Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeff Bezos's space ambitions and the New Shepard spacecraft - news and discussion

Wonder what's on the in-flight movie playlist?

• High Life
  • Sunshine
  • Event Horizon
  • Alien

Given it's barely ten minuets from launch to landing they'll have to play the in-flight movie bloody quickly!

The steward/ess will have to be pretty sharpish with the drinks trolley too.

It's all a bit low tech with the crew scrambling into a regular SUV. They look like they're going on a camping trip. not a pretend trip to space!

Either he really wants to go into space on a big space willy or his willy doesn't look like other people's willies. I can't decide which.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you'll be watching it hoping for a fireball. If there isn't you'll be disappointed. If theres is it won't matter if you miss it since you will be able to watch it over and over again.
no. i don't want anyone to die. it's an "event" is why i'm watching.

that it's a thrilling and frankly humbling event is something i could do without hearing non-stop for 90 minutes - i'd rather be watching them doing the buttons and stuff :thumbs:

I hope Bezos gets bludgeoned to death by his irritated crew after repeatedly prefixing every noun with the the word ‘space’.
Bezos: can you please pass me the space biscuit on a space saucer?
Crew: AAAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!

"Investigators later determined that the spacecraft had begun its descent at the time the fatal blow was delivered, meaning Bezos will not be able to claim the title of first murder victim in space."

Kinda interesting that it's all remote control and there's nothing anyone on board could do if it goes a bit wrong. Branson had a pilot and co-pilot in comparison.

Branson - glorified aeroplane that goes quite high
Bezos - rocket powered cock that’s shot its load after 10 mins
Musk - crewed flights to the ISS, as well as regular supply ships and a network of orbiting high speed internet satellites.

I think one billionaire has already won this particular “race”.

The capsule has "RSS First Step" written on it.

1626785728965.png

You'd think, with all the coders at Amazon, they'd have come up with something a bit more modern than RSS.

Back
Top Bottom