Bottom