Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
As far as I can see, there were only four more votes up for grabs. Three ex-Labour MPs who've lost the whip and an ill Labour MP:

Ind
John Woodcock
Barrow and Furness
--
––

Ind
Fiona Onasanya
Peterborough
--
––

Ind
Mr Ivan Lewis
Bury South
--
––

Lab
Paul Flynn
Newport West
--
––

All the Tories and DUP made it in, apart from deputy speaker. The big shock of the night was that the wife of the former head of the RUC.... wait for it... voted with the government. Who'd have seen that coming.

As far as I can see, there were only four more votes up for grabs. Three ex-Labour MPs who've lost the whip and an ill Labour MP.
Lab
Paul Flynn
Newport West
--
––

Sad to find out about Paul Flynn’s ill health. A decent man. I hope he has better days ahead.

The rest can go fuck themselves

As far as I can see, there were only four more votes up for grabs. Three ex-Labour MPs who've lost the whip and an ill Labour MP:

Ind
John Woodcock
Barrow and Furness
--
––

Ind
Fiona Onasanya
Peterborough
--
––

Ind
Mr Ivan Lewis
Bury South
--
––

Lab
Paul Flynn
Newport West
--
––

Yesterday all eligible MPs (save the very ill Flynn) voted. That can't have happened very often.

Why the fuck hearing impaired people have to put up with a second-rate subtitling service I'll never know, it makes me mad! And in some instances I think it could be said to contravene their human right to access democracy, like when it's bloody Parliament!? :mad::(

So, your sense of humour has left the building then?

Well, I found it slightly funny for half a second before I reminded myself who those subtitles are for and why they need them? That instance is unintentionally amusing, but many of the errors made regularly in subtitles just make gobbledegook of the content, and it's not good enough. It's like giggling at fucked up Braile...I mean, ha de ha.:thumbs:

All the Tories and DUP made it in, apart from deputy speaker. The big shock of the night was that the wife of the former head of the RUC.... wait for it... voted with the government. Who'd have seen that coming.
Yep.
Maj of 19; a perfect (maximum leverage) outcome for the 10 DUP...Arlene will have made sure that May knows her office is dependent on ditching the backstop.

Why the fuck hearing impaired people have to put up with a second-rate subtitling service I'll never know, it makes me mad! And in some instances I think it could be said to contravene their human right to access democracy, like when it's bloody Parliament!? :mad::(
To be honest mate there was a part when Gove was talking that my ears stopped working anyway. I think I'd of preferred the Batman option at that point. :facepalm:

Podium job outside No. 10 at 22:03, presumably so we can hear the news headline that she's won something beforehand

I'm suddenly reminded of ten (?) years ago when we were all ordering free copies of the UKIP manifesto in braille :D

Like any deaf person is actually going to think that it meant Batman? Really?

No, they probably just laughed their tits off at under-funded services for the hearing impaired! :rolleyes:

The BBC has a legal duty to broadcast to disabled communities as well as they broadcast to able bodied ones. It's OK to find it funny, haha Batman!! I mean Batman!! It is a funny error, I'm not disputing that humour, that's why you posted it.

But wait a second and wonder it would feel like for you as a presumably hearing person, if the newsreader who reads the news at 6 o Clock got every tenth word wrong, you'd soon get pissed off wouldn't you??

Absolutely. Deaf people should have to suffer as much as the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom