Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeff Bezos's space ambitions and the New Shepard spacecraft - news and discussion

Was in a meeting which was scheduled at the same at time as the launch :mad:

So I apologised to my colleagues and watched the launch anyway :thumbs:

Not sure they were terribly impressed.

What is impressive is Shatner turning into a gibbering idiot as he talks to Bezos :D

Not sure what Shatner's personal politics are like, but the Captain Kirk character might have told Bezos to go fuck himself.

Blue Origin ... originates in the worst of capitalism and represents a terrible beginning to civilian space travel, a process that Bezos and most Americans unfortunately think of in terms of an act of “colonization”.

Blue Origin should be the antithesis of all that is Star Trek, and in many ways, it is. Star Trek’s universe is one in which humanity has overcome its differences and established the one world state of the United Earth Government, and eventually a cross species alliance under the United Federation of Planet – often just called the Federation. Humanity eliminated poverty, currency, and capitalism as we know it. This allowed the United Earth Government to more effectively utilize its resources for projects like space travel and bringing dignity to all of the people of Earth.

Because it's a ridiculous stance. He didn't pay for it. It was a freebie, A freebie for a 90 year old bloke that you'd grab with both hands if it was offered to you too (if you're capable of being honest)
I would grab it with both hands in order to tell Bezos what I think of him and give him a slap on the way into the capsule. Then they'd call off the launch so that Astronaut Bezos could have his fat lip attended to. It's pointless to go into orbit for a few seconds and come down. It's just a plane journey but a bit higher, with no destination except a bit of desert in texas. I don't understand anyone, particularly you, who's enthusiastic about this disgusting waste of money, funded by exploiting people on poverty wages and bankrupting lots of small businesses. I do buy from Amazon but only when there's no alternative. Maybe one purchase a year. I'd much rather buy on ebay and wait a day or two longer for delivery and collect from Argos, which helps keep them going and gives a delivery van one less reason to drive in London.

I would grab it with both hands in order to tell Bezos what I think of him and give him a slap on the way into the capsule. Then they'd call off the launch so that Astronaut Bezos could have his fat lip attended to. It's pointless to go into orbit for a few seconds and come down. It's just a plane journey but a bit higher, with no destination except a bit of desert in texas. I don't understand anyone, particularly you, who's enthusiastic about this disgusting waste of money, funded by exploiting people on poverty wages and bankrupting lots of small businesses. I do buy from Amazon but only when there's no alternative. Maybe one purchase a year. I'd much rather buy on ebay and wait a day or two longer for delivery and collect from Argos, which helps keep them going and gives a delivery van one less reason to drive in London.

You're a bit of a penis, aren't you?

The bloke just took a free trip into space!

I’d have done that if it was sponsored by the KKK in conjunction with the Margaret Thatcher appreciation society.

Would a 10-minute joyride to the edge of space really be worth being known as "that KKK rocket dickhead" for the rest of your life?

Would a 10-minute joyride to the edge of space really be worth being known as "that KKK rocket dickhead" for the rest of your life?

Fuck yes!

Space flight is my ultimate bucket-dream and has been since I knew what it was. It's never going to be affordable to me within my lifetime so I'd take it however I could get it, and it's not as if I have a reputation to maintain!

I like the fact that when Branson tried to get Shatner onto his spaceship but expected him to pay, he said fuck that, I'm not paying for it when you get all this free publicity. I admire his savviness, and laugh at Branson's amateurishness. Cuz this has to be about the biggest bump of publicity Bezos could ever have hoped for.

Don't get me wrong, I'd send Bezos, Musk and Branson hurtling into deep space in a heartbeat.

But Space X have actively contributed to space research and created significant innovations in the field of rocketry (eg space rockets that can land upright and be re-used).

Bezos has just paid some people who know how to build a space rocket to build a space rocket, and then paid them a bit extra to make it look like an erect penis, because on top of everything else, he's a creep.

Bezos has just paid some people who know how to build a space rocket to build a space rocket, and then paid them a bit extra to make it look like an erect penis, because on top of everything else, he's a creep.
And despite being rich enough to do better he seems to have done the minimum to get over the line into 'space'. It's like someone building a copy of the Kitty Hawk Flyer in the 1960s, he's reached less than a third of Gagarin's altitude. Personally, if offered a free flight on a billionaire's penis substitute I wouldn't bother unless there was at least one orbit involved.

Back
Top Bottom