Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeff Bezos's space ambitions and the New Shepard spacecraft - news and discussion

Bezos has just paid some people who know how to build a space rocket to build a space rocket, and then paid them a bit extra to make it look like an erect penis, because on top of everything else, he's a creep.

Kind of, but it depends on how the tech's being used. Like any other science, patents are shared and purchased. Funding runs out with one outfit and then the patents and findings are bought by another who take it further, sell it on, then move it forward (or not).

BO have registered patents for scores (hundreds?) of parts of technology that were tested in their flights that weren't in SX or NASA programs.

That's how tech moves.

Fine if you don't like the bloke who owns it and want the whole industry and scientific exploration of the field to go to hell in a handcart; but to say that they're not achieving anything more worthwhile than an ego-boost is churlish.

Last edited:
At any point did anyone say to Shatner "show me more of this earth thing you call kissing"?

Another good reason to dislike William Shatner- he supports Autism Speaks, a hate group (that is not lead by autistic people) that believes in eugenics and wants a 'cure' for autism. They have also been to blame for alot of the anti-vaccine craziness. He has doubled down on his support for this group. Here's an article on some of that :

Last edited:
BO have registered patents for scores (hundreds?) of parts of technology that were tested in their flights that weren't in SX or NASA programs.

That's how tech moves.
I'm not an expert on BO's patent filings, so I'll happily be corrected. But it's my understanding that they've only really developed their own designs of generic bits and pieces. Nothing that's likely to be of use to anyone else in the future, and nothing that pushes any technological boundaries. Which is pretty remarkable given the amount of money Bezos has spent on it.

Another good reason to dislike William Shatner- he supports Autism Speaks, a hate group (that is not lead by autistic people) that believes in eugenics and wants a 'cure' for autism. They have also been to blame for alot of the anti-vaccine craziness. He has doubled down on his support for this group. Here's an article on some of that :

I was watching it on the news..I find myself thinking one of these tourist flights crashing is probably the best outcome for the planet. Here in Brazil the piece followed a film about the death of the Amazon.

Pretty soon, astronaut status will be officially denied to space tourism passengers. The most hilarious bit of Bezos' first trip was the commentator being instructed to add an astronaut prefix to every other fucking word. Astronaut Bezos is now strapped into his astronaut seat emitting an astronaut fart. I wonder if he wears astronaut wings to the office now? Almost certainly. I would love to have been in his spaceship today. Just for once Bezos would have been unprotected by his security people, who cost several million per annum. Imagine the fear in his eyes when we go weightless and I stamp on his head! I could have been the first person to fight in space!

Pretty soon, astronaut status will be officially denied to space tourism passengers. The most hilarious bit of Bezos' first trip was the commentator being instructed to add an astronaut prefix to every other fucking word. Astronaut Bezos is now strapped into his astronaut seat emitting an astronaut fart. I wonder if he wears astronaut wings to the office now? Almost certainly. I would love to have been in his spaceship today. Just for once Bezos would have been unprotected by his security people, who cost several million per annum. Imagine the fear in his eyes when we go weightless and I stamp on his head! I could have been the first person to fight in space!
Hate to be the one to burst your (slightly disturbing) fantasies but unlike here on Terra Firma where gravity gets involved and commits most of the aggro, in zero gravity Newton's 3rd Law would stick its oar in and you would go flying off in one direction and him in the other at the same speed and a greatly reduced effect.

Hate to be the one to burst your (slightly disturbing) fantasies but unlike here on Terra Firma where gravity gets involved and commits most of the aggro, in zero gravity Newton's 3rd Law would stick its oar in and you would go flying off in one direction and him in the other at the same speed and a greatly reduced effect.
Are you saying he should throttle the cunt instead?

I've seen enough space films to know that! My plan was to hold on to something while doing it. Throttling him would be more effective, so I'd follow up with that, but leaving a bootprint on his shiny skull is very appealing. I'd also graffiti his bonce with a magic marker which I'd smuggle on board.

What's wrong with a good old-fashioned stabbing? I bet BO passengers don't have to pass through any metal detectors before they get on board.

What's wrong with a good old-fashioned stabbing? I bet BO passengers don't have to pass through any metal detectors before they get on board.
All that blood floating around might fuck up the electronics. Also, death might not happen fast enough. They weren't in space for very long, and you'd want death to occur outside of earth's jurisdictions, so you'd want a fast yet painful method. I'll have to have a think on that one.

All that blood floating around might fuck up the electronics. Also, death might not happen fast enough. They weren't in space for very long, and you'd want death to occur outside of earth's jurisdictions, so you'd want a fast yet painful method. I'll have to have a think on that one.
Arguing that popping him off just above the Karman Line makes it outside the USA's jurisdiction sounds a bit Freeman of The Land to me

I'm sure there's a proper thread for it but I can't see it. There's the recent story about the Dutch being about to dismantle a historic bridge so that the twat's megayacht can put out to sea. The mayor? has said they're not going to do it but apparently:

I do like the Dutch :)

I'm sure there's a proper thread for it but I can't see it. There's the recent story about the Dutch being about to dismantle a historic bridge so that the twat's megayacht can put out to sea. The mayor? has said they're not going to do it but apparently:

I do like the Dutch :)
Not a huge deal if he pays for the work and rebuilding but I’ve put “Egging yacht in Rotterdam” in my diary for the 1st June anyway because it sounds like fun.

Back
Top Bottom