Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ian Hislop and Private Eye

I don’t think there has ever been an unsuccessful assassination attempt which has failed to disappoint Urban.
As much as I think you all should agree with everything I say, I'm not vain enough to think I represent the majority of opinions on Urban. And all failed assassinations are disappointing to someone if only the would-be assassin.

It was hit by a mechanical fault, not gunshot

so who would fire a mechanical fault at a taxi :hmm:

You’re jumping the gun. The Met only say that “early indications” suggest a mechanical fault. Could still turn out to be a lightning bolt from an aggrieved deity, or a catapult fired by a juvenile delinquent.

I know it’s conference season and we’re desperate but “gunshot not fired at car” is a real stretch at trying to find something to put on the news

I don't think I've ever heard a gunshot in real life. There were times I thought I did in NYC, but it was probably more likely a car backfiring. Cars don't seem to do that any more. I wonder why.

If you could imagine the most amateur hour British copycat of the Charlie Hebdo shooting. This would be it.

Probably a team of local government planning officers, offended by PE's exposes of their shoddy and dubious decisions tried to take him out. But their planning was terrible

Back
Top Bottom