Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

James Cleverly’s unpleasant turn of phrase

Much as stories like this are appalling I see this whole "fuss" it as confirmation that the whole levelling up thing was focused on areas that voted tory - towns that voted Labour got nothing.

It's not my thread. But there's a danger here of people getting upset on others' behalf, no?

You gotta allow that axe wound is bad though.

I can imagine a heavy metal band made up of women could name their band Axe Wound and it be pretty cool. The actual band Axewound though, not so much.

But blokes referring to womens’ sexual organs as an axe wound strikes me as objectively violent and misogynistic.

You gotta allow that axe wound is bad though.

I can imagine a heavy metal band made up of women could name their band Axe Wound and it be pretty cool. The actual band Axewound though, not so much.

But blokes referring to womens’ sexual organs as an axe wound strikes me as objectively violent and misogynistic.
Which is kind of the point of the thread title, no? I get that people don't like it. But it's not posted approvingly. I'm a bad person, I think, as I couldn't care less about the thread title.

I think the point of the thread title was to get people to read the thread. Which is supposed to be about James Cleverley isn’t it? And his inappropriate language when (probably) drunkenly talking to a woman.

According to Pop Bitch no less

Still recall being really shocked when I first heard these sort of expressions and I didn't exactly grow up as Little Lord Fauntleroy or in some super right-on household, but we had the minimum of decency and respect. Poisonous.

V high proportion of male posters so far on thread. Would expect an array of different views from female posters.

Just in terms of reactions to differernt terms, I mean. Not so much with regard to James Cleverly, who I expect may be knockin’ on heaven’s door when it comes to flirtations with the urban laydeez massive.

Back
Top Bottom