Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
em...the norm is to donate it to the server fund

I like to think of myself as exceptional. :cool:

It’s a bet. I’ll pay up if i lose. And funnily enough i hope i do.

So do I :cool:

I think a lot of remain Tories are lying about being remainers (including Cameron). I think if we leave the EU we’ll be toast economically. Yes, its full of neo-liberal technocrats but you can’t reform anything from outside the tent.

Was resigning and being one of the most ostracised PM's in history just part of the cunning ruse then?

The police got a 30 minute warning. They didn't get to warn everyone... pubs and restaurant locked their doors and people were told not to leave.

Bishop street is in a predominantly Catholic area. Take from that what you will.

Do you mind if I ask what you would take from it, other than the bomb was planted by some sort of loyalist group?

Just trying to understand whether you think it's simply a continuation of the general rise in sectarian violence or whether the Brexit/hard border stuff has influenced their tactics.

Do you mind if I ask what you would take from it, other than the bomb was planted by some sort of loyalist group?

Just trying to understand whether you think it's simply a continuation of the general rise in sectarian violence or whether the Brexit/hard border stuff has influenced their tactics.

In Derry, outside a courthouse? It could be dissidents as they've being trying to explode something in Derry for a while, i guess a show of strength to their young followers but some people are speculating it could be loyalists because its not the first time they've let bombs off to force goverments hand.

As an aside there are rumours that sections of the IRA in Dublin especially those that used to around Alan Ryan are involved in burning direct provision centers in places like Rooskey.

Do you mind if I ask what you would take from it, other than the bomb was planted by some sort of
loyalist group?

I've no idea.They will know better when/ if the powers that be release some information on the warning given.

My gut feeling is that it is loyalist sectarianism and to do with the border issue.
It's a nasty development.

What happened to the protocol that emerged after the 1998 agreement calling it Derry/Londonderry?

When I was a kid in the '70s and the Troubles seemed to be on the telly almost daily, I thought they were two different towns. :facepalm:

If you are on a bus through Derry and noone gets up to offer a seat, speak to each other or have eye contact, then its Londonderry.

Ming said:
think a lot of remain Tories are lying about being remainers (including Cameron).

Based on what? As SpackleFrog says if Cameron supported leave he could still be in power now. I'm sorry but this is tin-foil hat nonsense.

I agree with you there about Ming's point on 'lying'.

But with Cameron, If he'd supported leave in 2016,would he really still be there now? Whether or not remain had won?

Counterfactuals solve nothing, but interesting points.

Based on what? As SpackleFrog says if Cameron supported leave he could still be in power now. I'm sorry but this is tin-foil hat nonsense.
Can't back it up with anything, that's true. Just a feeling. A no-deal Brexit is a hell of an opportunity if your already wealthy and it'll enable them to push further getting rid of the welfare state. Also they have a track record of telling shameless whopping great porkies. Remember 'No top down reorganisation of the NHS?'. Followed by the biggest reorganisation in its history The Health and Social Care Act 2012. And then Portillo admitting they lied.

eta: I met Esther McVey once (my old local MP for West Wirral). She was campaigning about the local post office closing with a petition. I mentioned the Tory track record on post office closures and asked if her petition was cross party. She lied and said it was.

Last edited:
I agree with you there about Ming's point on 'lying'.

But with Cameron, If he'd supported leave in 2016,would he really still be there now? Whether or not remain had won?

Counterfactuals solve nothing, but interesting points.

Quite possibly if Cameron had campaigned to Leave it would have tipped the balance the other way :D

Can't back it up with anything that's true. Just a feeling. A no-deal Brexit is a hell of an opportunity if your already wealthy and it'll enable them to push further getting rid of the welfare state. Also they have a track record of telling shameless whopping great porkies. Remember 'No top down reorganisation of the NHS?'. Followed by the biggest reorganisation in its history The Health and Social Care Act 2012. And then Portillo admitting they lied.

eta: I met Esther McVey once (my old local MP for West Wirral). She was campaigning about the local post office closing with a petition. I mentioned the Tory track record on post office closures and asked if her petition was cross party. She lied and said it was.

Why not go all the way then and say Blair is secretly desperate for a no deal crash out? He probably did more to ensure Leave won and is still likely to win than any Tories.

Why not go all the way then and say Blair is secretly desperate for a no deal crash out? He probably did more to ensure Leave won and is still likely to win than any Tories.
I think he only joined the Labour Party because he wanted to shag Cherie Booth personally. Maybe he is. I am confident it’ll be a no-deal. They’re just running the clock down now. By the way you’ll see a lot more stories like this in the coming months...
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Back
Top Bottom