Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Maybe it's just that I've been a bit isolated from the rolling news today...but...has the reaction to Brexit being postponed been a bit muted all round?

Pretty much. May gave a her speech to Parliament with half her cabinet not there. Then the commons had a jolly good laugh at Mark 'charge of the light brigade' Francois. That's about it really.

There is, counting just Saturdays & Sundays.

And, 12 weeks when they are adjourned, which is 60 days of Mon-Fri.

Whereas you double counted the weekends into the adjourned weeks.

yeah got there in the end, so they have 84 days to sort it minus a shit load of Fridays :D

Last edited:
Reactions: CRI
yeah got there in the end, so they have 84 days to sort it minus a shot load of Fridays :D
202 days is 21 weeks plus 5 days
Of that, there are 12 weeks when they aren't sitting at all, leaving 9 weeks
They only sit from Monday to Thursday, so 9 weeks is only 36 working days, plus a few of the 5 extra days.
So of the 202 days between now and October 31st, they're actually only sitting for about 40 days

202 days is 21 weeks plus 5 days
Of that, there are 12 weeks when they aren't sitting at all, leaving 9 weeks
They only sit from Monday to Thursday, so 9 weeks is only 36 working days, plus a few of the 5 extra days.
So of the 202 days between now and October 31st, they're actually only sitting for about 40 days

Eaxctly ! :D

The time and date website tells me there are 143 workdays and that it excluded 29 Saturdays and 29 Sundays. Taking of the 29 Fridays then gives us 114 days.

If they are closed for 12 weeks at 4 days per week that is another 48 days lost which comes out at 66 days.

But there are also 3 bank holidays and I cant be arsed to work out how they affect those numbers so 63-69 by my count.

It's a complete contempt of the Royal family, who come up with a 7th in line to the throne for use as media distraction - and our politicans squander the window. It's beginning to look a lot like treason

Pretty much. May gave a her speech to Parliament with half her cabinet not there. Then the commons had a jolly good laugh at Mark 'charge of the light brigade' Francois. That's about it really.
Hmm...all a bit anti-climatic,eh?
Saw on news that Cash had told May to her face that should go...and it happened to remind me of a little (behind the scenes) interaction that I witnessed at College Green on the 24th June 2016. Whilst hanging around on the benches at the Southern end of the green (just basically having a giggle at all the talking heads being lined up to explain the result:D) along came Bill Cash and the other bloke (don't know?) said:
"Cheer up Bill, we won."
Made an impression at the time and I've been thinking about his gloom on 24/06/16 a few times recently.

Obviously something and nothing and perhaps such musing reflects the (rare) slow Brexit news day we seem to have had.

Howsomedever...

upload_2019-4-11_20-52-29.png

Maybe it's just that I've been a bit isolated from the rolling news today...but...has the reaction to Brexit being postponed been a bit muted all round?

Everyone's just a bit bored by this point. May is doing what should have been done 2 and a half years ago, as in getting the ball rolling. Nothing more.

Most people are bored off their tits with this shit, me included.

...and whilst I'm on a roll with Brexit related trivia...on that same day (the first day of taking back control) I went up from Westminster to the 'Economists' Bookshop' (Waterstones) at the LSE and there in their 2nd hand section picked up this tome. Made me giggle on 24/06/16.

upload_2019-4-11_20-59-13.png

Who'd you think? It was a reply to brogdale's giggle connected to sked who set up UKIP. Do i really have to do this?

If you mean it should be obvious who Sked is, then that’s simply a question about how much patience you have that you’ll have to answer yourself.

If you are asking yourself if you should be posting videos of triumphant xenophobes then it’s a ‘no’ from me.

If you mean it should be obvious who Sked is, then that’s simply a question about how much patience you have that you’ll have to answer yourself.

If you are asking yourself if you should be posting videos of triumphant xenophobes then it’s a ‘no’ from me.
Not sure you're reading the vibe here, Moose

Was it a public manifesto - give it a rest. You didn't get it, you got told.

Explain all allusions right now!!!!

Oh come on. Read it as it is. Rather than what you would want it to be.

That’s why I’m asking the question. Hardly outrageous. Not sure why it needs the added drama which is what my reply referred to.
It's literally the void-like lack of drama here today that I'm filling with Brexit-related piffle.

Back
Top Bottom