Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Italy vs Wales, Sun 20th June 2021, ko 5pm

I know it's not the point, but why is the 'last 5' going right to left :hmm: :confused:

Anyway, will be interesting to see what team Italy put out.

Wales are relatively safe, right? Would need a 5 goal swing for Switzerland to go second. Know it may well not feel like it if you're Welsh, but hopefully that does mean it can be a bit more of a straight shootout and just play the game as the game :)

Last edited:
I know it's not the point, but what is the 'last 5' going right to left :hmm: :confused:

I think it must be their performances in their last five Euros games, so Italy have two wins, Wales a win and a draw, etc.

I agree it's bollocks though, as once you've played your three group games you have to win them all to remain in the tournament.

I think it must be their performances in their last five Euros games, so Italy have two wins, Wales a win and a draw, etc.

I agree it's bollocks though, as once you've played your three group games you have to win them all to remain in the tournament.
Yeah, but you'd assume the first match goes in the first circle if you're reading left to right. But it doesn't - reading left to right you see the results of the second match first, then the results of the first match.

I seem to remember the commentator during one of Italy's games mentioning how Mancini made all his squad players who didn't play the first game of the tournament do a full training match against Pescara's B team that weekend instead. He drives them pretty hard so I wouldn't expect any favours...

Presume it's a minor disadvantage playing the final group game early. Wales know they are just about through already, but not mathematically. When it comes to groups G and H, anybody with 4 points will officially know they are through, given that some groups will have concluded with 3rd place teams on 3 points. Not suggesting it's a good idea to be going in knowing you can lose and still go through of course, but it would certainly influence selection.

I'm quite looking forward to this, as I haven't seen Italy yet, despite the rave reviews they've been getting.

It's worth repeating that 5pm is a shit time for a football match. I intend to eat early and then watch the match on ITV+1.

Realistically, just need to avoid a thumping to finish second. But I think they're going to go out there and give it a go. I really hope so. Beating Italy in Italy in a tournament would be an amazing thing in and for itself, irrespective of the points situation.

But that said, Italy have been the best team thus far, imo. Fast and direct and attacking. Very un-Italy.

Interesting line-ups - no Locatelli, which is a shame but excellent news for Wales.

I have a hunch that Chiesa might do something special in this one - he's a brilliant young player.

2-2 draw for me - Ramsey to get one or two on the break.

i cant see this match being very good. both sides will qualify with a draw and no one will want to get injured before the knockout stages when they have already practically qualified.

Wales vs Rome is gonna be epic
View attachment 274391
Maybe they meant Romeo :D

t9ml8hSKxoi9.gif

Interesting line-ups - no Locatelli, which is a shame but excellent news for Wales.

I have a hunch that Chiesa might do something special in this one - he's a brilliant young player.

2-2 draw for me - Ramsey to get one or two on the break.
I'd be beyond delighted with a 2-2 draw. It's going to be a really tough game but I do feel strangely optimistic about today. The fool!

Back
Top Bottom