Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hungerford Town FC vs DHFC NLS Sat 5th 2020 (rescheduled date)

Fantastic, isn't it? Draw against Dorking and a couple of wins, and that best part of a million pounds that we've spunked away over the last two seasons seems like loose change now.

Glad we've got some points on the board obviously, but I'm afraid it's gonna take considerably more than a 3-0 win over Hungerford to convince me that everything is tickety boo. Even then, does it excuse the crap from recent years? That doesn't just disappear - unless of course you Tipex it out and pretend it didn't happen.

Not that any of this matters, of course. He doesn't listen to the fans anyway, does he. It would seem we are here to bankroll.

(As it's December, you can all start booing and hissing now.)

Last edited:
Fantastic, isn't it? Draw against Dorking and a couple of wins, and that best of a million pounds that we've spunked away over the last two seasons seems like loose change now.

Glad we've got some points on the board obviously, but I'm afraid it's gonna take considerably more than a 3-0 win over Hungerford to convince me that everything is tickety boo. Even then, does it excuse the crap from recent years? That doesn't just disappear - unless of course you Tipex it out and pretend it didn't happen.

Not that any of this matters, of course. He doesn't listen to the fans anyway, does he. It would seem we are here to bankroll.

(As it's December, you can all start booing and hissing now.)
Ha, thought you might bite. I've stayed out of it all on here but I've not been thrilled with the last couple of seasons either, obviously. But this team has become a different prospect the last few games so maybe Gav was right in that rare interview and it's taken a young team a while to get it together. We'll see but I'm hopeful.

Thought today was a great and quite gnarly win. The Hungerford fans got increasingly riled through the second half and it felt great to be watching football with a crowd again, even a small hostile one with just a tiny smattering of Dulwich.

Ha, thought you might bite. I've stayed out of it all on here but I've not been thrilled with the last couple of seasons either, obviously. But this team has become a different prospect the last few games so maybe Gav was right in that rare interview and it's taken a young team a while to get it together. We'll see but I'm hopeful.

Thought today was a great and quite gnarly win. The Hungerford fans got increasingly riled through the second half and it felt great to be watching football with a crowd again, even a small hostile one with just a tiny smattering of Dulwich.

Spoke to your twin brother at the end Macca, spitting image of you, obviously couldn’t have been you with no away fans allowed 😉

That was a gutsy win today. We defended really well for the first hour and Hungerford cerated absolutely nothing. Great build-up play for the second goal that led to our penalty. Last 20 minutes we were under quite a bit of pressure, but Charlie pulled off a fine save and we somehow survived an insane scramble in our box and a reasonable looking (from where I was) penalty appeal. Topped it all off with third goal near the end. We're definitely looking more like a team rather than a group of individuals now. I still want to see us keeping the ball better and passing it through teams more, but we're on the right track.

Where there's a will there's a way, eh.
A few supporters of kennington, followed their team out of tier 3 and into the ground at glebe this afternoon Too.
Business pretty much as usual, apart from scefl league games suspended.
He behaved impeccably and travelled safely. Definitely wouldn't have travelled from tier 3.

Spoke to your twin brother at the end Macca, spitting image of you, obviously couldn’t have been you with no away fans allowed 😉

I think it's just "travelling" away fans that are not permitted. Non-travelling away fans are permitted! Given that I travel to Portsmouth for home matches for my league team sometimes, and that is permitted, then my judgement for travelling to an away match is anything above 75 miles is not travelling! QED: Oxford City away is not included as travelling away for a match...seems reasonable.

I think it's just "travelling" away fans that are not permitted. Non-travelling away fans are permitted!

Good point and quite a flaw in the rules. Given its the 'travelling' that has been identified as the problem, not the 'spectating' , seems counter-intuitive that a home fan can travel within tier 2 to watch their team even if they live a hundred miles away, but a fan of the away team who lives locally can't attend. Only way to limit would be to restrict ticket sales to postcodes within X miles of the ground I guess.

Worth a watch for the goal mouth scramble and also Aaron Barnes' run to the byline.

Cracking viewing, good team spirit. About time we got a couple of 50:50 decisions, another day and Timlin would have been sent off, and they would have had a penalty.

baleboy_93 - how come some of your footage was up online on Sunday - did they pinch it from somewhere?
(SportsHubVideo on twitter)

Further to the home/away travelling discussion, I was just looking at our xmas fixtures and we are away at Hampton on the 28th and Welling on the 2nd. Temptation to go undercover will be strong!

Cracking viewing, good team spirit. About time we got a couple of 50:50 decisions, another day and Timlin would have been sent off, and they would have had a penalty.

baleboy_93 - how come some of your footage was up online on Sunday - did they pinch it from somewhere?
(SportsHubVideo on twitter)

Honestly didn’t know that, I’m not a big user of social media and Jam does all the uploading, have had people steal things or not give credit before, especially from editors who get paid by players to make a showreel at the end of the season and use our bits, never see a penny of it 😂

Honestly didn’t know that, I’m not a big user of social media and Jam does all the uploading, have had people steal things or not give credit before, especially from editors who get paid by players to make a showreel at the end of the season and use our bits, never see a penny of it 😂

Just seen it, it’s the National League highlights of the game that they’ve taken, J uploaded our footage as Hungerford lost half the second half of footage.

Further to the home/away travelling discussion, I was just looking at our xmas fixtures and we are away at Hampton on the 28th and Welling on the 2nd. Temptation to go undercover will be strong!
Let's face it there will be supporters of both clubs living in the Lewisham/Greenwich area for Welling game. Availability of tickets is the only real issue, attempting to ban away supporters (as opposed to asking them not to go) is a rather futile one size fits all exercise. For most Football League clubs no one other than home season ticket holders will be allocated a ticket anyway, it only really applies to the National League. Personally I'd say if tickets are on general sale and you want to be there, go for it. For the longer trips I suspect all the general restrictions making it impossible to have a proper day out are likely to be deterrent enough to most people. That was the main reason I didn't bother with Hungerford.

Back
Top Bottom